Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 17 Oct 2019, 11:19 (Ref:3935158)   #651
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://bit.ly/35Bpzi1

Seems to comfirm Oliphant back at WSR.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 11:25 (Ref:3935159)   #652
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just because Subaru won’t continue with their factory backing doesn’t have to mean the Subaru can’t stay on the grid.

In fact, it would make much more sense for BMR to not build new cars financially.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 11:33 (Ref:3935160)   #653
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
Just because Subaru won’t continue with their factory backing doesn’t have to mean the Subaru can’t stay on the grid.

In fact, it would make much more sense for BMR to not build new cars financially.
If the Subaru was to stay on the grid, it would probably not be at BMR. They don't own the cars, they are/were leased.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 11:33 (Ref:3935161)   #654
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
TeamCarDriverNotes

Confirmed Entries   
Excelr8??????In talks about new build - title sponsor announced
Excelr8??????In talks about new build - title sponsor announced
Team DynamicsHonda CivicCammish2yr contract confirmed in press release
Team DynamicsHonda CivicNealConfirmed as driver pairing in press release
WSRBMW 330iOliphantReported as continuing next year with the team

Likely Entries   
HMS RacingAlfa GiuliettaAustinHold TBL - have been testing
WSRBMW 330i??????
Power MaxedVauxhall Astra??????
Power MaxedVauxhall Astra??????
SpeedworksToyota Corolla??????
MotorbaseFord Focus??????
MotorbaseFord Focus??????
BTC RacingHonda CivicSmiley?New cars for 2019
BTC RacingHonda Civic???New cars for 2019
Laser ToolsInfiniti Q50Moffatselling Merc+TBL

Possible Entries   
BMR??????State they are committed to BTCC future
BMR??????State they are committed to BTCC future
AmDHonda Civic??????
AmDHonda Civic??????
TradePrice(Amd)?????????
TradePrice(Amd)?????????
Team ParkerBMW ???????
HARDVW CCThompsonClaims to have exciting 2020 news on social media soon
HARDVW CC??????
HARDVW CC??????
HARDVW CC??????
Ciceley MotorsportMB A-ClassMorgan???
Ciceley MotorsportMB A-Class??????
Simpson RacingHonda CivicSimpson???
MotorbaseFord Focus???TBL on loan for 2019
???MB A-Class???TBL+Car on sale from Laser Tools
???Jag ?CreesRumoured by Crees in a Facebook interview
Laser ToolsInfiniti Q50SuttonSutton tested car (BMR leaving?)
WSRBMW 330iJordanLost Pirtek sponsorship, says he wants to stay in the BTCC, but only with WSR

Entries with doubt   
??????SheddenSpeculation about wanting a return
??????M.JacksonLinked to half of the teams on the grid
??????BlundellStated that he is undecided about a 2020 return
???Subaru Levorg???Car not viable as NGTC entry (according to BMR)
???Subaru Levorg???Car not viable as NGTC entry (according to BMR)
Old 17 Oct 2019, 11:48 (Ref:3935162)   #655
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Interesting how things are 'spinned' in the comments from the team:

'Team bosses say that changes to the technical regulations of the series mean that it is only possible to run the flat-four-style boxer powerplant in the Subaru Levorg.

Also, BMR says that changes in the aerodynamics rules of the BTCC mean that the estate-shaped car does not have the same advantages as some of the smaller models.'

When the car was initially released, the flat-four engine and aerodynamic performance of the chassis were given as the reasons for it being the best choice of car for BTCC.
Don't see any spin there to be honest. When they built the car it had one of lowest drag figures of any car and the placement of the engine was a huge advantage. Rule changes mean that is no longer the case so the original reasons no longer apply.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 12:10 (Ref:3935166)   #656
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
If the Subaru was to stay on the grid, it would probably not be at BMR. They don't own the cars, they are/were leased.
Leased from Subaru? Realisitcally, if they don't run them in the BTCC, where are they going to run? I guess that it was disadvantage or advantage in having a series that runs to a unique ruleset. I guess they could store them or put them in a museum, or of course sell them to another team.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 12:38 (Ref:3935172)   #657
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Leased from Subaru? Realisitcally, if they don't run them in the BTCC, where are they going to run? I guess that it was disadvantage or advantage in having a series that runs to a unique ruleset. I guess they could store them or put them in a museum, or of course sell them to another team.
C-009-04-BMR-039-01 & C-009-04-BMR-039-02 are/were owned by Liberty Leasing PLC
C-009-04-BMR-039-03 & C-009-04-BMR-039-04 are/were owned by Subaru (UK) Ltd.

