Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 16 Jan 2020, 13:18 (Ref:3951935)   #26
JD Media
Racer

Netherlands
Zandvoort
JD Media should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Really? I get the sunset part but do we need three of 5 endurance races in partial darkness?

Honestly it’s not the most enjoyable to watch a bunch of headlines coming towards you on YouTube

You can enjoy it at Spa, and somewhat still at Paul Ric, but how much of it do we really need?
I agree. And don't really think the Nurburgring during the autumn is a good idea for sunset race, as we have seen with the Endurance races in the past at that place. I can remember a lot of fog...
Old 16 Jan 2020, 13:23 (Ref:3951937)   #27
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Really? I get the sunset part but do we need three of 5 endurance races in partial darkness?

Honestly it’s not the most enjoyable to watch a bunch of headlines coming towards you on YouTube

You can enjoy it at Spa, and somewhat still at Paul Ric, but how much of it do we really need?
I think endurance racing should do more at night tbh. I'd even consider a Bathurst style early start for some darkness.

I don't think I can enjoy anything at Paul Ricard.
Old 16 Jan 2020, 13:55 (Ref:3951941)   #28
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I think endurance racing should do more at night tbh. I'd even consider a Bathurst style early start for some darkness.

I don't think I can enjoy anything at Paul Ricard.
Now I do agree with the Bathurst style morning start, that is always cool. Probably doesnt quite work for a 3hr race though
Old 16 Jan 2020, 14:06 (Ref:3951942)   #29
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Now I do agree with the Bathurst style morning start, that is always cool. Probably doesnt quite work for a 3hr race though

I love the Bathurst start...something very different.

tbh though on a whole I don't like races that are purely night races...its crap on TV and hard to identify cars
Old 20 Jan 2020, 15:56 (Ref:3952464)   #30
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Having lost Blancpain as title sponsor, all three GTWC series are now ‘powered by’ Amazon Web Services
Old 21 Jan 2020, 15:23 (Ref:3952595)   #31
Bcarr6
Veteran

Sprint

Classic and Modern Racing - Bentley Continental GT3 - Jules Gounon / Pierre-Alexandre Jean
Classic and Modern Racing - Bentley Continental GT3 - TBA / TBA

Endurance

Classic and Modern Racing - Bentley Continental GT3 - Pierre-Alexandre Jean / TBA / TBA
Classic and Modern Racing - Bentley Continental GT3 - Seb Morris / TBA / TBA
Old 21 Jan 2020, 18:37 (Ref:3952635)   #32
GregoryDG
Racer

Belgium
Ghent, Belgium
GregoryDG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sprint

Classic and Modern Racing - Bentley Continental GT3 - Jules Gounon / Pierre-Alexandre Jean

Endurance

Classic and Modern Racing - Bentley Continental GT3 - Pierre-Alexandre Jean / TBA / TBA
Pierre-Alexandre Jean and Seb Morris will race together in the Pro class of the Endurance part, with a third driver yet to be announced. Erwin Creed and Romano Ricci will be behind the wheel of the second car in Endurance (Am Cup).

Jules Gounon and Pierre-Alexandre Jean will be entered in Pro for the Sprint segment, while the other car will race in Pro-Am.
Old 22 Jan 2020, 08:02 (Ref:3952686)   #33
GregUK
Racer

GregUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sprint

Endurance

Charly Bourachot's CMR team have been running in French and Euro GT4 for several years. It's good to see them step up to GT3.
Old 22 Jan 2020, 10:08 (Ref:3952704)   #34
Bcarr6
Veteran

Little tracker update.

14 cars in Sprint, 26 in Endurance so far.... (Yes I know WRT will run more than 2 cars, but they have only announced 'multiple' cars so far so numbers TBC)

Probably one of the most diverse grids in terms of manufacturers in years so far, endurance- 5 AMG's, 5 Porsches, 5 Bentleys, 3 Astons, 2 Mclarens, 2 Lexi', 2 Audis....

