Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 Nov 2018, 09:15 (Ref:3861767)   #1176
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
I believe the original intention of a minimum 4.4m length was to have more saloon type cars racing under NGTC. But with the interest of Honda to run the British made Civic hatchbacks and so on, that seems to have gone out the window.
The original NGTC Build Guide that accompanied the launch of the regulations (from when the Toyota was demo'd) said this:

A Constructor may make application to the Administrator to Homologate a car, solely for use within the BTCC subject to:
It being from a model with a production minima of 2,500 cars
It being from a family with a production minima of 15,000 cars
The engine has a production minima of 2,500 from the manufacturers family of marques.
The production minima of the engine, the model and the family must normally have been achieved prior to the final race of the Championship in its first full season or the homologation may be invalidated.
The family and model being freely on sale in the UK through the manufacturers normal dealer network.
The Administrator may consider applications for cars very close to, but below, the nominal minimum length of 4.4m

If someone was to homologate a Mini today, they would be looking at the following lengths (trim-dependent):

Convertible 3.874m
Hatchback 4.005m
Countryman 4.109m
Clubman 4.253m
Countryman SUV 4.299m

so perhaps a Mini might be the first SUV on the grid?
Old 8 Nov 2018, 10:02 (Ref:3861775)   #1177
S700UBO
Racer

Scotland
Inverness
S700UBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Volkswagen CC - Team HARD - Mike BUSHELL
Volkswagen CC - Team HARD - Bobby Thompson
Volkswagen CC - Team HARD - Carl Boardley
Volkswagen CC - Team HARD - ??????

Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - Matt Neal ??
Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - ????

Honda Civic - BTC Norlin - ????
Honda Civic - BTC Norlin - ????

Honda Civic - Simpson Racing - Matt Simpson

Honda Civic - AMD - ????????
Honda Civic - AMD - ????????

MG - Excelr8 Motorsport - ???
MG - Excelr8 Motorsport - ???

Vauxhall Astra - PMR - ?????
Vauxhall Astra - PMR - ?????

BMW 125 - WSR - ??????
BMW 125 - WSR - ??????
BMW 125 - WSR - ??????

Ford Focus - Motorbase - Tom Chilton ??
Ford Focus - Motorbase - ?????
Ford Focus - Motorbase - ?????

Toyota Avensis - Speedworks - Tom Ingram ????

Audi S3 - Trade Price Cars Racing - ???????
Audi S3 - Trade Price Cars Racing - ???????

Alfa RomeO Giulietta - HMS - Rob Austin ????

Mercedes A - Ciceley - Adam Morgan ??
Mercedes A - Ciceley - ?????

Mercedes A - Laser Tools - Aidan Moffat ????
Also am i missing something with only 28cars listed?
Old 8 Nov 2018, 10:23 (Ref:3861776)   #1178
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Jelley/Parker BMW isn’t on the list, neither are the 3 Subarus, that’s the missing 4...
Old 8 Nov 2018, 10:26 (Ref:3861778)   #1179
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I think the road saloons produced now are just too big (in general). This obviously has a knock on effect to what the BTCC can run. One recent exception is the A3 saloon which I think is a fantastically proportioned road car, which makes a nice looking race car too. It’s a shame that all the drive for the road car industry now is towards MVPs and people movers. I personally think that the BTCC should allow 2 door coupes.
Old 8 Nov 2018, 10:28 (Ref:3861779)   #1180
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
The Jelley/Parker BMW isn’t on the list, neither are the 3 Subarus, that’s the missing 4...
BMR have this financial issues rumors and Team Parker I am not sure if they will be back given their very poor season

the list is it's very early stages still
Old 8 Nov 2018, 10:38 (Ref:3861781)   #1181
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
BMR have this financial issues rumors and Team Parker I am not sure if they will be back given their very poor season

List should really just be heavily rumoured or confirmed teams/drivers only. That list could be completely wrong!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 8 Nov 2018, 10:49 (Ref:3861783)   #1182
porsche962fan
Veteran

that's why the question marks for the non confimed but heavely rumored entries

at this point we do have many teams and cars confimed but no drivers
Old 8 Nov 2018, 11:14 (Ref:3861786)   #1183
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Oh yeah, I agree. I’m not suggesting BMR will be back just saying who we THINK is missing from the list going on what was there last year.

I don’t think we’ll see 32 cars on the grid this year, I think we’ll be lucky to see 30.
Old 8 Nov 2018, 12:54 (Ref:3861795)   #1184
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S700UBO View Post
Also am i missing something with only 28cars listed?
Not unless you know how big the grid will be for 2019, and what the other cars will be.

I guess there could be 4 lines of ??????s

Or could it be a step towards Alan Gow's target of a 26-car grid?
Old 8 Nov 2018, 15:56 (Ref:3861822)   #1185
Ant25
Racer

Ant25 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where do you think Jordan will end up... his two year deal with bmw ended not long ago... I think he will be in a Honda again!
Old 8 Nov 2018, 16:01 (Ref:3861823)   #1186
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I personally think that the BTCC should allow 2 door coupes.
Toyota 86 qualifies for Super 2000 touring cars... It would be an interesting choice for BTCC.