If Subaru have parted ways with BMR, then for the cars to remain in the BTCC another team will have to run them. Given the issues that BMR have had in keeping a consistent performance, I don't see why anyone else would consider them unless Subaru/Liberty were willing to provide them for very little cost. There is also the underlying theory that at least one of the cars has a fundamental flaw (accident damage / diff issue) that also raises a concern for anyone wanting to run them.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 12:42 (Ref:3935176)   #658
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
BMR have confirmed the Subaru split. And also have said they're committed to a future in btcc so clearly they havent sold up.
Could mean Warren is going to sit in the stands as a paying punter. Could mean anything. BMR categorically have had a conversation about selling the TBLs.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 12:45 (Ref:3935177)   #659
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
As for the Subaru only Ash has gotten anything out of it in 2017/8/9. And he won't be there by all accounts.

If a driver like JP can't get anything out of it then it's got to be bloody hard to do so.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 13:00 (Ref:3935179)   #660
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
C-009-04-BMR-039-01 & C-009-04-BMR-039-02 are/were owned by Liberty Leasing PLC
C-009-04-BMR-039-03 & C-009-04-BMR-039-04 are/were owned by Subaru (UK) Ltd.
Effectively used as collateral for a loan or lease agreement. If you dig through the records of other teams you find Liberty Leasing pop up a number of times. Typically for transporter truck/trailers but there are a few for race cars.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 13:05 (Ref:3935180)   #661
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
As for the Subaru only Ash has gotten anything out of it in 2017/8/9. And he won't be there by all accounts.

If a driver like JP can't get anything out of it then it's got to be bloody hard to do so.

Proctor has, especially in the latter part of the season, been able to also hustle the Levorg up towards the sharp end. And in so doing, he managed to actually get almost double the championship points that Plato achieved in the same car last year.

Obviously, neither of them achieved anything like Sutton.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 13:18 (Ref:3935182)   #662
Johno.UK
Racer

Quote:
TCT. There's one running at Donnington in that.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 13:20 (Ref:3935183)   #663
Robin Marriott
Veteran

It’s been officially confirmed now so disregarding new builds, what are BMRs options?

Will the FK2 still be eligible next year? There must be at least 2 still kicking about.
A couple of 1 series’ maybe?

There can’t be much left these days.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 13:22 (Ref:3935184)   #664
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
MagicBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
*DoNington.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 13:26 (Ref:3935185)   #665
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
MagicBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The championship winning car went into storage. Ash got the ex-Cole chassis for 2018 onwards.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 13:33 (Ref:3935188)   #666
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
Nope! Was never happening. Check the Touring Car Times article.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 17 Oct 2019, 13:45 (Ref:3935190)   #667
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Do you think HARD or Excelr8 would be desperate enough to run a couple Subarus next year..?
Old 17 Oct 2019, 13:54 (Ref:3935191)   #668
Johno.UK
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicBoy View Post
*DoNington.
I know but no matter how many times I tell my phone otherwise it doesn't.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 14:04 (Ref:3935192)   #669
AJ.fan
Rookie

AJ.fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Red Bull? After the season he posted #RedBull #givesyouwings hashtags, something I've seen for the first time in his feed. But let's not read too much into this, the same as to the fact that he's just got a brand new road car from BMW UK
and the fact the CEO of BMW UK is lending him a classic M3 to drive
Old 17 Oct 2019, 14:06 (Ref:3935193)   #670
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicBoy View Post
*DoNington.
Years ago I had saved in my wallet a paddock pass ticket that I got when the circuit was re-opened. That had Donington spelled with two 'n's'!
Old 17 Oct 2019, 15:19 (Ref:3935202)   #671
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Do you think HARD or Excelr8 would be desperate enough to run a couple Subarus next year..?
HARD may consider a Subaru (or four).
Exceler8 - no.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 15:22 (Ref:3935203)   #672
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ.fan View Post
He was once given an MG to drive too.

https://www.mginfo.co.uk/mgmotor.clu...mg3-winner-too
Old 17 Oct 2019, 15:32 (Ref:3935207)   #673
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ.fan View Post
I do hope that AJ will be back in the BTCC next year but before we get too excited about all of this don't rule out the possibility that all of this 'support' from BMW may be because he is still a BMW contracted driver/ambassador until the end of the year (not just up to the last race of the season).
Old 17 Oct 2019, 15:42 (Ref:3935210)   #674
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Exactly, remember Shedden was at Autosport the January after his last season was over under contract with Honda still.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 15:43 (Ref:3935211)   #675
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I do hope that AJ will be back in the BTCC next year but before we get too excited about all of this don't rule out the possibility that all of this 'support' from BMW may be because he is still a BMW contracted driver/ambassador until the end of the year (not just up to the last race of the season).
Agreed - remember how long after the end of the 2017 season that Shedden was still promoting Honda.

DB has already confirmed that they'd like AJ - but he needs to get more sponsorship. So BMW haven't committed to him (yet).