Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 21 Jul 2012, 03:00 (Ref:3109337)   #51
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
If there is a clause in the contract that says David isn't allowed to use his own personal social media sites, then there can be an issue.

If he signed a contract that said 'you may not use you're own personal social media', then he's a fool.

Got your point loud and clear I already answered the point before hand though
I'm sure he's allowed to use Twitter, but if he uses it irresponsibly, or in a manner that the reason he has a job (ie. the sponsor) does not approve of... Then no one could have an issue with that sponsor choosing to do with their money whatever they want (ie. removing it).

See Stephanie Rice for details...

Social media can be great, but it's not total open slather - one must conduct themselves in an appropriate manner, particularly when organisations pay inordinate sums of money for people to behave appropriately. Sponsors can choose whomever they wish to be aligned with...

Your example is not totally accurate in that yes, my Twitter/Facebook accounts are my own... However, I'm pretty sure I could use them to get myself fired quite easily - certainly, there are many instances of social media rants resulting in disciplinary action from employers.

There's no need to be sterile, but you need to have your wits about you when participating - especially if you have significant financial backing (which could quite rapidly be removed) and are in the public eye.

I could be way off base though... DR might even have it in his contract that he must vilify Dean Fiore and the homosexual community at every opportunity - who knows!?!?
Old 23 Jul 2012, 07:35 (Ref:3110159)   #52
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac View Post
I could be way off base though... DR might even have it in his contract that he must vilify Dean Fiore and the homosexual community at every opportunity - who knows!?!?
I didn't see a poblem with his comment (and i'm sure DF knows how to take a joke....)
Old 26 Jul 2012, 00:53 (Ref:3111461)   #53
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac View Post
I'm sure he's allowed to use Twitter, but if he uses it irresponsibly, or in a manner that the reason he has a job (ie. the sponsor) does not approve of... Then no one could have an issue with that sponsor choosing to do with their money whatever they want (ie. removing it).

See Stephanie Rice for details...

Social media can be great, but it's not total open slather - one must conduct themselves in an appropriate manner, particularly when organisations pay inordinate sums of money for people to behave appropriately. Sponsors can choose whomever they wish to be aligned with...

Your example is not totally accurate in that yes, my Twitter/Facebook accounts are my own... However, I'm pretty sure I could use them to get myself fired quite easily - certainly, there are many instances of social media rants resulting in disciplinary action from employers.

There's no need to be sterile, but you need to have your wits about you when participating - especially if you have significant financial backing (which could quite rapidly be removed) and are in the public eye.

Nailed it.

Basically if you say something offensive enough then your employer can sack you. The exact reasoning can vary, but essentially it comes down to a 'disrepute' clause that is standard in most workplace contracts.

"You must not do anything that will cause harm to the public image of the company".

If it's sexist, racist, homophobic or any type of vilification, and you can be identified as an employee of that company, then your actions can be considered reflective of the company.

They then have two courses of action:
  1. Termination of employment
  2. Non-termination sanctions (suspension with some kind of education program).

Look at the 2DayFM producer this week. Personal blog - was deemed offensive and suspended by his employer.

Came back, personal twitter account, made tasteless jokes about the Aurora massacre - they fired him. He was a behind-the-scenes producer, not a public figure.
Old 27 Jul 2012, 02:40 (Ref:3111911)   #54
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
im gay and love men.
good for you!

Fans want Motorsport people to have a personality rather than PR driven mouthpieces.

So they get a personality, and get criticised.

Can't win really can they?
Old 27 Jul 2012, 10:41 (Ref:3112025)   #55
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Fans want Motorsport people to have a personality
+1
Old 10 Nov 2012, 22:29 (Ref:3165011)   #56
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Nice, respectful, timely. Professional.

