Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 30 Apr 2017, 18:51 (Ref:3730166)   #1601
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Because I am Johnny-on-the-Ball with my finger on the pulse I have discovered that Rebellion's UK workshop is a couple of miles away from the office I have work in for the last 10yrs. I only realised because I saw their race trucks parked outside it whilst looking out of the train window.
Spotted similar on train from somewhere in Portsmouth area (long story) up to Waterloo - gazing idly out of carriage window peripheral vision captured glimpse of their unmistakable livery. I smiled at the recognition in a way I suspect you did too.
Old 30 May 2017, 18:40 (Ref:3737461)   #1602
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, old news now actually, but it hasn't been mentioned here. The Rebellion LMP will feature a "danish" engine from Zenvo. (The article wrongly claims it to be a LMP2 engine)
http://www.motormagasinet.dk/article...illionoverskud (Danish Article)
https://www.rebellion-timepieces.com...ive-c1-a63.php
Old 30 May 2017, 20:36 (Ref:3737490)   #1603
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i thought it was using a standard nissan engine
Old 30 May 2017, 20:39 (Ref:3737491)   #1604
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They are talking about the future LMP, most likely LMP1, but wrongly stated as LMP2.
Old 30 May 2017, 20:47 (Ref:3737493)   #1605
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
They are talking about the future LMP, most likely LMP1, but wrongly stated as LMP2.
that makes more sense
Old 30 May 2017, 20:48 (Ref:3737494)   #1606
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
That Zenvo looks great.
Old 30 May 2017, 20:55 (Ref:3737495)   #1607
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Well, old news now actually, but it hasn't been mentioned here. The Rebellion LMP will feature a "danish" engine from Zenvo. (The article wrongly claims it to be a LMP2 engine)
http://www.motormagasinet.dk/article...illionoverskud (Danish Article)
https://www.rebellion-timepieces.com...ive-c1-a63.php
The Zenvo ST1 has a Chevy bases engine, then the LMP1 engine: Will it be a chevy-based engine or an entirely new one?
Old 30 May 2017, 21:04 (Ref:3737498)   #1608
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
The Zenvo ST1 has a Chevy bases engine, then the LMP1 engine: Will it be a chevy-based engine or an entirely new one?
Hard to say!
I seriously doubt that they have the know-how to engineer and construct a brand new block. So it will very likely be based on another engine. Whether it is the Chevy block as the ST1 uses is not stated.
Old 31 May 2017, 06:37 (Ref:3737564)   #1609
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I imagine it'll just be badge engineering. Whether or not it it's actually a Chevy or what, who knows.

Odd article though isn't it? It's a bit early to start declaring engines for Rebellions return to LMP1 I'd have thought.
Old 31 May 2017, 08:59 (Ref:3737591)   #1610
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
zenvo st1 6.8L engine is basically a turbocharged destroked ls7 or enlarged ls3. A GM involment is quite unlikely.
To me, they will stick to lmp2 for a while and just will use zenvo stickers on the car...
Old 31 May 2017, 09:47 (Ref:3737604)   #1611
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I imagine it'll just be badge engineering. Whether or not it it's actually a Chevy or what, who knows.

Odd article though isn't it? It's a bit early to start declaring engines for Rebellions return to LMP1 I'd have thought.
Can you badge-engineer in the new LMP2 regs?
Old 31 May 2017, 10:16 (Ref:3737618)   #1612
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
You can with the chassis right (Alpine)? It'd be weird if you couldn't do it with the engine as well.
Old 31 May 2017, 11:00 (Ref:3737647)   #1613
mariantic
Racer

Scotland
Scotland
mariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
It was the ACO intention
“Being able to put different names on the engines can help teams to find partners and that’s where we are heading,” Beaumesnil told Endurance-Info"

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/n...2-spec-engine/

Mariantic
Old 31 May 2017, 11:03 (Ref:3737649)   #1614
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That changes depending on what day of the week it is. The only reason Alpine is allowed branding is they technically have not built any cars yet. After that they're meant to be removing branding. So allowing zenvo to brand an LMP2 engine or chassis is against what they've said before.

