Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Sep 2015, 09:58 (Ref:3571505)   #26
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quite apart from whether he could be in good enough physical shape to effectively race, we've seen some big shunts at all of the tracks we're coming up to, and one of the things that has to be taken into account is the risk of another crash.

I've cracked ribs and torn rib cartilage (no punctured lung) and it feels like bloody forever before you can even pick up normal objects, sometimes even tying your shoe you feel it. Chucking a race car over the top is a big ask, but James is in peak physical shape and will have the best possible care.
Old 5 Sep 2015, 21:41 (Ref:3571643)   #27
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
What is the world coming to, chemists calling themselves doctors?
You can tell I'm not a real Doctor.

I gave you my opinion for free......
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 7 Sep 2015, 01:04 (Ref:3572022)   #28
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Broken ribs take a long time to repair. A punctured lung even more. So JC racing at the Mountain?

Nope.
Old 7 Sep 2015, 06:10 (Ref:3572081)   #29
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Broken ribs take a long time to repair. A punctured lung even more. So JC racing at the Mountain?

Nope.
While Scudd & Mr Weeks are similarly afflicted...
Old 7 Sep 2015, 07:39 (Ref:3572104)   #30
scudd
Racer

scudd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi lads, I don't normally check this area of the forum but was curious about the conversation in relation to Courtney. He only broke 2 ribs, what an amateur, I broke 6.
It's been just over 8 weeks since my crash and my ribs are still a bit sore, so I doubt Courtney will be able to drive a car for a while yet.
And Kevin could of asked me what it felt like rather than making a mess of himself and the gt40.
Old 7 Sep 2015, 09:16 (Ref:3572131)   #31
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
JC has twittered that the hole has closed up, but he has 5 broken ribs not 2.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 8 Sep 2015, 04:16 (Ref:3572345)   #32
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
BATHURST RETURN HOPES DIP FOR INJURED COURTNEY

Quote:
V8 Supercars star James Courtney faces the prospect of an extended period on the sidelines following news that the injury he sustained at Sydney Motorsport Park is worse than previously thought.
Old 9 Sep 2015, 00:41 (Ref:3572592)   #33
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've never been a Courtney fan but this is a tragic and silly accident and hopefully he will recover in full by the end of the season.
Old 10 Sep 2015, 21:58 (Ref:3573013)   #34
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Courtney eyes Bathurst

Quote:
James Courtney has not given up hope of a V8 Supercars return at next month’s Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000.
Old 11 Sep 2015, 00:46 (Ref:3573043)   #35
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
HRT backs Courtney for Bathurst

Quote:
The Holden Racing Team has this morning released an update on James Courtney's condition, stating "if all goes to plan the current medical advice suggests no reason why James won’t be taking his place on the grid at Bathurst".
Old 11 Sep 2015, 06:09 (Ref:3573103)   #36
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wouldnt be asking Mr Ingall for his race suit back just yet..
Old 12 Sep 2015, 06:09 (Ref:3573321)   #37
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know why there is any conjecture about him competing, it won't happen. Five broken ribs less than a month out, anyone who has had even one broken rib will tell you that his chances are zero.
Old 12 Sep 2015, 10:19 (Ref:3573350)   #38
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I don't know why there is any conjecture about him competing, it won't happen. Five broken ribs less than a month out, anyone who has had even one broken rib will tell you that his chances are zero.
Presumably the HRT spindoctoring is to keep the spirits of the pilot up..
Old 12 Sep 2015, 10:23 (Ref:3573352)   #39
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He won't be back in a race car this year, if he tries he will wish he hadn't
Old 14 Sep 2015, 00:10 (Ref:3573689)   #40
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gotta agree, we wont see him at Bathurst.

HRT would be pleased that Ingall/Perkins were so competitve.
But I hope Bathurst telecast doesn't revolve totally around what Ingall and Car #22 is doing. Sandown was a little too much.
Old 14 Sep 2015, 06:07 (Ref:3573734)   #41
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post

But I hope Bathurst telecast doesn't revolve totally around what Ingall and Car #22 is doing. Sandown was a little too much.
No different to the blatant Skaife-following when he paired with Murph and later with Lowndes.
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 14 Sep 2015, 06:12 (Ref:3573735)   #42
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
No different to the blatant Skaife-following when he paired with Murph and later with Lowndes.
Or Ambrose earlier this year.
Old 16 Sep 2015, 07:43 (Ref:3574183)   #43
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Is this the real reason HRT are keeping everyone's hopes up about Mr Courtney's attendance.. A Monster Energy promotion...
Old 21 Sep 2015, 00:30 (Ref:3575571)   #44
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He looks like he's been hit in the ribs in that shot!!