Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 5 Aug 2013, 15:21 (Ref:3286160)   #951
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow, this explains a lot of things...

I wonder if this test should be mandatory for race every driver. That way we would know who is the best even before they join the F1, or even if they don't make it to the top. Then there would be no need to deliver in a real race car, because you already proved how fast you are on Top Gear.

Old 5 Aug 2013, 15:25 (Ref:3286163)   #952
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This adds a whole new slant on things. I thought the Top Gear track times were only used by Hamilton fanboys to prove he is the fastest driver ... in the world.
Old 5 Aug 2013, 18:07 (Ref:3286218)   #953
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very interesting stats.
Old 5 Aug 2013, 23:54 (Ref:3286355)   #954
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Very interesting stats.

Quite funny how the latest driver to appear always seems to get the fastest time!

Trying to provoke the others to come back?
Old 6 Aug 2013, 06:18 (Ref:3286405)   #955
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Stig 2 must be one of the greatest drivers in the world, better than Hill, Mansell, Button, Kimi... Stig 2 should have at least won 4 world titles. Wonder who it is.

Webber being a second a lap faster than Vettel, what a shame for him that he can't replicate that in F1, he should be finishing a minute ahead of Vettel at every race, he'd be unstoppable! Oh if only Marko liked him, right?
Old 6 Aug 2013, 07:28 (Ref:3286422)   #956
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bit of fun ALERT!
Old 6 Aug 2013, 07:50 (Ref:3286431)   #957
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Definitive proof if ever we needed it.
Old 6 Aug 2013, 07:54 (Ref:3286434)   #958
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Bit of fun ALERT!
Old 6 Aug 2013, 08:45 (Ref:3286443)   #959
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsTrecu View Post
Wow, this explains a lot of things...

I wonder if this test should be mandatory for race every driver. That way we would know who is the best even before they join the F1, or even if they don't make it to the top. Then there would be no need to deliver in a real race car, because you already proved how fast you are on Top Gear.

At some point in every year it should be mandatory for all drivers to drive Top Gear's Suzuki with triple WDC points going to the top 10 fastest times.
This would put the WDC into real perspective and reveal who is really the 'best driver'.
There's nothing like real competition to open the window on real ability.
Old 6 Aug 2013, 13:17 (Ref:3286528)   #960
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
At some point in every year it should be mandatory for all drivers to drive Top Gear's Suzuki with triple WDC points going to the top 10 fastest times.
This would put the WDC into real perspective and reveal who is really the 'best driver'.
There's nothing like real competition to open the window on real ability.
Ahn... yeah.
Old 6 Aug 2013, 20:37 (Ref:3286636)   #961
jedrinck
Racer

jedrinck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That sure is a fine idea. Why bother with F1 cars at all?
Old 7 Aug 2013, 03:08 (Ref:3286728)   #962
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Truly the best bit of all this entertainment is the quote:
"My father told me to never hit little boys"
Old 7 Aug 2013, 10:21 (Ref:3286857)   #963
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notso Swift View Post
Truly the best bit of all this entertainment is the quote:
"My father told me to never hit little boys"
T'was pretty good!
Old 7 Aug 2013, 10:38 (Ref:3286860)   #964
jedrinck
Racer

To be fair, Webber would look like a sore loser if he hit Vettel. In a way, he already does. When Vettel was on Top Gear, not a word was talked about Webber. When Webber is on, he keeps suggesting how hard he has it with his unbearable teammate. He tries to act like he doesn't care but if that was so he certainly wouldn't be on and on about it.
Old 7 Aug 2013, 10:54 (Ref:3286865)   #965
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
All Webber did was answer some questions about Vettel with tongue firmly in cheek. Vettel didn't mention Webber because he wasn't asked about him.
Old 7 Aug 2013, 17:31 (Ref:3286981)   #966
jedrinck
Racer

True, but it was an obvious question to ask because it seems to be his "thing".
Old 7 Aug 2013, 19:41 (Ref:3287013)   #967
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I watched the full episode finally, considering it's a british show the interview was great.
It was funny also to see how relieved everybody was when they knew he did a faster time than Seb but not as fast a Lewis, that was the best part for me.

Now all Webber needs to do is to beat Vettel on the track so he does not look like a sore loser. No, it's too late for that
Old 7 Aug 2013, 22:56 (Ref:3287055)   #968
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedrinck View Post
True, but it was an obvious question to ask because it seems to be his "thing".
That's quite unfair. You come across as looking for something bad to see in him. It is the same as saying Vettel's "thing" is ignoring team orders to shaft Webber.

I don't have anything against either, so I shall be sticking up for both against unfair comments.
Quote:
I watched the full episode finally, considering it's a british show the interview was great.
Yeah for a British show it was alright.
Quote:
It was funny also to see how relieved everybody was when they knew he did a faster time than Seb but not as fast a Lewis, that was the best part for me.
I think you may be reading too much into that.
Quote:
Now all Webber needs to do is to beat Vettel on the track so he does not look like a sore loser. No, it's too late for that
Not beating him on track just makes him a loser. It is perfectly possible to be a sore winner too.
Old 7 Aug 2013, 23:32 (Ref:3287066)   #969
wnut
Veteran

Quote:

I have completely lost faith in any of the top gear lap times, they look manipulated, which is a pity because I believed that the lap boards were unbiased and a fair representation of the laps achieved.

Although I suppose the circuit conditions, ambient temperatures etc. vary markedly between individual runs.
Old 7 Aug 2013, 23:42 (Ref:3287068)   #970
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
What made you lose faith?
Old 7 Aug 2013, 23:52 (Ref:3287071)   #971
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
What made you lose faith?
Some of the good laps have looked very untidy, with clear mistakes in them!

Then for Vettel to be a full second behind Lewis, and .9 behind Mark just beggars belief. A very convenient and popular result as jsTrecu pointed out.
Old 7 Aug 2013, 23:55 (Ref:3287072)   #972
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I'd not noticed the time losing mistakes. A bit Jerez '97 then.
Old 8 Aug 2013, 00:17 (Ref:3287081)   #973
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
I'd not noticed the time losing mistakes. A bit Jerez '97 then.
It does look a bit that way Adam43!

"It was better to let them through to win the WDC." Jaques

Had completely forgotten that!
Old 8 Aug 2013, 00:17 (Ref:3287082)   #974
jsTrecu
Veteran

Quote:
I don't have anything against either, so I shall be sticking up for both against unfair comments. Yeah for a British show it was alright.
I meant it was great for the british spectators because that's what they want, some Vettel bashing which is very popular nowadays. The same interview in a german show would cause a very different reaction.

Quote:
I think you may be reading too much into that.
It's what people were hoping for and they were happy when they got it, I'm not trying to say more than that.

Quote:
Not beating him on track just makes him a loser. It is perfectly possible to be a sore winner too.
Agree, it's just that he seems to forget he was the first one to disobey team orders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I have completely lost faith in any of the top gear lap times, they look manipulated, which is a pity because I believed that the lap boards were unbiased and a fair representation of the laps achieved.

Although I suppose the circuit conditions, ambient temperatures etc. vary markedly between individual runs.
I don't think they are manipulated, but if they were I wouldn't be surprised at all
Old 8 Aug 2013, 00:20 (Ref:3287083)   #975
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
It does look a bit that way Adam43!

"It was better to let them through to win the WDC." Jaques

Had completely forgotten that!
I was referring to the pole time.

@jsTrecu fairplay