I wish they'd just come up with a stance to stick to.
Old 31 May 2017, 12:26 (Ref:3737673)   #1615
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I wish they'd just come up with a stance to stick to.
They do have a stance they stick to very rigidly though - if it's French it's allowed...
Old 31 May 2017, 13:30 (Ref:3737693)   #1616
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
They have always been very consistent on that rule, while all others are open to debate
Old 31 May 2017, 16:16 (Ref:3737747)   #1617
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wasn't rebellion the same team that used to have giant "lotus" stick on their lolas while using TMG engines?
Old 31 May 2017, 16:49 (Ref:3737753)   #1618
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
wasn't rebellion the same team that used to have giant "lotus" stick on their lolas while using TMG engines?
Yeah but that was P1. You can do anything you want with P1. Even old P2, you could do whatever you wanted. But it's been discussed lots of times that with 2017 P2 you cannot have manufacturer involvement and cannot brand the chassis or engine. And then Alpine had a quiet word in a Frenchmans ear and it was decided that Alpine aren't technically a car brand, because they haven't actually made a car yet, so they can do what they want.
Old 31 May 2017, 17:26 (Ref:3737768)   #1619
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah but that was P1. You can do anything you want with P1. Even old P2, you could do whatever you wanted. But it's been discussed lots of times that with 2017 P2 you cannot have manufacturer involvement and cannot brand the chassis or engine. And then Alpine had a quiet word in a Frenchmans ear and it was decided that Alpine aren't technically a car brand, because they haven't actually made a car yet, so they can do what they want.
So Alpine can do it because they aren't actually a road car manufacturer?
So any other non-car manufacturer could potentially do he same thing?
Old 31 May 2017, 17:35 (Ref:3737769)   #1620
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
In theory, given what Alpine are doing, yeah. But I imagine it's got more to do with the flag that Alpine flies. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Alpine does finally sell some cars. I think they're selling them in 2018, so this should be the last year of Alpine branding in LMP2.
Old 31 May 2017, 17:36 (Ref:3737770)   #1621
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
zenvo st1 6.8L engine is basically a turbocharged destroked ls7 or enlarged ls3. A GM involment is quite unlikely.
To me, they will stick to lmp2 for a while and just will use zenvo stickers on the car...
Zenvo's website says they now use a twin turbocharged, 5.8L flat plane crank 90* V8. Originally the car supposedly used an LS7 block, but the only manufacturer I could think of that they would be using is the Ford Voodoo 5.2L.
Old 31 May 2017, 19:29 (Ref:3737799)   #1622
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
No more Alpine in p2 next year. So will they disappear or move to branding on lmp1? What does this do to Rebellion and Zenvo if they want to rebadge as Zenvo makes cars? And I haven't read this Zenvo/Rebellion engine or lmp1 connection anywhere else, plus the story on the site linked earlier requires a membership.

edit- on Zenvo's site they say engineering partnership, but no details http://www.zenvoautomotive.com/en/news/55
Old 31 May 2017, 19:48 (Ref:3737806)   #1623
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
An engineering partnership with no details raises eyebrows since there's very little Rebellion can do with a P2 car that'd require external input. I also couldn't find it anywhere, and I haven't seen an announcement from Rebellion that they're moving back to P1, so not sure what this is beyond a simple sponsorship agreement.
Old 31 May 2017, 21:05 (Ref:3737823)   #1624
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote from the Article:
Quote:
Troels Vollertsen, der er bestyrelsesmedlem, og ikke mindst en af grundlæggende af Zenvo, sætter lidt flere ord på:

- Det er ingen hemmelighed, at vi så småt går i gang med udviklingen af en ny model og hertil en ny motor. Jeg håber og forventer, at samarbejdet med Rebellion kaster masser af lærerig viden af sig, ikke mindst i forhold til at konstruere en ny motor. Noget der er temmelig komplekst, fortæller Troels Vollertsen til Motor-magasinet.
Translated:
Quote:
Troels Vollertsen, board member and co-founder of Zenvo, puts a few more words on it:

- It is no secret, that we are starting development of a new model and a new engine. I hope and expect, that the collaboration with Rebellion will give us a lot of useful knowledge, especially when it comes to constructing a new engine. Something that is fairly complex, Troels Vollertsen told Motor-magasinet
He continuous:
Quote:
- Jeg havde aldrig i mit liv troet, jeg skulle få chancen for at udvikle og være med til at bygge en Le Mans-motor. Det stiller enorme udfordringer til en som ingeniør og motorbygger i forhold til kræfter, pålidelighed og brændstofforbrug. Det er intet mindre end en fantastisk mulighed.
Translated:
Quote:
- I had never in my life believed, that I should get the chance to develop and be apart of building a Le Mans-engine. It sets forth massive challenges as an engineer and engine builder when it comes to power, reliability and fuel consumption. It is nothing less than a fantastic opportunity!
Old 31 May 2017, 21:07 (Ref:3737824)   #1625
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Maybe this is not an engineering partnership at all but a pure sponsorship deal.