Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Mar 2021, 14:20 (Ref:4037924)   #951
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Which drivers are included in poll?����!
Should start a discussion
Hamilton
Schumacher
Fangio
Stewart
Clark
Prost
Senna

I don't think anyone else would be selected. Anyone want to add another driver to the list before I create the poll?
Old 2 Mar 2021, 14:24 (Ref:4037926)   #952
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You could add “Other” to cover that basis.

Don’t forget to include JV.
Old 2 Mar 2021, 14:24 (Ref:4037928)   #953
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
Hamilton
Schumacher
Fangio
Stewart
Clark
Prost
Senna

I don't think anyone else would be selected. Anyone want to add another driver to the list before I create the poll?

Lauda.
Old 2 Mar 2021, 14:24 (Ref:4037929)   #954
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Your not serious?
Old 2 Mar 2021, 14:26 (Ref:4037932)   #955
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Which drivers are included in poll?����!
Should start a discussion
Clearly some should be excluded. We should start a poll to determine who is excluded from the poll.

Richard
Old 2 Mar 2021, 14:26 (Ref:4037933)   #956
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Actually it would be better if the creator of this thread added the poll, because then it could be on the same thread. Otherwise it would have to be on a new one, which is quite inconvenient.
Old 2 Mar 2021, 14:26 (Ref:4037934)   #957
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Your not serious?
I think it is fair Lauda is an option.
Old 2 Mar 2021, 14:27 (Ref:4037935)   #958
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Kimi must be in the list. Otherwise I am NOT voting!

Richard
Old 2 Mar 2021, 14:28 (Ref:4037936)   #959
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
Actually it would be better if the creator of this thread added the poll, because then it could be on the same thread. Otherwise it would have to be on a new one, which is quite inconvenient.
One of us mods can add a poll. You chose the list and we shall add.

Although it might be better to move away from the Hamilton GOAT thread as that might give an unfair advantage?
Old 2 Mar 2021, 14:28 (Ref:4037937)   #960
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Your not serious?

Lauda? Yes, coming back from that horrific accident and lose the WDC by one point, then win it for a second time the following year, is a remarkable achievement.
Old 2 Mar 2021, 14:30 (Ref:4037938)   #961
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Brilliant. Approaching 1000 posts in the thread and we’re about to get into a debate about who should be on the *shortlist* for GOAT
Old 2 Mar 2021, 14:45 (Ref:4037943)   #962
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A proposed list:

SCHUMACHER Michael
HAMILTON Lewis
FANGIO Juan Manuel
PROST Alain
VETTEL Sebastian
BRABHAM Jack
STEWART Jackie
LAUDA Niki
PIQUET Nelson
SENNA Ayrton
ASCARI Alberto
CLARK Jim
HILL Graham
FITTIPALDI Emerson
HAKKINEN Mika
ALONSO Fernando
FARINA Giuseppe
HAWTHORN Mike
HILL Phil
SURTEES John
HULME Denny
RINDT Jochen
HUNT James
ANDRETTI Mario
SCHECKTER Jody
JONES Alan
ROSBERG Keke
MANSELL Nigel
HILL Damon
VILLENEUVE Jacques
RAIKKONEN Kimi
BUTTON Jenson
ROSBERG Nico
Old 2 Mar 2021, 14:47 (Ref:4037944)   #963
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Although it might be better to move away from the Hamilton GOAT thread as that might give an unfair advantage?
Agreed - it would make sense for it to not be on a LH-orientated thread.

(Unless we want all of the LH-haters to claim the poll is fixed)
Old 2 Mar 2021, 15:01 (Ref:4037948)   #964
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
A proposed list:

SCHUMACHER Michael
HAMILTON Lewis
FANGIO Juan Manuel
PROST Alain
VETTEL Sebastian
BRABHAM Jack
STEWART Jackie
LAUDA Niki
PIQUET Nelson
SENNA Ayrton
ASCARI Alberto
CLARK Jim
HILL Graham
FITTIPALDI Emerson
HAKKINEN Mika
ALONSO Fernando
FARINA Giuseppe
HAWTHORN Mike
HILL Phil
SURTEES John
HULME Denny
RINDT Jochen
HUNT James
ANDRETTI Mario
SCHECKTER Jody
JONES Alan
ROSBERG Keke
MANSELL Nigel
HILL Damon
VILLENEUVE Jacques
RAIKKONEN Kimi
BUTTON Jenson
ROSBERG Nico
I agree with most of them but not all and you missed some out.

/helpful
Old 2 Mar 2021, 15:05 (Ref:4037951)   #965
BTCC frog
Veteran

Okay then. I shall continue this discussion on a new thread, with a poll and no Hamilton bias. The list will be quite long but I will keep the most likely candidates at the top to make it clearer.

Last edited by BTCC frog; 2 Mar 2021 at 15:33.
Old 2 Mar 2021, 15:16 (Ref:4037954)   #966
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Noooo don't indicate any bias by deciding who the most likely candidates are.
Old 2 Mar 2021, 15:34 (Ref:4037960)   #967
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Noooo don't indicate any bias by deciding who the most likely candidates are.
Absolutely right. Totally random order.
Old 2 Mar 2021, 15:36 (Ref:4037961)   #968
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
perhaps a series of polls? tournament style.

use one of the autosport lists as the seeding for the brackets and then we vote our way through the matchups....march madness styles!
Old 2 Mar 2021, 15:45 (Ref:4037965)   #969
BTCC frog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Absolutely right. Totally random order.
I believe the top ten or so are the most likely candidates, but they are not in order of what I think, just in order of the most success. The rest are in a random order.
Old 2 Mar 2021, 16:02 (Ref:4037973)   #970
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Why not put them in alphabetical order?
Old 2 Mar 2021, 16:04 (Ref:4037976)   #971
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Easier way
Fangio
Clark
Stewart
Senna
Schumacher
Hamilton
The rest are not serious contenders
Old 2 Mar 2021, 16:05 (Ref:4037977)   #972
BTCC frog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Why not put them in alphabetical order?
Because I've already done it now. If one of moderators wants to change them to alphabetical order (I don't know if they can do that) then that is fine by me.
Old 2 Mar 2021, 16:23 (Ref:4037985)   #973
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Easier way
Fangio
Clark
Stewart
Senna
Schumacher
Hamilton
The rest are not serious contenders

Interesting to note that from that list, Clark was the only one not to win Monaco. His best result was 4th in '64. Otherwise all the others were/are multiple winners.
Old 2 Mar 2021, 16:24 (Ref:4037986)   #974
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Interesting to note that from that list, Clark was the only one not to win Monaco. His best result was 4th in '64. Otherwise all the others were/are multiple winners.
On that basis, Graham Hill ought to be right up there.....
Old 2 Mar 2021, 16:29 (Ref:4037987)   #975
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
On that basis, Graham Hill ought to be right up there.....

It's an observation, not necessarily a requirement and he did win the WDC twice.