Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 22 Dec 2011, 14:02 (Ref:3003207)   #376
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
DanicaFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The schedule is just downright horrible. I am not even excited about the season.
Old 22 Dec 2011, 14:31 (Ref:3003216)   #377
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have noticed that in Autosport there are two TBA's still yet to come.
Old 22 Dec 2011, 16:10 (Ref:3003245)   #378
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I read an article yesterday that the Baltimore GP has 10 days to live unless a multi million dollar money man turns up. Sounds like the irl got stiffed on their little sanctioning fee as well.
Old 22 Dec 2011, 16:14 (Ref:3003247)   #379
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanicaFan View Post
The schedule is just downright horrible. I am not even excited about the season.
The irl and it's fans have to reap what they sowed. This is the reality and you can't escape it. Ultimately the price has to be paid for following someone like tony george down his road over a cliff.

It's not nice and it's not pretty, but it is the reality and the end result of standing with tony george. This is how the "Vision" turned out.
Old 23 Dec 2011, 07:36 (Ref:3003461)   #380
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Get out and support it mate. Its the only way it will get better.

15 events is still something to get excited about - its still Indycar racing so I think thats a pretty good start.

Sure we would like to see more ovals but I am not sure what the solution is for 2012 with the departure of the 1.5mile ovals.
Old 23 Dec 2011, 19:57 (Ref:3003684)   #381
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
Texas will also host one race there on June 9th, no more twin race gimmick. Im glad, Texas was always a good race, there was no reason to mess with it.
Old 25 Dec 2011, 14:33 (Ref:3004150)   #382
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Would you feel any different if Danicadoll was still around?

I don't mind the schedule actually as I'm not fond of ovals in the first place. Good enough for me.
Old 25 Dec 2011, 15:53 (Ref:3004155)   #383
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post

I don't mind the schedule actually as I'm not fond of ovals in the first place. Good enough for me.
I wouldn't mind it if there were actually a good number of decent road courses. Two of the three ONLY permanent road courses on the schedule produce rubbish "racing" for these cars, although hopefully the Sonoma changes do something for this. Not to mention my view on street courses, but I'm not even going to bother talking about that, we all saw how great a financial success Baltimore was.

I doubt Danica has anything to do with it compared to the fact that the user hates the schedule and the Dallara DW12 appears to be a piece of crap. Although without Danica, Indycar will likely go from having little mainstream media attention, to zero mainstream media attention.
Old 26 Dec 2011, 15:40 (Ref:3004291)   #384
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
Quote:

Honestly, I would be more excited if Danica was still in the series yes. But, I am not excited about the breakdown of the schedule itself, regardless if she was in the Series. Its terrible. Its starting to go down the Champcar path and Im afraid its destined for doom if it doesnt turn around and yes, get more ovals back on the schedule.
Old 26 Dec 2011, 23:07 (Ref:3004390)   #385
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
The schedule is geared towards the rounds that made money/fair attendance. Oddly enough sometimes the poor races got a good attendance, good races had empty grandstands. So we've got a fairly uninspiring 2012 schedule and that doesn't bode well.
Old 27 Dec 2011, 03:37 (Ref:3004418)   #386
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Honestly, I would be more excited if Danica was still in the series yes. But, I am not excited about the breakdown of the schedule itself, regardless if she was in the Series. Its terrible. Its starting to go down the Champcar path and Im afraid its destined for doom if it doesnt turn around and yes, get more ovals back on the schedule.
Which ovals would you put back in Danica fan?

Are you guys not excited by Indy, Iowa, Edmonton, Toronto, Fontana etc
Old 27 Dec 2011, 05:38 (Ref:3004431)   #387
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Which ovals would you put back in Danica fan?

Are you guys not excited by Indy, Iowa, Edmonton, Toronto, Fontana etc

I would put back Phoenix, Chicagoland, Kentucky, Richmond, Homestead-Miami, Michigan, just to name a few.
Old 27 Dec 2011, 07:11 (Ref:3004439)   #388
D.R.T.
Veteran

Ok, now Danicafan how many of those tracks have promoters and sponsors to support the running of these events?

Can the series even run at the 1.5 milers you have listed?

I would love to have Richmond, Milwaulkee, New Hampshire back in the series however they can't be until they have the support behind them
Old 28 Dec 2011, 22:35 (Ref:3004956)   #389
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They made a complete hash of Milwaukee last season. It should have been run a week after Indy and promoted as such, like it used to be.
Old 30 Dec 2011, 04:38 (Ref:3005392)   #390
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Ok, now Danicafan how many of those tracks have promoters and sponsors to support the running of these events?

