Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Jul 2015, 02:22 (Ref:3556898)   #276
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Does Craig Lowndes stay with Maranello or will T8 get involved and want their own drivers in it ?
What were they potentially going to run this year until the date clash? Wouldn't mind betting Mr Dane might want to enter "something", and would assume he would want his star drivers in that car pending Pro/Am reg compliance
Old 9 Jul 2015, 02:31 (Ref:3556899)   #277
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
What were they potentially going to run this year until the date clash? Wouldn't mind betting Mr Dane might want to enter "something", and would assume he would want his star drivers in that car pending Pro/Am reg compliance
Mr dane wont be entering anything, he may however run a car on someones behalf.

But here is the question, do you really want him there. Because when he comes the gentleman racers/owners are in trouble
Old 9 Jul 2015, 02:55 (Ref:3556903)   #278
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Dane didn't give much away on the potential entry and said that it was an International factory effort.
Old 9 Jul 2015, 02:56 (Ref:3556904)   #279
old fart
Racer

Australia
a racetrack -wish it was Mt Panorama.
old fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridold fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
repeat this is a 12 hour thread, lets discuss it and not v8 supercars
You must have been watching Bill Shorten given evidence at the Royal Commission-if it does not benefit you simply wash over it.

The 12 hour will continue to refine whilst Yeehah own it, remaining true to its long stated aim of looking after competitors, officials, volunteers and the general public, not all of whom may prefer a particular type/category of racing nor necessarily be followers.

The last thing we need is the sport being controlled by less and less promoters, heck we have problems enough with CAMS already with F4(am I able to mention F4 or is it 'off topic' too?).
Old 9 Jul 2015, 03:17 (Ref:3556906)   #280
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by old fart View Post
The 12 hour will continue to refine whilst Yeehah own it, remaining true to its long stated aim of looking after competitors, officials, volunteers and the general public, not all of whom may prefer a particular type/category of racing nor necessarily be followers.
To be clear Yeehah are potentially looking at selling the promotion rights or maybe the series.

So what you say is lovely and nice and pretty and smells like roses, but but in the real world something is likely changing.

and because you are not putting in an offer or willing to stump up the cash to make the event happen and keep it the way merrily rolling along, then someone else will and it may very well be v8 supercars
Old 9 Jul 2015, 05:49 (Ref:3556917)   #281
old fart
Racer

Australia
old fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridold fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
To be clear Yeehah are potentially looking at selling the promotion rights or maybe the series.

So what you say is lovely and nice and pretty and smells like roses, but but in the real world something is likely changing.

and because you are not putting in an offer or willing to stump up the cash to make the event happen and keep it the way merrily rolling along, then someone else will and it may very well be v8 supercars
How do you know that I haven't made an offer or in fact been involved in team ownership over the years ?.
A recent talk with SO was most interesting and revealing but then you probably know that already.
Old 9 Jul 2015, 05:54 (Ref:3556918)   #282
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
How do you know that I haven't made an offer or in fact been involved in team ownership over the years ?.
A recent talk with SO was most interesting and revealing but then you probably know that already.
Lets hope you have put in an offer, but I think we both know the answer to that
Old 9 Jul 2015, 06:44 (Ref:3556923)   #283
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Pecky do you realise that the b12 hr isn't a series? It's a standalone event? (Well plus the BMF)

Hopefully someone at CAMS ( doubtful), liqui moli, Quinn's etc can get in Obriens ear about this. To have promoter controlling the majority doesn't do anyone any favours - in particular teams or fans
Old 9 Jul 2015, 07:34 (Ref:3556928)   #284
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Pecky do you realise that the b12 hr isn't a series? It's a standalone event? (Well plus the BMF)

Hopefully someone at CAMS ( doubtful), liqui moli, Quinn's etc can get in Obriens ear about this. To have promoter controlling the majority doesn't do anyone any favours - in particular teams or fans
yeah i do,typo, sorry! sometimes i confuse the two though, you will notice i used the correct term further on in the same post, V8 Supercars Series GT3 series, Bathurst 1000 event Bathurst 12 hour event. Hopefully you can work it out . Just like i worked out you meant Liqui Moly.

On that subject why would they want to get in obriens (hopefully you can work it out without the capital or the apostrophe) ear about this. They're a sponsor and they come and go.