Old 8 Nov 2018, 17:14 (Ref:3861836)   #1187
Racer65
Racer

Racer65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant25 View Post
Where do you think Jordan will end up... his two year deal with bmw ended not long ago... I think he will be in a Honda again!
What deal with BMW? He didn't have one with them as far as I know.
Old 8 Nov 2018, 17:34 (Ref:3861843)   #1188
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer65 View Post
What deal with BMW? He didn't have one with them as far as I know.
of course he has. he's one of the three manufacturer backed bmw entries.
even bmw's own website refers to his car as 'BMW Pirtek Racing'.

https://www.bmw.co.uk/discover-bmw/b...mpionship#gref
Old 8 Nov 2018, 18:14 (Ref:3861848)   #1189
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Just had a proper read on BMR at Companies House.

The strike off is temporarily suspended, not discontinued this time. So there is a small timeframe to comply otherwise the suspension will be lifted.

The accounts to December 2016 have been submitted. They're grim is my assessment. No assets to speak of and a lot of money owed down the line.

One assumes (possibly wrongly) that things didn't improve in 2017 or indeed 2018. Assumption is of course dangerous, but as no significant new sponsorship appeared on the cars and number of cars being run reduced and Mountune allegedly didn't receive monies owed in a timely and agreed manner I think it is a reasonable assumption things haven't improved.

That Ash isn't running around in the Subaru road car might suggest the Subaru backing has ended after it's three years and isn't being extended. Or maybe it's broke and he's in a rent a car... Subaru road cars have excellent reliability records though!
Old 8 Nov 2018, 18:44 (Ref:3861852)   #1190
porsche962fan
Veteran

regarding the Plato back in FWD thing mentioned by Harvey

my 2 bets are

- PMR
- 2nd Speedworks Toyota

and outcide chance in a private Civic
Old 8 Nov 2018, 20:18 (Ref:3861861)   #1191
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
regarding the Plato back in FWD thing mentioned by Harvey

my 2 bets are

- PMR
- 2nd Speedworks Toyota

and outcide chance in a private Civic
PMR must be the more likely of those surely? I can't see him wanting to be number 2 behind Ingram at Speedworks - he's not exactly "Mr Team Player" is he?
Old 8 Nov 2018, 20:49 (Ref:3861871)   #1192
Racer65
Racer

Racer65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
of course he has. he's one of the three manufacturer backed bmw entries.
even bmw's own website refers to his car as 'BMW Pirtek Racing'.
Yes but that doesn't mean he is employed directly via BMW to the exclusion of any other scenario which was what I was getting at. I don't think of the drivers as BMW drivers rather than WSR drivers.
Old 8 Nov 2018, 21:15 (Ref:3861873)   #1193
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
That Ash isn't running around in the Subaru road car might suggest the Subaru backing has ended after it's three years and isn't being extended. Or maybe it's broke and he's in a rent a car... Subaru road cars have excellent reliability records though!
Or maybe it's that he was doing a job where he was standing in for Andrew Jordan.
Old 8 Nov 2018, 21:26 (Ref:3861874)   #1194
Petoli
Racer

United Kingdom
Petoli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Or maybe it's that he was doing a job where he was standing in for Andrew Jordan.
Or maybe he just wanted a BMW
Old 8 Nov 2018, 21:27 (Ref:3861875)   #1195
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I wish more teams would give us hints on what they are planning for next season
Old 8 Nov 2018, 22:06 (Ref:3861879)   #1196
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
How about a Jason Plato in a Toyota Prius rumour?

Or forget Plato but think Prius. It's a super slippery low drag shape. It's OK size wise. Bang the TOCA lump in, Bob's your Aunty, will be fast on the straight bits.

Just another crack pot idea from a diseased mind!
Old 9 Nov 2018, 07:16 (Ref:3861922)   #1197
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about Plato in the ex-Parker BMW?
Old 9 Nov 2018, 07:41 (Ref:3861926)   #1198
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLiTZ View Post
What about Plato in the ex-Parker BMW?
The BMW is one, if not the, best car in BTCC. Even with TOCA nobbling it. Goes against the popular FWD rumour, but JP was awfully convinced RWD is the way to be. Maybe RWD is his future, but in the proven BMW?
Old 9 Nov 2018, 07:55 (Ref:3861928)   #1199
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
The BMW is one, if not the, best car in BTCC. Even with TOCA nobbling it. Goes against the popular FWD rumour, but JP was awfully convinced RWD is the way to be. Maybe RWD is his future, but in the proven BMW?
If that's the case then next year will be his last chance, as the next BMW 1 Series will be front wheel drive.
Old 9 Nov 2018, 08:24 (Ref:3861931)   #1200
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Plato in a BMW would be very interesting and I wouldn't completely rule it out