Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 20 Jun 2002, 08:07 (Ref:317367)   #1
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Aural Pleasure

The racegypsy's comments about the Panoz in another thread reminds me. What a great year for noise!

The Panozes were back in loud and proud mode. Last year just wasn't right, they were far too quiet, this year you could hear and feel their unmistakable noise a way off. Only the Corvettes came close on the bowel-moving stakes.

Then there were the Judds which screamed around the track. And the wonderful Ferrari V12s. Even the Morgan had a fantastic sound.

Depressingly though it was the quiet R8s and Bentley that were the most successful. Is this because their engines are less stressed, or more conservative?

Finally, can you believe that some people walk around with ear-plugs in!? Tsch, might as well walk around with your eyes shut, absolute sacrilege.
Old 20 Jun 2002, 08:17 (Ref:317369)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There were some good noises.

It could be argued that the quieter engines could be better because all the power goes into moving the car forward and not making a loud noise!

I wish I had my ear plugs in occasionally, but only when extremely close to the track on the run down to Tetre-Rouge and the run down to Indianapolis.

I have to admit that the early exit of the Mazda didn't concern me too much!

My favourite? Probably the Judds, which is odd because I normally prefer V12s.
Old 20 Jun 2002, 08:39 (Ref:317390)   #3
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
My favourite was the Judd V10 (especially nice to here still on Sunday morning), I also loved the Ferrari 550 and the obviously the Panoz and Corvette. None these however can beat the glorious scream of the Ferrari V12 in the 333SP of a few years back.
I didnt take to the Morgan as it sounded a bit to strained.
Old 20 Jun 2002, 08:43 (Ref:317398)   #4
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Much as I loved the Panoz and Corvettes, my particular favourite has to be the Saleen. With those looks too! I'll have to sell the kids and get one one day.

FG
Old 20 Jun 2002, 08:44 (Ref:317400)   #5
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i thought the riley and scott sounded nice...although thats the same engine as the panoz right? maybe its because it went around a little more than the panoz then!
Old 20 Jun 2002, 11:33 (Ref:317521)   #6
hgb
Racer

hgb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's the turbo that reduces the level of sound. The exhausts are forced into the turbo and cannot excape. Later when they leave the turbo again there is only a little whistle left, what a crying shame. I love the turbo bangs, though. I must confess that I was a bit relieved to find the Mazda out of race so early.
Old 20 Jun 2002, 13:01 (Ref:317597)   #7
ginettag27
Racer

ginettag27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've always liked the Panoz 'sound' (apart from last year!), the 'vettes definitely sounded the best they've ever sounded, but I too must agree with FG1, the Saleens just had that extra special sound, a sort of purr just below the bark..

EPS
Old 21 Jun 2002, 01:36 (Ref:317988)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And the Saleens are beautiful too. I love two Panoz' in tandem going by, and I especially love two Corvettes and two Saleens in a pack!

Nothing like American Thunder to remind me why I go racing. And it is especially nice that we got a CD this year with the programs so now we can listen to the noise on our laptops while we are working!
Old 21 Jun 2002, 17:54 (Ref:318324)   #9
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by FG1
I'll have to sell the kids and get one one day
For whom I know, I'm interrested to adopte them, but I'm not sure the old bat will agree ... and to buy... hum... not rich enough, I think !
Old 21 Jun 2002, 21:20 (Ref:318438)   #10
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
I'm interrested to adopte them,
Thanks for the offer, I'll be in touch!

FG