Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 25 Oct 2021, 15:26 (Ref:4079949)   #276
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
someone like Jordan would push Turks on and help develop the car better
Two factors that neither Turkington or WSR need at the moment - they are both perfectly capable of pushing on and developing a car. They are better served in that capacity (IMO) through funding and revenue - which Oliphant and Jelley bring to the team more than Jordan would.
Old 25 Oct 2021, 15:29 (Ref:4079951)   #277
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Two factors that neither Turkington or WSR need at the moment - they are both perfectly capable of pushing on and developing a car. They are better served in that capacity (IMO) through funding and revenue - which Oliphant and Jelley bring to the team more than Jordan would.
Irrelevant anyway as Jordan is very happy away from the BTCC, not least WSR of course! So it sounds like Oliphant is off then? Jelley I think is better off replaced, came to like him a lot more this season but all those poles and no wins is not the driver WSR needs, and it's not like he's at the start of his career.
Old 25 Oct 2021, 15:30 (Ref:4079952)   #278
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they had no chance for the team's title without a strong 2nd driver
Old 25 Oct 2021, 17:32 (Ref:4079972)   #279
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having Jordan fighting for a title against Turkington ultimately hindered them. They could do with a “better” number 2 driver, but not someone with the ego of Jordan or another “number 1” driver. Jelley is perfect as a number 3, but they need a new number 2 really. Mat Jackson would be the dream really, as he is a number 1 level potentially, but would be a little off that with a few years away. Cammish in RWD would be another good shout, but bound to be budget limitations with both of those, so may be a case of finding a very quick young driver, which is easier said than done.
Old 25 Oct 2021, 18:24 (Ref:4079981)   #280
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Carl Boardley owns a TBL so if he's on his way out of the BTCC thats one Bert Taylor could pick up for his new team, where's the second coming from? Assuming he wants to rubn more than just the one car for Chris Smiley?
Old 25 Oct 2021, 18:47 (Ref:4079990)   #281
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Carl Boardley owns a TBL so if he's on his way out of the BTCC thats one Bert Taylor could pick up for his new team, where's the second coming from? Assuming he wants to rubn more than just the one car for Chris Smiley?
Carl Boardley owns two TBLs.
Old 25 Oct 2021, 19:48 (Ref:4079996)   #282
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Carl Boardley owns two TBLs.
Yep could force Team HARD down to 3 cars, unless they can purchase another TBL from elsewhere.
Old 26 Oct 2021, 19:13 (Ref:4080202)   #283
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Motus One have got their hands on one of the NGTC A-Classes.

(via their Instagram)
Old 26 Oct 2021, 20:50 (Ref:4080208)   #284
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Motus One have got their hands on one of the NGTC A-Classes.
Probably for TCT. Unlikely they would use that for BTCC
Old 26 Oct 2021, 21:08 (Ref:4080209)   #285
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Agreed. The car is also used in posts alongside the tags -

Motus One’s Mercedes A-Class NGTC is ready for action!

#tct #touringcartrophy #touringcars #motorsport #testing #silverstone #sendit #racecar #racer

I also think it is used for prospective drivers to get testing mileage in an NGTC-spec car.
Old 26 Oct 2021, 21:16 (Ref:4080210)   #286
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Yeah, looks like it has had / may have outings in Britcar as well.
Old 26 Oct 2021, 21:53 (Ref:4080216)   #287
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's the ex-Team Hard Mercedes-Benz tested by 11 different drivers in 2020 but only raced by a couple in TCT. It'll be out in TCT if allowed next year.
Old 26 Oct 2021, 22:12 (Ref:4080218)   #288
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's the car raced by Toby Bearne in TCT this year. The Darron Lewis car has also just been sold.
Old 28 Oct 2021, 07:19 (Ref:4080371)   #289
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like Gow will get his way in terms of smaller teams, with the exception of the Excelr8 & TPC combo.
Old 28 Oct 2021, 07:42 (Ref:4080376)   #290
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
Looks like Gow will get his way in terms of smaller teams, with the exception of the Excelr8 & TPC combo.
Interesting - do you have a source reference?

