Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Jun 2020, 13:37 (Ref:3984718)   #651
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
https://news.brandshatch.co.uk/msv-visitors.aspx

MSV circuits opening to limited spectators
Old 30 Jun 2020, 13:55 (Ref:3984722)   #652
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very pleased to see this. I have my 2m long monopod to maintain social distance !!!
Old 30 Jun 2020, 15:49 (Ref:3984752)   #653
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Very pleased to see this. I have my 2m long monopod to maintain social distance !!!
No more crowding round the photo cutouts at Druids! We'll all have to politely take turns.
Old 30 Jun 2020, 16:08 (Ref:3984761)   #654
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Excellent news- I am very glad I was wrong on this. Well done MSV.
Old 30 Jun 2020, 16:21 (Ref:3984768)   #655
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Pleased to see it, though can't get my head around the logic of spectators allowed at a race meeting but not at a track day......
Old 30 Jun 2020, 18:04 (Ref:3984791)   #656
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Pleased to see it, though can't get my head around the logic of spectators allowed at a race meeting but not at a track day......
One pays, one doesn’t.
Old 30 Jun 2020, 21:14 (Ref:3984820)   #657
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic news.

I wonder if MSV are trialling this with the governing body looking over their shoulder to see how it goes with an eye to the bigger events such as BTCC & British GT still to come.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 06:53 (Ref:3984846)   #658
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Fantastic news.

I wonder if MSV are trialling this with the governing body looking over their shoulder to see how it goes with an eye to the bigger events such as BTCC & British GT still to come.
Looks like a unilateral MSV decision as the MSUK update that came out on the same was still stating events behind closed doors. As has been pointed out elsewhere, MSV are referring to 'visitors' and 'general public' not spectators, the media have referred to spectators. Perhaps this is MSV using their interpretation of public now being allowed able to visit venues lkike pars, gardens and zoos?.The gvernment guidance on sports events is still no spectators, I believe.

No reference to MSUK, who are/were supposed to be leading the guidance on when spectators/visitors are allowed at race events.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 07:51 (Ref:3984851)   #659
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
What I find strange is that I can find no reference in any Government guidance as to motorsport re starting and as yet M UK have not made an "official" announcement about events starting this weekend. Certain sports like golf and tennis have been given the go ahead but noting about other sports.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 08:12 (Ref:3984855)   #660
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Looks like a unilateral MSV decision as the MSUK update that came out on the same was still stating events behind closed doors. As has been pointed out elsewhere, MSV are referring to 'visitors' and 'general public' not spectators, the media have referred to spectators. Perhaps this is MSV using their interpretation of public now being allowed able to visit venues lkike pars, gardens and zoos?.The gvernment guidance on sports events is still no spectators, I believe.

No reference to MSUK, who are/were supposed to be leading the guidance on when spectators/visitors are allowed at race events.
I believe this will compromise social distancing requirements.The Brands meeting has been organised so that competitors have more room in the paddock to distance.as there will be NO spectators/paying visitors present. Now visitors are being allowed entry.
The lifting of lockdown is indeed money centric.

Unfortunately,I will not be entering as among many other problems prepping my car this was the final nail,so to speak.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 08:30 (Ref:3984858)   #661
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn Slater View Post
I believe this will compromise social distancing requirements.The Brands meeting has been organised so that competitors have more room in the paddock to distance.as there will be NO spectators/paying visitors present. Now visitors are being allowed entry.
The lifting of lockdown is indeed money centric.

Unfortunately,I will not be entering as among many other problems prepping my car this was the final nail,so to speak.
Spectators will not be allowed to enter paddock or pits areas. Tickets limited, advance booking only. Should be no problem with social distancing. Brands Hatch are to be commended for the efforts they have put in to make this possible.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 08:35 (Ref:3984860)   #662
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
Spectators will not be allowed to enter paddock or pits areas. Tickets limited, advance booking only. Should be no problem with social distancing. Brands Hatch are to be commended for the efforts they have put in to make this possible.
I agree. A pragmatic, measured approach by MSV. It will need spectators to be responsible (as NOT seen on various beaches / city centres recently) or we can expect to see restrictions quite correctly re-imposed.

Nevertheless, fully respect anyone who decides they don't want to attend meetings in any capacity for whatever reason.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 09:16 (Ref:3984876)   #663
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It all depends on whether you believe the whole.coumtey to be riddled with virus and nothing but total Lockdown will stop it, or whether there aren't thatany people about in a population of 65 million and a few simple precautions will stop it.

The answer as always is probably somewhere in between.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 1 Jul 2020, 09:22 (Ref:3984878)   #664
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It seems like MSV are keeping us paying punters separate enough from the participants so in practice it will be no different to being behind-closed-doors for the drivers/team/etc.