Have you considered taking it over, You seem to have some serious opinions about it.
Old 9 Jul 2015, 08:15 (Ref:3556935)   #285
old fart
Racer

Australia
Quote:
yeah i do,typo, sorry! sometimes i confuse the two though, you will notice i used the correct term further on in the same post, V8 Supercars Series GT3 series, Bathurst 1000 event Bathurst 12 hour event. Hopefully you can work it out . Just like i worked out you meant Liqui Moly.

On that subject why would they want to get in obriens (hopefully you can work it out without the capital or the apostrophe) ear about this. They're a sponsor and they come and go.

Have you considered taking it over, You seem to have some serious opinions about it.
Should we spill the beans Reload?
Old 9 Jul 2015, 08:18 (Ref:3556936)   #286
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Should we spill the beans Reload?
No
Old 9 Jul 2015, 11:54 (Ref:3556972)   #287
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafe! View Post
Now that is out of the way ive been thinking about the potential impacts this move might have.

At the moment the only positives I can think of is the definite participation by some of Australia's best drivers and engineers. Possible inclusions of local teams like 888 and HRT, Kelly racing etc running gt3 machinery...which will lift the bar and make for some spectacular racing with overseas teams but atm that's about it.

With v8supercars running the show you are guaranteed an increased crowd of bogans on and around the mountain.

Ticket prices will go up, what is an affordable event with a great atmosphere will become a very expensive weekend for everyone.

But what about entrant prices etc, I can see V8supercars jacking up the prices for competitors making it more of a logistical hurdle for overseas teams.

The cynic in me who has seen the v8supercars publically try and screw the event last year at all costs now buying the event in order to control just how big it gets. You can bet every dollar you have that they don't want it to make the 1000 look any worse then it already does and I fear they are going to try in the most sinister of ways to hold the event back while publically looking like they are doing everything they can for the event.

I've been thinking about this the last few days, and I have to admit that I wasn't able to come up with as many positives as you have nafe.

Looking at it from another perspective, what does V8s get out of promoting the event? I haven't been able to get past controlling the competition, and therefore making sure that their product doesn't get overshadowed. Which does tend to suggest that V8s still see the 12hr as a threat to their brand. Any other thoughts?
Old 9 Jul 2015, 12:03 (Ref:3556974)   #288
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
I've been thinking about this the last few days, and I have to admit that I wasn't able to come up with as many positives as you have nafe.

Looking at it from another perspective, what does V8s get out of promoting the event? I haven't been able to get past controlling the competition, and therefore making sure that their product doesn't get overshadowed. Which does tend to suggest that V8s still see the 12hr as a threat to their brand. Any other thoughts?
Wouldnt they get a share of profits? with the rest going yeehah and any other key shareholders

The whole argument of jacking up prices is poorly thought out. If you jack up prices people stop coming, Thats not a good investment. Maybe one day when the place is full you can push up prices which controls crowd sized but until then its makes no sense

Last edited by peckstar; 9 Jul 2015 at 12:09.
Old 9 Jul 2015, 23:44 (Ref:3557144)   #289
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
Agree with all your points raised.
We've all seen V8SC's track record, and how they deal with what they perceive as competition. Maybe if they just improved their own product, instead of dumping on every one else's parade, motorsport would be better off in this country.
The only motivation from V8SC purchase is to control the event and position it to not threaten the V8 category and the Bathurst 1000.

Their actions since the companies inception has shown to be anti competitive and has never shown an interest in developing motorsport.

Im keen on Australia's best drivers participating in a pro - am format however I am not that keen on the teams such HRT, FPR etc getting involved. I enjoy seeing the likes of Maranello, Quinn's, MPC etc build in stature, resources and race competitively with the likes of M-Sport, Pheonix, Nissan.

This is the DNA of the event and I would very much hate to lose this.
Old 10 Jul 2015, 00:32 (Ref:3557158)   #290
Hingo
Racer

Australia
Canberra
Hingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am very worried about the potential V8SC involvement. James Warburton has a crush and destroy Bernie Ecclestone vibe and I have a hard time believing much good will come of it. I also have my doubts that V8SC will accept having the v8s play second fiddle if they are both on the same weekend.