Sprint - 14 cars

AKKA-ASP - Mercedes AMG GT3 - Jim Pla / Benjamin Hites
AKKA-ASP - Mercedes AMG GT3 - Raffaele Marcello / TBA
Classic and Modern Racing - Bentley Continental GT3 - Pierre-Alexandre Jean / Jules Gounon
Emil Frey Racing - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - Albert Costa / Giacomo Altoe
Emil Frey Racing - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - Norbert Siedler / Mikael Grenier
GetSpeed Performance - Mercedes AMG GT3 - TBA / TBA
Madpanda Motorsport - Mercedes AMG GT3 - Ezequiel Perez Companc / TBA
Panis Racing - Lexus RC-F GT3??? - TBA / TBA
Panis Racing - Lexus RC-F GT3??? - TBA / TBA
R-Motorsport - Aston Martin Vantage GT3 - Tom Blomqvist / TBA
R-Motorsport - Aston Martin Vantage GT3 - Luca Ghiotto / TBA
WRT - Audi R8 LMS GT3 - TBA / TBA
WRT - Audi R8 LMS GT3 - TBA / TBA

Endurance - 26 cars

AKKA-ASP - Mercedes AMG GT3 - Jim Pla / Benjamin Hites / TBA
AKKA-ASP - Mercedes AMG GT3 - Raffaele Marcello / TBA / TBA
AKKA-ASP - Mercedes AMG GT3 - TBA / TBA / TBA
Classic and Modern Racing - Bentley Continental GT3 - Pierre-Alexandre Jean / Seb Morris / TBA
Classic and Modern Racing - Bentley Continental GT3 - Romano Ricci / Erwin Creed / TBA
Dinamic Motorsport - Porsche 911 GT3 R - TBA / TBA / TBA
Emil Frey Racing - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - Albert Costa / Giacomo Altoe / Franck Perera
Emil Frey Racing - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - Norbert Siedler / Mikael Grenier / Ricardo Feller
GetSpeed Performance - Mercedes AMG GT3 - TBA / TBA / TBA
GPX Racing - Porsche 911 GT3 R - Jordan Grogor / Stuart Hall / Ben Goethe
GPX Racing - Porsche 911 GT3 R - TBA / TBA / TBA
K-Pax Racing - Bentley Continental GT3 - Maxime Soulet / Jules Gounon / Rodrigo Baptista
K-Pax Racing - Bentley Continental GT3 - Alvaro Parente / Andy Soucek / Jordan Pepper
Madpanda Motorsport - Mercedes AMG GT3 - Ezequiel Perez Companc / TBA / TBA
Optimum Motorsport - Mclaren 720s GT3 - Rob Bell / Joe Osborne / Ollie Wilkinson
Optimum Motorsport - Mclaren 720s GT3 - TBA / TBA / TBA (probable)
Panis Racing - Lexus RC-F GT3??? - TBA / TBA / TBA
Panis Racing - Lexus RC-F GT3??? - TBA / TBA / TBA
R-Motorsport - Aston Martin Vantage GT3 - Tom Blomqvist / TBA / TBA
R-Motorsport - Aston Martin Vantage GT3 - Luca Ghiotto / TBA / TBA
Team Parker Racing - Bentley Continental GT3 - TBA / TBA / TBA (Bentley Young Driver Lineup)
TF Sport - Aston Martin Vantage GT3 - TBA / TBA / TBA
WRT - Audi R8 LMS GT3 - TBA / TBA / TBA
WRT - Audi R8 LMS GT3 - TBA / TBA / TBA
Old 22 Jan 2020, 23:05 (Ref:3952831)   #35
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Assuming we will see several Ferraris entered soon as well?
Old 23 Jan 2020, 13:36 (Ref:3952933)   #36
Bcarr6
Veteran

Team Lazarus who ran in the Endurance cup last year have just been announced as the latest team to swap to Bentleys, with a pair of cars to be entered in two yet to be announced championships. Itd be crazy to see yet another pair of Bentleys in GTWC!
Old 23 Jan 2020, 16:20 (Ref:3952967)   #37
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Team Lazarus who ran in the Endurance cup last year have just been announced as the latest team to swap to Bentleys, with a pair of cars to be entered in two yet to be announced championships. Itd be crazy to see yet another pair of Bentleys in GTWC!
Isn't it a slightly odd choice as the car certainly wasn't the most competitive out there.