Can the series even run at the 1.5 milers you have listed?

I would love to have Richmond, Milwaulkee, New Hampshire back in the series however they can't be until they have the support behind them

Milwaukee is an oval I forgot to put on my list. I love that track. Yes, the series can at all those tracks I have listed. They have run there before many times.
Old 30 Dec 2011, 05:30 (Ref:3005396)   #391
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
RoadATL can't and won't happen, even through the Micky Mouse Moto chicanes, there are too many areas lacking proper fencing for spectator safety. I'd prefer they stop butchering my home track and think they'll stick with Barber for a Southeastern event.

This series would peak more interest from me if they included some more of the classic road courses like Road America, Cleveland and Detroit. Still half and half road to circle tracks would please most, but I'd prefer more road courses than speedways.
I'd prefer most of the awful street and temporary courses be replaced by real road courses. Even Toronto, which is probably one of the most overrated races on the calendar. Mosport would be miles better, but I guess it's just as dangerous as Road Atlanta.
Old 30 Dec 2011, 07:04 (Ref:3005419)   #392
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Milwaukee is an oval I forgot to put on my list. I love that track. Yes, the series can at all those tracks I have listed. They have run there before many times.
As you are aware Danicafan just because Indycar has raced there before doesnt mean it makes it viable to race there in 2012.

Robin Miller has written this weak that Randy Bernard is in talks with Richmond for 2013 which is encouraging.
Old 31 Dec 2011, 01:42 (Ref:3005749)   #393
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
Contract to run Baltimore GP terminated by city. The BRD group that ran the race has $12 million in debt and $100,000 in cash on hand. If they sold 111,000 tickets as they say where did the money go? Vendors that built the track, grandstands, barriers, etc none have been paid.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bre...,4186350.story
Old 31 Dec 2011, 11:57 (Ref:3005832)   #394
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This deal has been a political football since it was first announced. Anybody in city government who continues to support the event is gambling their future on a reversal of fortunes. They won't, and they won't.
Old 31 Dec 2011, 12:44 (Ref:3005844)   #395
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
I'd prefer most of the awful street and temporary courses be replaced by real road courses. Even Toronto, which is probably one of the most overrated races on the calendar. Mosport would be miles better, but I guess it's just as dangerous as Road Atlanta.
LMP1s are only a few seconds slower than Indycars (sometimes faster) and they race without problems on Atlanta, Mosport and other great NA road courses. Okay you might argue that the B-class Dallaras could be more fragile and dangerous but not all LMPs are coupes either. And Indy guys don't have to pass lower class GTs constantly.

High banked Texas speedway is million times more dangerous than those tracks put together.
Old 31 Dec 2011, 22:55 (Ref:3005984)   #396
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagtechOhio View Post
This deal has been a political football since it was first announced. Anybody in city government who continues to support the event is gambling their future on a reversal of fortunes. They won't, and they won't.
I think the one question I have is where did all the money go?

The hold up I see is all the vendors that got stiffed that built the grandstands, fencing, barriers, etc. You'd have to imagine if you are one of those companies that are owed a couple of hundred grand, you'd be reluctant to want to do work for the following year until they are paid plus receive a hefty deposit for next years race.
Old 31 Dec 2011, 23:00 (Ref:3005985)   #397
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
Quote:
LMP1s are only a few seconds slower than Indycars (sometimes faster) and they race without problems on Atlanta, Mosport and other great NA road courses. Okay you might argue that the B-class Dallaras could be more fragile and dangerous but not all LMPs are coupes either. And Indy guys don't have to pass lower class GTs constantly.

High banked Texas speedway is million times more dangerous than those tracks put together.
My understanding is there are a few issues and one of which I recall was the use of armco at several of those tracks. The long, long dallara nose and the speed of the car, if the angle is right, punches through the lower part of the 3 tier armco and as the car goes further in, the untouched higher armco comes in contact with the drivers head and as has happened in the past, removes the drivers head from his shoulders.
Old 1 Jan 2012, 22:29 (Ref:3006266)   #398
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
as has happened in the past, removes the drivers head from his shoulders.
really?? That's shocking. Could you give an example?
Old 1 Jan 2012, 22:46 (Ref:3006272)   #399
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
really?? That's shocking. Could you give an example?
Helmuth Konigg and Francois Cevert are 2 I can think of easily. There have been others.
Old 1 Jan 2012, 23:16 (Ref:3006277)   #400
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Incorrect Armco installation and Armco lifting out of the ground respectively. Neither recorded as driving Dallaras.

I meant the problem you implied of a Dallara piercing Armco.