Positives are harder to find. I really hope Yeehaa rethink any involvement with V8SC and focus on the great progress they are making. As long as the international attention is there, drivers will want to come and race. If V8sc keep trying to block local drivers from taking part, there will only be the same backlash they faced this year which looks far worse for V8scs reputation than B12H.
Old 10 Jul 2015, 00:48 (Ref:3557160)   #291
bathurst
Racer

Australia
sydney
bathurst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hingo View Post
I am very worried about the potential V8SC involvement. James Warburton has a crush and destroy Bernie Ecclestone vibe and I have a hard time believing much good will come of it. I also have my doubts that V8SC will accept having the v8s play second fiddle if they are both on the same weekend.

Positives are harder to find. I really hope Yeehaa rethink any involvement with V8SC and focus on the great progress they are making. As long as the international attention is there, drivers will want to come and race. If V8sc keep trying to block local drivers from taking part, there will only be the same backlash they faced this year which looks far worse for V8scs reputation than B12H.
Ditto, Hingo
Old 10 Jul 2015, 08:55 (Ref:3557240)   #292
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The worst thing about this is that if VESA get involved i'll have to put my campsites up for auction.... will I make a profit or will the market be flooded by those doing the same??
Old 10 Jul 2015, 09:35 (Ref:3557253)   #293
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
The worst thing about this is that if VESA get involved i'll have to put my campsites up for auction.... will I make a profit or will the market be flooded by those doing the same??
you hate V8SC that much that even though everything else will be the same you wouldnt go?
Old 11 Jul 2015, 03:17 (Ref:3557447)   #294
Reload
Veteran

Australia

Our resident Ten-Tenther scud Lago has had a huge crash in his Carrera Cup Porsche today. They haven't shown the initial impact, however it appeared as if he was knocked out until after the car came to a stop.He was assisted from the car by the medical crew and a neck brace was put on and he looked fairly shaken and was limping. Reports are that he's pretty much okay which is great news.
Old 11 Jul 2015, 04:48 (Ref:3557461)   #295
velly4
Racer

Australia
velly4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
you hate V8SC that much that even though everything else will be the same you wouldnt go?
He won't be the only one. I grew up up Bathurst so have seen first hand what V8SC done to the 1000 every year over the last 20+ years. If they become involved in the 12hr they will destroy the current enjoyment and freedems we have at the 12hr.

I know which of the 2 crowds I prefer to be part of.
Old 11 Jul 2015, 05:21 (Ref:3557464)   #296
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by velly4 View Post
He won't be the only one. I grew up up Bathurst so have seen first hand what V8SC done to the 1000 every year over the last 20+ years. If they become involved in the 12hr they will destroy the current enjoyment and freedems we have at the 12hr.

I know which of the 2 crowds I prefer to be part of.
like what?
Alcohol reductions? and having to pay for camping? thats about all i can see that has changed. Maybe the ability to burn couches. significant reduction in ferals also.
Old 11 Jul 2015, 06:02 (Ref:3557470)   #297
velly4
Racer

Australia
The fact you answered like what shows how little you know how much it has changed
Old 11 Jul 2015, 07:18 (Ref:3557479)   #298
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
The fact you answered like what shows how little you know how much it has changed
the fact that you didnt come up with any other answers shows you how little has changed.

I guess there is a new pit building and big hotel. and the resurface and the new marshalls boxes. all the new spectator mounds.
Old 11 Jul 2015, 11:11 (Ref:3557525)   #299
velly4
Racer

Australia
Sorry some of us have busy lives and phones don't make ot easy to write long responses.
One of the main things that they done was rip so much money out of the local community to line their own pockets.
Banning local sports clubs from running food stands etc. So many local businesses suffered big time with the alcohol restrictions.
I can keep going but I don't need to justify jack **** too you
Old 11 Jul 2015, 11:21 (Ref:3557526)   #300
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Sorry some of us have busy lives and phones don't make ot easy to write long responses.
One of the main things that they done was rip so much money out of the local community to line their own pockets.
Banning local sports clubs from running food stands etc. So many local businesses suffered big time with the alcohol restrictions.
I can keep going but I don't need to justify jack **** too you
thats kind of sounds fair, but im going to the same local soccer club to get my steak sandwich at the 1000 that i have for 30 years. It was closed at the 12 hour.
When i went to the 12 hour (2014) there was 3 places to buy food (ok plus the hotel), none appeared to be local sports clubs (might be wrong about the guy at the top of the mountain who appears to be the same as at the 1000)