Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 10 Oct 2013, 07:16 (Ref:3315595)   #51
Hawkesfire
Rookie

England
Stockton On tees
Hawkesfire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just heard that Stuart might not be running as he has engine problems
Old 14 Oct 2013, 08:31 (Ref:3317593)   #52
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkesfire View Post
Just heard that Stuart might not be running as he has engine problems
Spotted a few comments on Facebook that seem to confirm this. Shame as a Bird/Simpson/Emery final could have been very entertaining to watch.

In better news I see Kevin Procter is now on the list. Only just noticed Hrolfsson as well: glad he has managed to nail his car back together as it looked a bit of a mess when it left the circuit at Lydden.
Old 14 Oct 2013, 10:20 (Ref:3317647)   #53
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well he ssems to have been trying to see it for months, so I guess its a good reason to make it look better as its for sale on .com now
Old 21 Oct 2013, 08:22 (Ref:3320880)   #54
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I don't know about everyone else, but I had a thoroughly enjoyable weekend at Croft. First time there, weather was much better than I was expecting and some really good racing yesterday.

Great win from Procter, good drive from Simpson to make it to the back of the A final and highly entertaining driving from Jansen: he would have made the A final easily if he hadn't driven the B like a complete lunatic!
Old 21 Oct 2013, 09:04 (Ref:3320897)   #55
TimRTC
Racer

TimRTC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I certainly had a good day, perfect timing with the weather - heavens opened just ten minutes after the end of the last race.

Looking forward to the all-retro event at the end of November.
Old 21 Oct 2013, 09:09 (Ref:3320901)   #56
Hawkesfire
Rookie

England
Stockton On tees
Hawkesfire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not so good for me engine No3 went bang another 2K bill really need to move the rad into the back of the car as it was overheating
Old 21 Oct 2013, 10:07 (Ref:3320926)   #57
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A very well-run and enjoyable event all in all. Was it a grand prix? Not a very large overseas entry but those that did come entertained. Not sure what was going on in Jansen's head but you'd certainly turn up to watch him again!

Retros were excellent again although I'd have preferred to see the 4wd cars in the Grand Prix proper. Gibson's times seemed fairly competitive.

The only slight downside to the meeting was witnessing the slow decline of junior rallycross. Maybe thought should be give to teaming up with F1000 rally juniors and forming a class around those cars?
Old 21 Oct 2013, 10:20 (Ref:3320931)   #58
TimRTC
Racer

TimRTC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
The only slight downside to the meeting was witnessing the slow decline of junior rallycross. Maybe thought should be give to teaming up with F1000 rally juniors and forming a class around those cars?
I wonder if the success of Andy Jordan might do a little to give the series a boost, as might the relative success of the Global Rallycross championship.

I think the main issue these days is that a genuine wage earning drive is pretty much limited to the top open-wheel or sportscar championships which makes the junior open-wheeler racing with its established ladder of progression to these championships far more attractive for someone wanting to make a career of being a racing driver.

Not to mention that many of these series, like Ginetta Juniors and BRDC F4 offer arrive and drive packages for young drivers with weathly parents/backers but without the technical know-how.
Old 21 Oct 2013, 14:33 (Ref:3321057)   #59
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimRTC View Post
Not to mention that many of these series, like Ginetta Juniors and BRDC F4 offer arrive and drive packages for young drivers with weathly parents/backers but without the technical know-how.
I think the strength of the old mini junior formula was that you didn't need to have a lot of cash to compete and you could be quite hands on. You could buy a mini from a scrapyard and build a car in your shed with your dad/mates. (I've the engineering skills of a chimp but even I can fix a mini). It was a way for youngsters to develop practical skills that would actually help them get an automotive career - there are a lot more jobs in car prepping/engineering than driving. Sadly it didn't alway work like that with some parents chequebook racing and spending over five grand on on 998 mini engines...
Old 21 Oct 2013, 17:26 (Ref:3321174)   #60
Greg Cozier
Racer

Barbados
Barbados
Greg Cozier should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimRTC View Post
I certainly had a good day, perfect timing with the weather - heavens opened just ten minutes after the end of the last race.

Looking forward to the all-retro event at the end of November.
Where and when is the all-retro event happening?
Old 21 Oct 2013, 17:53 (Ref:3321190)   #61
AlamakiRX
Racer

AlamakiRX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Cozier View Post
Where and when is the all-retro event happening?
See link below to another thread...
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137827

This is not a retro event

It is the BTRDA 75th Anniversary Rallycross event, at Croft Circuit on Sunday 24th November, rest of info is on this link.
Old 22 Oct 2013, 10:00 (Ref:3321543)   #62
silver bullet
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I would just like to say thanks to all the organisers, officials, marshals, fellow competitors, spectators, recovery teams, and a BIG thank you to the wash teams, who were kept very busy both days cleaning some very dirty cars.
Brilliant weekend!!!!!

Also thanks to the Silver Bullet Rallycross Team, .. out in force for this one.

From my point of view everything went really well. The circuit held up amazingly well considering the weather.
We had a bit of trouble working out the format for Sunday , but we got there in the end

Personally I had and awesome day on Saturday. Second fastest in second heats, and fourth in the A final. I must try the three Weetabix diet again
Sunday, mixed fortunes 15th fastest in first heats, cocked it up with a spin in second, and a half decent run in thirds, (with a slipping clutch) qualified for the C final.
Unfortunately the clutch had given up the ghost and I couldn't take my place on the grid.
But what an experience lining up for one of the heats with Godfrey, Doran, Procter, Jobb, Mad Mark, Boak, & Bellerby. I had a big grin on my face in that one

More of the same next month for the 2wd meeting, bring it on.
Old 23 Oct 2013, 09:28 (Ref:3322079)   #63
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bit late, but here's sum of the action i managed to get from the GP, a great day out with sum great racing. the GP final is in part 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYNkMgDTQ2g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5rNd_ZOuiU
Old 24 Oct 2013, 18:31 (Ref:3322669)   #64
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great weekend of racing, liked the classes being mixed up for the GP though it seemed some drivers had front row starts in all their heats and Jos Jansen seemed to spend most of the day up against Suzuki's and Hot Hatches but he was still entertaining!

Shame Marklund retired early on the Sunday and bad luck for Manning. Not too much damage, lots of overtaking and no joker, the ERC could learn from this! Oh and it wasn't cold either though got a good soaking walking back to the car after the GP.

Well done to Kevin and look forward to my annual trip up North again next year.
Old 12 Nov 2013, 12:28 (Ref:3330360)   #65
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Forgive the thread resurrection, but I spotted this the other day and thought it was quite good. Onboard video with Kevin Procter from the GP final:

http://youtu.be/FHB4pJfqGg8