Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 24 Mar 2021, 16:36 (Ref:4042727)   #501
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Just have to wait and see, hopefully it will be worth them putting it to August, it’s just not the same without the fans there
Old 24 Mar 2021, 17:33 (Ref:4042749)   #502
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Ok france is not at present doing as well as the uk but in 4 months time i am sure things will be better.
It's not only the current situation, it also the short-term situation that is not looking good.

The original plan for Belgium was to have old people that are already suffereing some kind of disaese vaccinated before starting the remaing 'normal' people and going down by age group.
Both groups of course coming after health workers etc...

My father suffers from ALS and is 70+, so part ot he first group I mentioned. The original plan was to have him vaccinated somewhere in the beginning of March.
My mother is 65+ and not having health problems. She should have been vaccinated after the group my father belongs to, somewhere in March.

March has almost passed, my parent have received no initation, no news. Nothing.
Vaccination stands at +/- 7%.
Things are not looking good and the short term prospects are not looking better. As long as my parents don't get an invitation, it's easy to calculate how many months of delay we are having.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
The situation in France or the rest of Europe doesn't need to be spotless for people to travel and for limited fans to spectate the race.
I doesn't have to perfect but it's quite easy to understand there won't be any (or just a limited number of) spectators allowed if the LOCAL people are not vaccinated - or if the vaccination level is not high enough.
The situation of the rest of Europe or the UK (even if 100%) is rather irrelevant.
Old 24 Mar 2021, 23:24 (Ref:4042834)   #503
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I just wish some heads would be banged together. This delay to vaccines is not on, what with people’s lives at stake. How much longer do they have to wait? With the UK doing so well with it’s vaccine program, serious questions are being asked about how the rest of the Europe are mishandling it. I just hope common sense happens soon

There have been times the UK has been the laughing stock of Europe, but no one’s laughing now
Old 26 Mar 2021, 12:55 (Ref:4043098)   #504
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lots of fun chat today about how the UK might make France a red listed country.

I believe it's to do with an increasing % of the South African variant among French COVID cases. Quite a few people saying the AZ vaccine isn't very effective against it.

There's always something hey...
Old 26 Mar 2021, 13:00 (Ref:4043099)   #505
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
'Quite a few people....' Any who actually know what they're talking about?
Old 26 Mar 2021, 15:27 (Ref:4043114)   #506
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
'Quite a few people....' Any who actually know what they're talking about?
No, they are politicians so very doubtful. Have faith and keep your fingers crossed.
Old 26 Mar 2021, 18:29 (Ref:4043153)   #507
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
On the plus side - the French vaccine rollout seems to be picking up pace. 400k in a day. Over 1m in the last 3 days. Promising signs.
Old 26 Mar 2021, 20:30 (Ref:4043169)   #508
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's good news....
Old 27 Mar 2021, 20:16 (Ref:4043334)   #509
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
On the plus side - the French vaccine rollout seems to be picking up pace. 400k in a day. Over 1m in the last 3 days. Promising signs.
Yes but the vaccines go to the region classified red by the authorities. Here we are not still red

Envoyé de mon SM-A600FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 31 Mar 2021, 09:48 (Ref:4044035)   #510
Lutzvic
Racer

Lutzvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Yes but the vaccines go to the region classified red by the authorities. Here we are not still red

Envoyé de mon SM-A600FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Any news on the vaccination process in France? From the stats it looks like it's going around 11% at the moment.
In Hungary politic speaks out for participation with immunity card( vaccination proof) on summer festivals and sport events.
Do the French government has same views?
We have 5 month to go....I'm still optimistic that we can be there.....
(please spare me with political discussions if an immunity card is correct or not)
just let's get stick to the facts
Old 31 Mar 2021, 14:32 (Ref:4044070)   #511
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Compared with other countries it could look a bit slow. Let's say it is working. Johnson vaccine arrives soon. Maybe it will permit to accelerate.
About "imunity card", at this moment some countries ask for negative tcr test to let people entering, I think this kind of card could become universal.
We have only to wait.....
Old 31 Mar 2021, 15:33 (Ref:4044075)   #512
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Now I've had my first vaccine I'm all for an immunity card. Funny how that works isn't it.

