Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 6 Nov 2011, 15:47 (Ref:2982323)   #1
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Donington 2011

So Christopher Tate is now head honcho at Donington Wonder how that will work?

Best of luck!
Old 6 Nov 2011, 18:36 (Ref:2982389)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I hope it works well, as we all do. Being discussed here BTW. http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130763
Old 6 Nov 2011, 18:41 (Ref:2982391)   #3
Giraffe138
Racer

Giraffe138 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
So Christopher Tate is now head honcho at Donington Wonder how that will work?

Best of luck!
Here he is yesterday chatting to Geoff Richardson at Silverstone...

By giraffe138 at 2011-11-06

No idea what his strengths are, but he's been around a while.
Old 7 Nov 2011, 10:13 (Ref:2982670)   #4
lml698
Racer

England
Glos
lml698 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would be very surprised if we don't see Donington now start to run its own races/ meetings etc. rather like MSVR and Castle Combe. I can't see Chris as an Ex-organisers sitting around doing bookings, Flea markets and Museum days. Perhaps they will take up the mantle that BRDC had at Silverstone 20yrs ago and run big events again? ( subject to planning)!!!!!
Old 7 Nov 2011, 15:03 (Ref:2982766)   #5
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
I can't see it.
He will need money to spend and then spend it wisely .
Planning,airport considerations.
Masters have done well without him although he is represented !
It needs revenue steams including through pop concerts and all other stuff.
Tough job with the present owner seemingly not fully committed to racing.
Is this a prelude to a takeover.
That would be interesting!
Old 7 Nov 2011, 17:57 (Ref:2982828)   #6
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Suppose we'll just have to wait and see.
Old 7 Nov 2011, 22:59 (Ref:2982950)   #7
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
You just never know do you....time will tell........
Old 8 Nov 2011, 08:46 (Ref:2983054)   #8
Ted Walker
Veteran

Ted Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whats happened to Robert Fearnell ?????
Old 8 Nov 2011, 09:22 (Ref:2983065)   #9
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Donington Park announces new Managing Director
4 November 2011
Kevin Wheatcroft, Donington Park Racing’s Executive Chairman and circuit owner, announced today that Christopher Tate is joining the company’s Board of Directors with immediate effect and has been appointed Managing Director.
Donington has been re-opened under Kevin Wheatcroft’s control for just 14 months since the enforced 2009/2010 closure by the previous group, and has since enjoyed a busy 2011 season on and off the track, with major international meetings and a busy schedule of improvements. Also during 2011, a new team of Donington people has been built, with the return of some key former employees as well as several new faces to the sport and the industry. During this first revived year, the company has been led by Kevin Wheatcroft and finance director Phil O’Connor, so the appointment of Christopher Tate as Managing Director now completes the Board.
“This is a further step forward for the company”, said Kevin Wheatcroft, Executive Chairman and son of circuit founder Tom, whose passing exactly 2 years ago this week was remembered at the circuit on Monday 31st. “Christopher and I have known each other for quite a while, and I know that we share the same vision of a restored, revived Donington, well positioned to face the challenges we all face right across motorsport, on both 2 and 4 wheels. We are building a strong platform for the future; I’ve been really encouraged by the first full year we’ve had back in charge, and under Christopher’s leadership, look forward to further growth in 2012. Donington is very much back in business!”
Christopher Tate is a 30+ year motorsport industry veteran, with a career which includes senior positions at Lola Cars International, the Elan Panoz group, and as a co-founder and director in the start-up and construction of Rockingham Motor Speedway. From 2004 to 2010, Tate also led the rapid growth of the Masters Historic Racing group, which is now the market leader in historic motorsport across Europe. In the 1980s and 1990s, Tate’s London sports marketing agency acted for sponsors, drivers and teams, and worked in CART, sportscars, and various race formula and series in UK, Europe and USA. He has enjoyed a parallel TV career in motorsports television, commentating at Le Mans as well as acting an Indycar and US racing pundit on SkySports.
Tate said:- “I am truly delighted to have been entrusted with this challenging new task and wonderful heritage. Donington is about a driving passion, in every sense. Tom Wheatcroft was an inspiration to so many, and Kevin having decided last year to take back control, has put the same energy and drive into reviving this wonderful circuit. I’m a Donington fan; I was here on the original opening day back in 1977; I’ve raced here often, always extremely badly, and with the Masters Series, I was very proud to have organised the re-opening Revival Meeting on the first weekend in September 2010. Now there’s a great deal to do, but most of the pieces of the jigsaw are falling into place. I hope that every customer, from the top world professional series, to the club racer, the track day enthusiast, and every spectator will see and enjoy the steady programme of improvements we have planned. We all here aim to ensure that this great circuit remains the UK’s heart and soul of passionate, challenging motorsport”.
Old 9 Nov 2011, 11:11 (Ref:2983517)   #10
LYNX
Veteran

England
Hampshire
LYNX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I sincerely wish Christopher and Donnington Circuit all the best. The 2012 season will be the bench mark. Still can´t understand why cars have to race with silencers when you can´t hear the Clerk of the Course´s instructions to use silencers due to the noise of the planes overhead!
Old 9 Nov 2011, 11:17 (Ref:2983520)   #11
Gerryc
Racer

United Kingdom
Aylesbury, Bucks.
Gerryc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNX View Post
I sincerely wish Christopher and Donnington Circuit all the best. The 2012 season will be the bench mark. Still can´t understand why cars have to race with silencers when you can´t hear the Clerk of the Course´s instructions to use silencers due to the noise of the planes overhead!
I think the problem you are having results from trying to apply the normal rules of logical thinking to motor racing, and especially to the rules and governances controlling it