Is this a split of the HARD./BMR/Laser camp?
HARD. itself reducing in size?
Or is Motorbase dropping from 4 cars?

If you say 'with the exception of Excelr8/TPC', then does that mean <4 Cupras and <4 Fords next season?
Old 28 Oct 2021, 09:52 (Ref:4080391)   #291
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I do wonder if we will see teams with less drivers next season. HARD have got their own team, I don't see BMR coming back, they are only doing engineering.

But yes I can see HARD not having four cars next year and who knows about Motorbase? And what will Excelr8 do?
Old 28 Oct 2021, 12:14 (Ref:4080412)   #292
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Interesting - do you have a source reference?

Is this a split of the HARD./BMR/Laser camp?
HARD. itself reducing in size?
Or is Motorbase dropping from 4 cars?

If you say 'with the exception of Excelr8/TPC', then does that mean <4 Cupras and <4 Fords next season?
It's mainly the Laser Tools/BMR/Team Hard split. As Boardely has 2 of the TBL's the purchaser wants both, so unless HARD can get another TBL they may have to drop to 3 cars.

Expect Excelr8 and TPC to stay the same. Motorbase too but depends on what MB do, plus sponsorship deals. Pete Osborne whilst a racer is very much a businessman.

They are paddock rumblings from various Team bosses, journos and drivers.
Old 29 Oct 2021, 10:34 (Ref:4080539)   #293
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I wouldn’t mind seeing teams with less cars, if it gives other teams a chance to enter
Old 29 Oct 2021, 15:30 (Ref:4080579)   #294
Rowbo01
Rookie

Rowbo01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love this time of year... :-)
Old 29 Oct 2021, 15:45 (Ref:4080581)   #295
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowbo01 View Post
At least you shouldn’t be the centre of attention this winter, unless you tell us otherwise
Old 29 Oct 2021, 16:15 (Ref:4080584)   #296
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hopefully your future on the grid is safe
Old 29 Oct 2021, 17:59 (Ref:4080594)   #297
Overboost
Racer

Quote:
Well I'm sure you've seen you aren't immune to being in the rumour mix even after a stellar season. Butcher's taking your seat apparently

I'll file that away with the Cook to Team HARD rumours under the 'where did that come from'?
Old 29 Oct 2021, 20:56 (Ref:4080613)   #298
Rowbo01
Rookie

Rowbo01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
Well I'm sure you've seen you aren't immune to being in the rumour mix even after a stellar season. Butcher's taking your seat apparently

I'll file that away with the Cook to Team HARD rumours under the 'where did that come from'?
Lolz…

I’m pretty safe I reckon, unless the big man sacks me?? ?

We are ready to rock and roll, let’s get our hybrid on!!

?

Oh yea, I also heard Jake is taking my seat, so it’s all fun and games!
Old 29 Oct 2021, 21:09 (Ref:4080614)   #299
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Quote:
Lolz…

I’m pretty safe I reckon, unless the big man sacks me?? ?

We are ready to rock and roll, let’s get our hybrid on!!

?

Oh yea, I also heard Jake is taking my seat, so it’s all fun and games!
Oh that’s a new one about Jake Hope he doesn’t get his mate Matt to sack you so he can pinch your drive

I believe the Cook/Cammish/Moffat/Bushell to Team HARD rumours are due to one seat being subsided and all of those (bar Moffat if Laser stick around) being short on funds.

But who knows really?
Old 29 Oct 2021, 21:23 (Ref:4080615)   #300
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Thanks for coming back on here, Rowbo. I think we were all massively impressed with your first season with your first season for Team Dynamics, and I can't think of a single other occasion in motorsport where a driver has improved that much from one season to a next (I assume you and Morgan weren't always driving equal cars in 2019). It's great that you will be staying for next year, and I for one am convinced that Matt Neal will also be returning in a third Dynamics car.