Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 7 Jan 2021, 16:01 (Ref:4027450)   #1351
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
I'm not on Reddit, this comes from a BTCC source, now hearing Proctor's deal is done but missing the key info of who with
The same source for Rowbottom in a Honda?

Coincidentally - where did you see that BTC are switching to Swindon power?
Old 7 Jan 2021, 16:03 (Ref:4027452)   #1352
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I'm not on Reddit, this comes from a BTCC source, now hearing Proctor's deal is done but missing the key info of who with
Oh, ok. I just thought it might be from Reddit because I'd seen the stuff about Sam Smelt, Tom Chilton and Senna Proctor on there. I think BTC is the most likely destination for Proctor, as I think he is leaving Excler8, and he would be quite a good fit there.
Old 7 Jan 2021, 16:04 (Ref:4027453)   #1353
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
I think Rowbottom will probably go to Power Maxed. He won't be in Team Dynamics, as he told us on this thread, but in terms of Honda it is possible that he could be in BTC.
Old 7 Jan 2021, 16:11 (Ref:4027455)   #1354
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BMW UK motorsport did tweet happy new year and that they were hoping for more 1st place finishes in 2021.

Now I wouldn’t say that is concrete evidence they’ll be around this year but It’d be a strange thing to say if you weren’t.
Old 7 Jan 2021, 16:43 (Ref:4027461)   #1355
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The same source for Rowbottom in a Honda?

Coincidentally - where did you see that BTC are switching to Swindon power?
Yeah it was indeed and still believe that's the most likely destination for Rowbo

The BTC Swindon switch is in the latest MN on the article about Cook & Crees staying on for this year.

While not heard anything concrete the rumour regarding Honda leaving keeps resurfacing.
Old 7 Jan 2021, 16:57 (Ref:4027464)   #1356
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah, Honda leaving in terms of providing financial backing I am utterly convinced is a thing. The timescale is the unknown. They're either gone or this is the last year. The source is my waters. I have history with Honda.

Dynamics will find a way with or without them.
Old 7 Jan 2021, 16:59 (Ref:4027466)   #1357
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Eh, with lots of promising drivers and not very many empty seats, Sam Smelt will be very disappointing. 💰💰💰

Any rumours on Thompson or Bushell?
Old 7 Jan 2021, 17:00 (Ref:4027467)   #1358
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Given the Motorbase/ MB four car confirmation, does anyone suspect that a fifth car is in the hands of AN Other? I do, I have nothing to back this up mind other than having clocked two part built new Focii. Of course one could be simply a spare shell to facilitate a quick turn around in the event of an accident.
Old 7 Jan 2021, 17:14 (Ref:4027474)   #1359
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Given the Motorbase/ MB four car confirmation, does anyone suspect that a fifth car is in the hands of AN Other? I do, I have nothing to back this up mind other than having clocked two part built new Focii. Of course one could be simply a spare shell to facilitate a quick turn around in the event of an accident.
FK2 & TBL with Speedworks, car being a donor to 2nd Corolla.
Old 7 Jan 2021, 17:44 (Ref:4027483)   #1360
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Eh, with lots of promising drivers and not very many empty seats, Sam Smelt will be very disappointing. 💰💰💰

Thompson I believe is still working on a deal, possibly with Excelr8, but that’s my guess, as there’s not many other options. Especially if the rumour that Nic Hamilton has got the 4th Cupra.

