Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Jul 2010, 03:11 (Ref:2720605)   #26
Birddog07
Racer

United States
Pittsburgh
Birddog07 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that 2 compounds for the teams to chose from is fine, at most I'd say bring 3 out of the 4 coumpounds. Or, maybe Pirelli will only make 3 compunds? I'd really like seeing that, 3 compounds and the teams can use whatever they please.
Old 1 Jul 2010, 11:46 (Ref:2720720)   #27
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
IF this is a loophole, they could easily override it by saying "at least one lap of the race must be completed on the option tyre".
But then if one team's garage is after the finish line, the "last lap" with soft tyres would not be a "complete" lap

Perhaps it should say "at least most of one lap must be completed". Or not
Old 1 Jul 2010, 12:04 (Ref:2720728)   #28
Birddog07
Racer

United States
Pittsburgh
Birddog07 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An out lap and then one flying lap, which may then be followed by an in lap to charge tire compound if desired.
Old 1 Jul 2010, 12:39 (Ref:2720742)   #29
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think the rule for TGF's Silverstone strategy is the one where if you get a drive through within the last five laps, time will be added to your finishing time rather than you having to complete the drive through.

Of course in those days it was a stop/go but I believe this is where this rule came from.

As for Kobayashi, I can't see a reason he couldn't have done that. The stewards might try and say that their definition of used is being used on the race track though...
Old 2 Jul 2010, 04:02 (Ref:2720991)   #30
JABWOA
Veteran

Australia
3rd star to the left
JABWOA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The control (finishing) line is now before or after the pits (hence we sometimes have different start positions.) Has been this way for a number of years and deals somewhat with the MS situation at Silvestone all those years ago.)

I was wondering also if Kobi could hold on for another couple of laps and pit on the last lap. But his best move would be to pit once his speed started to drop to button (which it was) and make up time with light running on softs (which he did.)

Full credit to him for keeping Button behind him at the re-start till he found a rythm that kept them all behind without actually causing a (trulli) train. Same as the Lotus tried to do to Webber but all wrong (from both drivers.)