Also, the ticket prices are somewhat steep so I don't think you'll get many random people turning up just for something to do...
Old 1 Jul 2020, 15:56 (Ref:3984928)   #665
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Confused.

MSV selling tickets to events from 11th July where as Sillystone earliest is 12th September, Combe 19/20th September, at the moment.

Guess I make a list and wait.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 17:10 (Ref:3984943)   #666
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
Confused.

MSV selling tickets to events from 11th July where as Sillystone earliest is 12th September, Combe 19/20th September, at the moment.

Guess I make a list and wait.
Because it is a unilateral MSV decision, not led by MSUK guidance as far as I can see. Other circuits may follow should MSV be able to operate with visitors (what used to be called spectators pre-covid...).
Old 1 Jul 2020, 17:55 (Ref:3984960)   #667
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
It all depends on whether you believe the whole.coumtey to be riddled with virus and nothing but total Lockdown will stop it, or whether there aren't thatany people about in a population of 65 million and a few simple precautions will stop it.

The answer as always is probably somewhere in between.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Ask shopkeepers and landlords in Leicester.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 21:39 (Ref:3985013)   #668
one-two
Racer

one-two should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Because it is a unilateral MSV decision, not led by MSUK guidance as far as I can see.
At one point - their last published statement on the subject - MSUK said no spectators/visitors was a condition of permitting events. Something seems to have changed - not clear what!
Old 2 Jul 2020, 05:55 (Ref:3985035)   #669
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As well as stopping spectators into the paddock, are MSV stopping the paddock going out into the public areas?

If they are creating 2 bubbles of people on site who do not mix then that's within the spirit of the MSUK guidance.
Old 2 Jul 2020, 07:34 (Ref:3985043)   #670
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Entrants are under strict conditions to comply with distancing.If they breach those conditions they can be ejected from the meeting.

Are "visitors" under the same regulations?

Don't forget who puts up the money to run meetings. The entrants.
Old 2 Jul 2020, 08:16 (Ref:3985047)   #671
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Entrants are under strict conditions to comply with distancing.If they breach those conditions they can be ejected from the meeting.

this post entirely. although it’s not really clear who’s going to do the ejecting - i doubt most msv staff are down with having to chuck people out.

obviously i’d prefer spectators to be not permitted until cases were lower, but those outside the paddock need to be subject to the same rules and regulations as those of us inside to keep them and the sport safe. by the time we get to the point when spectators will actually be in circuits i’m sure things will be different.
Old 2 Jul 2020, 09:23 (Ref:3985055)   #672
one-two
Racer

one-two should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
If they are creating 2 bubbles of people on site who do not mix then that's within the spirit of the MSUK guidance.
Isn't it more the letter of the guidance? The wording is "behind closed doors". It seems that is being interpreted in this case as no access to the paddock, pits or track area?
Old 2 Jul 2020, 09:26 (Ref:3985056)   #673
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
this post entirely. although it’s not really clear who’s going to do the ejecting - i doubt most msv staff are down with having to chuck people out.

obviously i’d prefer spectators to be not permitted until cases were lower, but those outside the paddock need to be subject to the same rules and regulations as those of us inside to keep them and the sport safe. by the time we get to the point when spectators will actually be in circuits i’m sure things will be different.
As I've said before (and probably more than once already) I think it's sensible for the organisers/circuits/whoever to run the first few races behind closed doors and therefore without the added complications/numbers of spectators. This will give them the chance to test & fine-tune their systems and gain experience in how all this is going to work. Once they are happy that they can keep EVERYONE safe by doing so, that is the time to start allowing spectators in as well.
Where I am writing this from is now back on lockdown because 'people' haven't been abiding by the rules and infections have soared!
Old 2 Jul 2020, 13:25 (Ref:3985108)   #674
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post

The ejecting? A few months ago a prominent HSCC official and racer had his licence revoked after using some (bad) choice words on FB. That's the type of ejection the can be administered by the powers that be.

Don't forget,the racers pay the bills.
Old 2 Jul 2020, 13:27 (Ref:3985110)   #675
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

And don't forget the people who support circuits, year in , year out , and over the years have spent a hell of a lot of money in the process , as well as contributing in other ways . In my case that includes marshalling , journalism , helping to run events and introducing many new people to the sport .

Nobody has a monopoly viewpoint and there is no need o patronise those who , for various reasons , don't race themselves . As a 'visitor ' I expect to be subject to precisely the same regime as everyone else , and to face the consequences if I don't.

God knows, my local circuit , Croft, often has more than enough security staff to quell a medium scale riot. An unlikely scenario , admittedly , among the bunch of old farts like me who make up most of the 'crowd' . Except when, saints preserve us , the gazebo toting BTCC army turns up for its annual BBQ and litterfest ...