Bushell sadly not heard a peep
Old 7 Jan 2021, 17:49 (Ref:4027485)   #1361
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Presume that is the shell that is now at Jordan’s. Why on earth would BTC go Swindon after all the unreliability in 2020? Also pretty much kills the technical cross over with Dynamics
Old 7 Jan 2021, 17:57 (Ref:4027490)   #1362
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Presume that is the shell that is now at Jordan’s. Why on earth would BTC go Swindon after all the unreliability in 2020? Also pretty much kills the technical cross over with Dynamics
you mean the same unreliability that gave sutton the championship win using a swindon engine?
Old 7 Jan 2021, 18:08 (Ref:4027494)   #1363
Overboost
Racer

Quote:
No the Jordan's had Osborne's car, As it was originally a Eurotech car, the sister one to Jordan's championship one he's restoring. Speedworks had Jake's FK2 from last year.
Old 7 Jan 2021, 19:20 (Ref:4027507)   #1364
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Maybe the price of the Honda unit went up if the manufacturer pulled the backing?
Old 7 Jan 2021, 19:50 (Ref:4027511)   #1365
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
Maybe the price of the Honda unit went up if the manufacturer pulled the backing?
I'm still struggling with why the loss of Honda support (if it has even happened) is being hailed as such a significant issue?

The majority of the cost in running the Engine comes from the work done by NBE - and Honda's support to TD is more of a technical nature than backing for the team.

If BTC feel that Swindon is a more cost effective option that may be the case, but it would have nothing to do with Honda's technical support to TD.

The main backers are Halfords and Yuasa - one only has to look at the car to see that if Honda are putting any real money into it, they are getting a poor ROI.

Old 7 Jan 2021, 19:53 (Ref:4027512)   #1366
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Ah, fair enough. Another little mystery solved.
Old 7 Jan 2021, 20:00 (Ref:4027513)   #1367
Crazyknight
Rookie

Crazyknight should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
Thompson I believe is still working on a deal, possibly with Excelr8, but that’s my guess, as there’s not many other options. Especially if the rumour that Nic Hamilton has got the 4th Cupra.

Bushell sadly not heard a peep

Bushell posted on his insta stories that he probably wasn’t going to be back and was swapping to two wheels, he’s also been posting a lot of content with his dirt bike so don’t think he’ll be about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 7 Jan 2021, 20:27 (Ref:4027520)   #1368
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Ah, fair enough. Another little mystery solved.
So why would they need the shell ? Sell it to Jordan who need one to recreate his Championship winner? .....
Old 7 Jan 2021, 21:14 (Ref:4027527)   #1369
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyknight View Post
Bushell posted on his insta stories that he probably wasn’t going to be back and was swapping to two wheels, he’s also been posting a lot of content with his dirt bike so don’t think he’ll be about
That's a shame
Old 7 Jan 2021, 21:17 (Ref:4027528)   #1370
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Apparently the crash at Croft was 'the best thing to have happened to Bobby' and his budget was secured before the end of last season...

... apparently.
Old 7 Jan 2021, 21:46 (Ref:4027533)   #1371
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Apparently the crash at Croft was 'the best thing to have happened to Bobby' and his budget was secured before the end of last season...

... apparently.
That’s great if true, Bobby was just hitting some good form before the crash. Any word on where he’s lined up to race?
Old 7 Jan 2021, 22:04 (Ref:4027538)   #1372
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
That’s great if true, Bobby was just hitting some good form before the crash. Any word on where he’s lined up to race?
No idea. I'd take a guess at Excelr8 staying on the TPC side of the garage.
Old 7 Jan 2021, 22:22 (Ref:4027540)   #1373
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post

... apparently.
Ok, fingers crossed Jack Goff has a barrel roll or something too! Really hope he will be back and that there's no after effects from the concussion either.

I suppose there's very little open outside of Excerl8. Would love to see him in the Astra.
Old 8 Jan 2021, 07:03 (Ref:4027581)   #1374
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Ok, fingers crossed Jack Goff has a barrel roll or something too! Really hope he will be back and that there's no after effects from the concussion either.

I suppose there's very little open outside of Excerl8. Would love to see him in the Astra.
He'd be a wasted talent in the Astra, would be better in a Hyundai.
Old 8 Jan 2021, 10:14 (Ref:4027596)   #1375
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
So why would they need the shell ? Sell it to Jordan who need one to recreate his Championship winner? .....
They wouldn't. But the standard NGTC bits on it will be re-used and the TBL was obviously needed.