Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 Oct 2011, 07:28 (Ref:2969709)   #26
Burfs
Rookie

Burfs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A few pictures of the progress so far.
The new bonnet has been resprayed to match the original racing colours chosen by the Myers brothers in 1963. The old engine is out and a new one is being built as I type...
Attached Thumbnails
IMGP0307.JPG   IMGP0308.JPG  
Old 15 Oct 2011, 08:20 (Ref:2971455)   #27
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This is just going to be a lovely little thing; really looking forward to seeing it completed and out on track.
Old 25 Oct 2011, 15:12 (Ref:2976588)   #28
sebringracer
Rookie

United Kingdom
sebringracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Ian (Just to let you know I am following 'Tubbys' progress) - thought you might be interested in an entry in the 60's racers thread in this forum 28 May 2005, 22:22 #89 (Copied below) - I did ask if anyone remembered lumbertubs but got no response. All the best, Dave

Bill Nicholson
I was an at Moto Baldet in Northampton in 1965 when Bill Nicholson was there. he used to prepare 286FAC in the main shop just behind my bench. It was a 1963 he got new. It was at Westone Motors, part of the Moto Baldet group. Andre Baldet raced Lotus Cortinas out of there. Ken Myers, the shop foreman, also built a Mallock MK6B out of there and it was driven by his brother Brian. Also one of the very first Lotus 47 racers was built there. I also remember Sid Taylor's Lola T70 there when he was racing at Silverstone. Bill Nicholson LTD looks like the old Hamptune Motors building which was run by Ken Myers after he left Moto Baldet.
Old 25 Oct 2011, 15:26 (Ref:2976600)   #29
Burfs
Rookie

Burfs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Dave, thank you for that..all information gratefully received!
The latest development is the purchase of a set of split Webers that were originally on PMO200....exciting! that should give me a few more hp!!
Old 25 Oct 2011, 15:48 (Ref:2976618)   #30
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
This is just going to be a lovely little thing; really looking forward to seeing it completed and out on track.