A French friend was telling me a lot of summer music festivals have already been cancelled in France. So that's slightly worrying. But things can look different in August. If the ACO can hold out it could be to their benefit.
Old 31 Mar 2021, 19:40 (Ref:4044108)   #513
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Now I've had my first vaccine I'm all for an immunity card. Funny how that works isn't it.

A French friend was telling me a lot of summer music festivals have already been cancelled in France. So that's slightly worrying. But things can look different in August. If the ACO can hold out it could be to their benefit.
The ACO will have to make their minds up long before August.
They plan, or planned, to start selling tickets in April.
Summer concerts are being cancelled because the organisers are unable to comply with rules about social distancing and everyone being seated throughout the event. The ACO faces those same restrictions.
The whole of France is being subjected to a new lock-down until the end of April with schools and non-essential shops closed and journeys of over 10 kms only allowed in special circumstances.
Old 31 Mar 2021, 19:51 (Ref:4044113)   #514
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
The government expects to reopen under conditions terraces and some culture centers in the middle of may and want to work from mid may to the beginning of summer to reopen leasure-sports-events centers and bars and restaurants.
Old 31 Mar 2021, 20:03 (Ref:4044116)   #515
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
It will be interesting to see the government's road map for opening the country up again and what conditions it will be subject to.
We had one starting in December 2020, but it never got to the starting post.
Old 2 Apr 2021, 17:15 (Ref:4044393)   #516
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
24h Moto cancelled

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2021/0...-canceled.html
Old 2 Apr 2021, 17:57 (Ref:4044397)   #517
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
The government expects to reopen under conditions terraces and some culture centers in the middle of may and want to work from mid may to the beginning of summer to reopen leasure-sports-events centers and bars and restaurants.
Expects is the right word. Is it the carott and the stick strategy or is it a wish or pure guess? I give a phone call to my doctor every week but he does not know when he will receive a vaccine, so no appointment possible (even though I'm now in the 60/70 range). We're not sorted yet. I think Peter is right to roll his tickets to 2022. Just my opinion, will be happy to proved wrong.
Old 2 Apr 2021, 20:50 (Ref:4044412)   #518
S griffin
Veteran

At least there are still 4 months till the race and progress is being made. Our country has done very well with the vaccine, just have to hope others start to pick up with it too. Things are getting better, although there are still a few hurdles to get over first. Obviously I can understand why some prefer to wait till next year to attend. However there is still hope for this year and I wish everyone who wants to attend this year, can do so. As I have said before, Le Mans ain’t the same without the fans, they have helped make it what it is
Old 2 Apr 2021, 22:37 (Ref:4044414)   #519
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Things are getting better
Are they, really?

We just entered the 3th wave of Covid-19 and a new lockdown has been announced.
Instead of things getting better, they look even worse.

Another casualty: Paris-Roubaix has been postponed
Old 3 Apr 2021, 07:09 (Ref:4044432)   #520
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Are they, really?
Of course not! They just announced that million of doses will be available soon. In reality, we dont even have the tests yet. Anyway, LM will happen. As to spectators…
Old 3 Apr 2021, 13:07 (Ref:4044467)   #521
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Of course not! They just announced that million of doses will be available soon. In reality, we dont even have the tests yet. Anyway, LM will happen. As to spectators…
SOON!! That's what we've heard for a long time!!!!
Old 3 Apr 2021, 14:07 (Ref:4044475)   #522
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
macron will soon announce that only those aged over 100 will be allowed to have the jab and then soon after will change that to only those aged under 10.
Old 3 Apr 2021, 14:10 (Ref:4044476)   #523
S griffin
Veteran

You really wonder what his vaccine policy is. He obviously didn’t plan it out very well
Old 6 Apr 2021, 09:54 (Ref:4044786)   #524
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
https://www.fiawec.com/en/news/sched...f-le-mans/7009

Some schedule and support race bits here. Most interesting thing for me is that they are running a five-hour Fun Cup event on the Friday - so the public roads will be closed off for the entirety through from Wednesday morning to post-race.

I think a Friday Pit Walk was never going to happen anyway this year regardless. Also can't see reference to the parade - also not a surprise.

Finally, it looks like they've pushed their ticketing information back from the end of this month into May. Which makes sense.
Old 6 Apr 2021, 11:13 (Ref:4044799)   #525
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No chance of a parade - no scrutineering in town either.