Some of these others could do with a tune up to even get close...
Old 10 Nov 2012, 22:51 (Ref:3165016)   #57
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Some of these others could do with a tune up to even get close...
Big difference between being a sponsor/manufacture/team and being a driver.
Old 10 Nov 2012, 23:12 (Ref:3165020)   #58
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
What's interesting is that almost the entirety of Holden's marketing department is women, including the executives and they do a very good job down there.
Old 12 Jan 2013, 20:39 (Ref:3188298)   #59
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While it's not V8SC. A sprint car driver has just found out big brother reads facebook!

http://www.speedcafe.com/2013/01/12/...facebook-post/

Even the crew members can't escape!
Old 12 Jan 2013, 21:29 (Ref:3188314)   #60
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They take it pretty seriously, to the point of mentioning it in the drivers' briefing.
Old 12 Jan 2013, 22:17 (Ref:3188327)   #61
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The MSA over here in Britain produced a set of Social Media Guidelines last year after a number of prominent rants on Twitter from a couple of BTCC drivers. They apply to all MSA registered people and associates - drivers, officials (volunteers too), team members, and so on. At least one BTCC driver received a fine, if I remember correctly.

It all boils down to being decent. Sort of "if you wouldn't say it face to face, don't type it".
Old 12 Jan 2013, 22:19 (Ref:3188328)   #62
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
It all boils down to being decent. Sort of "if you wouldn't say it face to face, don't type it".
Sounds like good advice for any forum poster too
Old 13 Jan 2013, 04:59 (Ref:3188418)   #63
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The times are a changing !!

http://www.speedcafe.com/2013/01/12/...facebook-post/
Old 13 Jan 2013, 05:21 (Ref:3188426)   #64
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
See Post #59 Reload
Old 13 Jan 2013, 05:30 (Ref:3188427)   #65
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumNick View Post
See Post #59 Reload
Sorry, i,m on delay
Old 22 Nov 2013, 23:00 (Ref:3335412)   #66
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Interesting to see that V8SC has apparently signed a content & advertising sales deal with #7's Yahoo7 group

It has you wondering whether that deal makes it more difficult to extricate V8SC from should the coverage rights end up at another network?
Old 22 Nov 2013, 23:33 (Ref:3335420)   #67
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Depends if the deal concludes at the same time as the TV one.
Old 23 Nov 2013, 00:37 (Ref:3335443)   #68
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Its not likely that the teev deal, if it goes to #9 for example, would be particularly pleased that the V8SC website is linked to #7 still

On a slightly different note, has anone checked out the rubbish that gets posted on the official V8SC FB page? They announced the singer of the national anthem at Homebush, and there are over 100 comments there saying how they wont be showing up or watching the show because of the choice.

Seriously?

Like what's wrong with these people?
Old 23 Nov 2013, 01:09 (Ref:3335459)   #69
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i reckon that yahoo 7 deal is a contra deal. build us a new website and you can have a content & advertising sales deal for our website
Old 23 Nov 2013, 01:25 (Ref:3335466)   #70
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Its not likely that the teev deal, if it goes to #9 for example, would be particularly pleased that the V8SC website is linked to #7 still

On a slightly different note, has anone checked out the rubbish that gets posted on the official V8SC FB page? They announced the singer of the national anthem at Homebush, and there are over 100 comments there saying how they wont be showing up or watching the show because of the choice.

Seriously?

Like what's wrong with these people?
It's the same morons week in, week out.

The other week, a fair-sized portion of them came to the conclusion that Holden and Triple Eight Race Engineering would somehow see massive benefits from Nick Percat taking the Xbox One-stickered COTF prototype, prepared by Matt Stone Racing, for a blat around Phillip Island. Even if the article behind the link they could've clicked, clearly indicated otherwise...

Old 23 Nov 2013, 02:18 (Ref:3335475)   #71
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Judging by qually just now, it didnt work too well for Mr Whincup!
Old 23 Nov 2013, 08:14 (Ref:3335565)   #72
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Judging by qually just now, it didnt work too well for Mr Whincup!
Percat's feedback might have helped his co-driver who won today?