Perhaps these additional entrants know something we don't? Have MSport have been tipped off that the car will receive a ballast reduction for the new season or something?
Old 24 Jan 2020, 10:11 (Ref:3953087)   #38
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Isn't it a slightly odd choice as the car certainly wasn't the most competitive out there.

Perhaps these additional entrants know something we don't? Have MSport have been tipped off that the car will receive a ballast reduction for the new season or something?
Bentley were pretty heavily restricting customer programmes last year, and have opened up this year, so that might explain some of it.

But your right, doesnt explain the popularity given its very average show in 2019
Old 24 Jan 2020, 10:12 (Ref:3953088)   #39
Bcarr6
Veteran

Barwell Motorsport - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 Evo - Leo Machitski / Richard Heistand / Adrian Amstutz
Barwell Motorsport - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 Evo - TBA / TBA / TBA
Old 4 Feb 2020, 09:36 (Ref:3955603)   #40
Bcarr6
Veteran

Team Parker Racing - Bentley Continental GT3 - Euan McKay / Frank Bird / Nicolai Kjaergaard (Bentley Young Driver Lineup)
Old 5 Feb 2020, 05:36 (Ref:3955784)   #41
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Christian Hook, Manuel Lauck and Florian Scholze in a, fantastic looking, SPS automotive performance Mercedes in the Am-Cup.
http://gt-place.com/2020/02/04/gt-wo...ce-steigt-ein/
Old 5 Feb 2020, 10:12 (Ref:3955824)   #42
Bcarr6
Veteran

Reno Racing - Honda NSX GT3 - Jens Reno Moller / TBA / TBA
Old 5 Feb 2020, 18:11 (Ref:3955949)   #43
JD Media
Racer

Netherlands
Zandvoort
JD Media should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Daiko Lazarus enters GT World we would see 7 Bentley's!!

Seems like we will go to 40+ entries for the Endurance, not bad! Waiting for some big announcements from WRT, FFF, Dinamic, Rowe?
Old 5 Feb 2020, 18:57 (Ref:3955967)   #44
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
We are going to have an "over-scribed" entry list, which shows the success of the concept.
Old 6 Feb 2020, 14:21 (Ref:3956099)   #45
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Media View Post
If Daiko Lazarus enters GT World we would see 7 Bentley's!!

Seems like we will go to 40+ entries for the Endurance, not bad! Waiting for some big announcements from WRT, FFF, Dinamic, Rowe?
Great, what was the season with the highest number of entries?

60 odd one year wasn't it?
Old 6 Feb 2020, 17:24 (Ref:3956124)   #46
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
We are going to have an "over-scribed" entry list, which shows the success of the concept.
Execution will be another story. It was horrible in 2019 in the endurance races at least. Barcelona has to be the worst GTWC Endurance race in the history of SRO.
Old 6 Feb 2020, 17:53 (Ref:3956129)   #47
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Execution will be another story. It was horrible in 2019 in the endurance races at least. Barcelona has to be the worst GTWC Endurance race in the history of SRO.
Indeed. Last couple of years has been pretty weak. 2019 was bad.
Old 6 Feb 2020, 21:01 (Ref:3956155)   #48
W2Motorsport
Racer

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
W2Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't it the same group of stewards, and other staff that put on the IGTC races as well? I remember a lot of caution periods for Barcelona, but I can't remember exactly what all of the outrage was about at Barcelona. Was it because of the penalty on the Lambo? I had thought that was fairly justified since he had pulled onto the pit road exit to make the pass.
Old 7 Feb 2020, 13:57 (Ref:3956263)   #49
Bcarr6
Veteran

Only a single Panis Lexus this year

And supposedly we wont see Strakka in GTWC or IGTC
Old 7 Feb 2020, 16:04 (Ref:3956305)   #50
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by W2Motorsport View Post
Isn't it the same group of stewards, and other staff that put on the IGTC races as well? I remember a lot of caution periods for Barcelona, but I can't remember exactly what all of the outrage was about at Barcelona. Was it because of the penalty on the Lambo? I had thought that was fairly justified since he had pulled onto the pit road exit to make the pass.
There was some stuff going on with the Black Falcon Mercedes too, not getting a penalty for a pass outside the track or something like that.
Also the last few minutes were total chaos because a lot of drivers just forgot how to drive a race car.