Oh, and the next thread will be everyone (who has one) explaining their avatar

bio
Old 31 Dec 2010, 12:17 (Ref:2809675)   #27
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Man, look at that: the number of Luiggi's posts: 666...

I always suspected that...

bio
Old 31 Dec 2010, 13:46 (Ref:2809705)   #28
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio View Post
Oh, and the next thread will be everyone (who has one) explaining their avatar

bio
Myn's just a sign that my parents photographed in scotland and i found it amusing at the time
Old 31 Dec 2010, 18:38 (Ref:2809777)   #29
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Luiggi,
did you realize we are the two old bones here?

bio
Not only that but everyone is from Europe exept for me who lives in the Caribbean. Bet you are all under a foot of snow while I'm having a pina colada under the atrocious Puerto Rican winter. at 80 degrees and sunny
Old 31 Dec 2010, 19:00 (Ref:2809781)   #30
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Luiggi,
did you realize we are the two old bones here?

bio
I'll be 37 in a few weeks so not that far behind you guys.
Old 31 Dec 2010, 19:03 (Ref:2809784)   #31
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuiggiSpeed View Post
Not only that but everyone is from Europe exept for me who lives in the Caribbean. Bet you are all under a foot of snow while I'm having a pina colada under the atrocious Puerto Rican winter. at 80 degrees and sunny
You know a foot of snow would have been nice, it was the 2 feet of snow overnight for about 5 nights running, and the associated digging the car out of it, that was the pain in the ... yes well carrying on with the thread.
Old 1 Jan 2011, 11:29 (Ref:2809889)   #32
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
I'll be 37 in a few weeks so not that far behind you guys.
Toddler... :P

bio
Old 1 Jan 2011, 11:30 (Ref:2809891)   #33
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Quote:
Bet you are all under a foot of snow
Ha ha, you'd definitely like to think so, Sir... In fact, there's nothing like a foot of snow here!

Much closer to two feet, actually...

bio
Old 1 Jan 2011, 14:40 (Ref:2809936)   #34
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Tathrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Naw, we've got no snow anymore, and we only really had a reasonable amount int he run up to Christmas. We've got 6 degrees C and cloudy (42F).
Old 1 Jan 2011, 18:44 (Ref:2810001)   #35
bio
Veteran

Hungary
It's about -10C (-14F) and some snow here (Hungary).

bio
Old 5 Jan 2011, 08:07 (Ref:2811357)   #36
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
No snow yet in this corner of Kansas. We're floating around 35-40 degrees for the highs, and lows of 10-25 depending on the night.

Anyway, I've just turned 24 a few weeks ago. The day before that, I graduated with my B.S. in Motorsport (okay, that's not the official title, but realistically, that's what it is).

I've been fascinated by things mechanical and infrastructural since before I can remember. I've watched whatever motor races were on network TV for just as long. I've been collecting a massive library of race recordings and literature for the last 10-12 years. In the last 5-7 years, I've been making a habit of seeing a race meeting or two live each year. Most recently, I attended the ALMS/IndyCar weekend at Mid Ohio last August.

I'm legally blind, so driving is out, but I've been drawing racing cars and circuits in my sketch books since elementary school. Due to a genetic condition, my optic nerves were largely crushed, and I will not be attaining anything like a "normal" male stature, as I'm only 4' 9" and won't be growing any more than that.

In terms of work, I'll be looking for motorsports writing jobs in the nearer term, with track design as the primary intention down the road.
Old 5 Jan 2011, 11:12 (Ref:2811418)   #37
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
That's awesome, man Mid Ohio's a nice track.

And it's also nice to see someone wanting to put their talent to good use. Have you had any luck in track design as of yet?

I'm going to be visiting Apex Circuit Design in February

Selby