Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 Jul 2010, 10:54 (Ref:2732100)   #26
ran
Rookie

Australia
Melb
ran should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok, today i met with David Vernall the Secretary of the Victorian State Race Series Inc, at Sandown raceway. David was very helpful and explained exactly what would be required for us to get a grid. The great news is that we "could" get a grid for next year. Yes we could have a Victorian state championship. For us to meet the requirements we need 20 cars to show up to each of the meetings, any less and really we will struggle to keep our place. With out going into all the details i am going to be pushing for a 3 round series for 2011, now dont start thinking thats not enough, we need to show we can step up and show up. 3 rounds at 3 tracks, i believe that is enough for next year, id also be looking for another race to get it upto 4 race meetings. Of course as a club we are planning some get togethers and maybe some track/ sprint days for those that wish to run more. So, now its time for those interested to let me know, this will only happen if we make it happen. If you sit on your hands then nothing will happen and your beautiful car will sit on blocks in your garage. So either post up your interest in the "Yes i would like to race" section of the sports prototype website , or if u are shy and dont wish to sign up to the site then email me and ill add you in myself..... ok sooo lets get it going!!!! Also debating having a historic class with in the class for those running older cars....

R Maclurkin
Old 26 Jul 2010, 08:32 (Ref:2733142)   #27
ran
Rookie

Australia
Melb
Entrants:..........Capacity......Preferred race No.......Car

Up to 1.6lt class
Adam proctor........1lt................98........................Ralt lincspeed
Jonathon Stoeckel..1lt.............. 53........................West WR1000
Craig....................1lt...........................................hybrid clubman

1.6-3lt class
R Maclurkin..........2Lt............... 5.........................Lancia Dungey (historic)
Russ Butler...........2lt............... 77........................Arrow Raptor
Ashley Maclurkin....2.4lt.............23........................Norax (historic)

Over 3lt class
John Steiner.........4.8lt.........................................Joest Porsche LMP Replica
Locky F................3.2lt.............18.........................Norax Replica
Michael Gibson.....4.8lt..............11........................Saker Sprint
George Vidovic.....5.0lt..............99........................Python
John Biddlecombe.................................................Saker GTP sports

Rumours (ill move these up as they are confirmed)

Speads from victoria
Cobra Daytona
3 Wests
GT40 replica

latest entrant....
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 27 Jul 2010, 01:28 (Ref:2733735)   #28
ran
Rookie

Australia
Melb
Been getting some questions....so have started a FAQ.......

Q: Others have tried to do this and its failed, What makes you think this will get up?

A: This may take time, i cant talk for the other attempts as i dont know all the facts. The interest is around, cars exist, and the powers that be, are open to a class running. It will take work, by all of us. Promotion is important, this website needs to get out to everyone who may be interested. I also think that sticking to existing rules and keeping the class fairly open and not restricting it to one type of car will open the class to more potential cars.

Q:I am not 100% clear as to what this series/group is, what cars are allowed to run and what the rules are.

A: This is a series/ Group for Sports Prototypes. All cars must comply to the rules set out by cams for one of the following classes:

2A
2C
Sportsracers (Cat 6)
Historic sportscars
Group C
CanAm
Replicas
Invited sports cars

NO HARD BODIED CARS or open wheel cars will be invited our allowed to run in the series.

All cars must be log booked one of the above classes, or show race history as competing in said class. Invited cars will be allowed to run that meet the NO HARD BODIED rule and fit the spirit of the class.

Q: What do you mean No Hard Bodied cars?

A: Hard Bodied cars are steel bodied cars, so no sports cars such as 911 porsches, Lambos, and alike. Much like when they do practice days at tracks like Phillip Island, they wont run hard bodied cars with open wheelers and most of the time with clubmans and alike. Sure if you have a 911, and space frame it and hang fiberglass panels and logbook 2A then it can run.....
Car must be of space frame or Monocoque construction.

Q:No steel bodies cars, clubmans or I should say some clubmans have aluminium panels yes they are paper thin but still metal.

A: Answer coming....

Q: No open wheel cars, clubman front wheels are open.

A: Front-engine cars may be fitted with cycle-type mudguards on the front wheels only, and under these circumstances the bodywork need not cover all of the front suspension components. If fitted then such mudguards may be mounted on unsprung parts of the car, and must cover at least 120° of their circumference and the width of the tyre in contact with the road surface.

Q:What format will this be running, is it wheel to wheel racing?

A:Exact laps etc will be finalized before the start of the series in 2011, we will be running as part of the state series, so expect a similar format, Practice, Qual, and 2-3 races over 2 days.

We are also looking at doing a 1hr race as the final round.

Yes this is wheel to wheel racing, no handicaps races etc.

Q:What requirements/restrictions are there ie under 1.6lt must be stock engine from a 4 wheel car if the engine is to be rebuilt it can only be done so with original components ect.

A: Engines are free, you can run any engine you wish. As long as it complies with with your logbook.

Q:Could you run clubmans as there own class, in a separate race ?

A: Clubmans will run as part of the catagory, together with the other cars. We will not be splitting them up. We are more than happy to have a clubman club championship as part of the series.

Q: What classes will race:

A:
Up to 1.6lt class
1.6 - 3lt class
Over 3lt class