Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 23 Sep 2014, 18:48 (Ref:3456964)   #401
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danathar View Post
There are rumors from somebody at ESM that the DP owners are whispering in the series ear that the Ligier needs to be slowed down for Petit as a result of how well they did at COTA lap time wise in qualifying.

Take it with a grain of salt. I have no confirmation of this.
I'm sure DP owners would do that. Hopefully IMSA does not listen to them this time as I think the Ligier did perform much stronger against the DP cars in race conditions than the Morgan or the HPD ARX 03 have done.
Old 23 Sep 2014, 19:39 (Ref:3456970)   #402
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Lol, "they're too fast". After one race weekend. Well thats what a new lmp2 coupe performs like, guys!
Old 23 Sep 2014, 20:13 (Ref:3456981)   #403
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Similar to how an open-top P2 on DP spec tires performed against the non-upgraded DP in a test (Conquest at Daytona, Nov 2012). Or how the open-top P2's would have performed against the upgraded DP's before getting restricted with DP spec tires.

The Ligier moved the goalposts, the same engine with the same CotA BoP/AoP was never a factor over the weekend in the hands of ESM. IMSA has no choice (in her own view) than to respond.

OAK should have waited until the Petit to bring out the Ligier. Dommage!
Old 23 Sep 2014, 21:15 (Ref:3456998)   #404
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Similar to how an open-top P2 on DP spec tires performed against the non-upgraded DP in a test (Conquest at Daytona, Nov 2012). Or how the open-top P2's would have performed against the upgraded DP's before getting restricted with DP spec tires.

The Ligier moved the goalposts, the same engine with the same CotA BoP/AoP was never a factor over the weekend in the hands of ESM. IMSA has no choice (in her own view) than to respond.

OAK should have waited until the Petit to bring out the Ligier. Dommage!
I don't think IMSA will make any changes to the Ligier for Petit, or Daytona for that matter. Last year the P2's had no chance at Daytona and this should at least get them within a shout. I could see however an adjustment later next year leaving the P2's at 940kg and reducing the power. Or messing with fuel capacities. The problem IMSA has is they still have 2 years to mess with the combined class. They could have found the perfect formula here at COTA but they will still mess with it - that is how bop works, constant tweaks.
Old 23 Sep 2014, 21:16 (Ref:3456999)   #405
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll just put this here....

http://www.autoextremist.com/fumes1/
Old 23 Sep 2014, 22:08 (Ref:3457008)   #406
Danske
Veteran

Danske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post

Yeah, why don't we have a race around the moon?
Old 23 Sep 2014, 22:20 (Ref:3457012)   #407
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I don't think IMSA will make any changes to the Ligier for Petit, or Daytona for that matter. Last year the P2's had no chance at Daytona and this should at least get them within a shout. I could see however an adjustment later next year leaving the P2's at 940kg and reducing the power. Or messing with fuel capacities. The problem IMSA has is they still have 2 years to mess with the combined class. They could have found the perfect formula here at COTA but they will still mess with it - that is how bop works, constant tweaks.
The perfect formula between the classes?

There's no such thing...
Old 24 Sep 2014, 07:06 (Ref:3457103)   #408
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post

This is troll-bait at best, so I'll bite ...

yet I'll be eating in private, thank you
Old 24 Sep 2014, 13:38 (Ref:3457188)   #409
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcz View Post
The perfect formula between the classes?

There's no such thing...
True, you may never get all the cars on exactly equal footing, but is that what you want? Spec series were created so all cars could be on equal footing. The extra power given to the P2's might just be what is needed to make them better at certain tracks, while retaining the advantage dp's have at others.
Old 25 Sep 2014, 01:38 (Ref:3457410)   #410
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
True, you may never get all the cars on exactly equal footing, but is that what you want? Spec series were created so all cars could be on equal footing. The extra power given to the P2's might just be what is needed to make them better at certain tracks, while retaining the advantage dp's have at others.
Personally, I agree that all cars should not be totally on an equal footing.
However, I think it is important that the best car be the one that is allowed a slight advantage. P2 machines are clearly the more sophisticated superior chassis design, yet their rather lumbering Daytona cousins have consistently been allowed a ridiculously large and totally artificial advantage.
I understand the economic reality of modern racing necessitate the need for some series BOP. It doesn't bother me greatly when a slower car is brought nearer it's faster competition through rules adjustments, but I do feel that it is EXTREMELY important that the lesser car never be boosted past the vehicle that is naturally faster.
Old 25 Sep 2014, 06:43 (Ref:3457445)   #411
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
That's all fine when the cars are built to the same rules, but they aren't, so calling one design 'lesser', is purely arbitrary.

The DPs might be less sophisticated, but the engineering minds that sat down to design them are any bit as good as the guys that came up with the P2s. It's like saying a painter is better than a sculptor, when in reality both are brilliant or mediocre or utter hacks, and the real difference are the tools and materials they have been given work with.
Old 25 Sep 2014, 11:34 (Ref:3457519)   #412
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thank you Speed-king. Good post.
Old 25 Sep 2014, 11:43 (Ref:3457523)   #413
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
That's all fine when the cars are built to the same rules, but they aren't, so calling one design 'lesser', is purely arbitrary.
Well, one design / spec was deliberately less hi-tech.
In other words, 'lesser'

(I'm sure the DPs get out everything of what they're allowed or used to be allowed pre-merger and your other statements regarding engineers, design etc. are true and I agree. The rules / designs-following-logically-from-the-rules though, to which these two cars have been designed, target different levels of technical ... state-of-the-art.)
Old 25 Sep 2014, 12:22 (Ref:3457532)   #414
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
http://racer.com/latest-stories/item...mericas-on-fox

You know while making any comparison to the rest of the season is utterly pointless because of the mass reach of FOX in comparison to FS1/FS2/web AND taking into account that the live reach for this race was pretty bad, that 1.1 million isn't too bad generally speaking... ALMS delayed on ABC usually got 0.3-0.6 rating
Old 25 Sep 2014, 14:14 (Ref:3457566)   #415
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So TUSC gets less than one-third of a Sprint Cup race and a third more than a nationwide race, even with a compressed highlights show, on a major cable sports network.

I wonder if the time slot makes up most of the difference.