Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 20 Dec 2021, 13:17 (Ref:4090677)   #926
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Neal will be back driving in 2022.
Old 20 Dec 2021, 15:30 (Ref:4090695)   #927
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Neal has said in several interviews on podcasts that he would never want to outstay his welcome in the championship and didn't want to slide towards ths back of the grid. He hasn't been in a title hunt for a decade so I doubt he'll want to return to get beaten up by the midfeld dross again. He's enjoyed his team boss role this year. His time is doe and wants to pass on his knowledge to the next generation like Rowbo.
I'm of an opinion that this would be very reasonable and the best option, not only because I've never been a fan of him but also because I prefer seeing younger talents rather than 50-year olds driving past their prime time but I'm almost sure Neal will be back.
Old 20 Dec 2021, 15:39 (Ref:4090699)   #928
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We now have one Jack Sears driver, and another seems to be all but confirmed.
Butel has confirmed on Social Media that he has everything in place for a BTCC seat in 2022, and has tagged Exceler8 (and Lucas Batteries) in the posts.

Not quite a formal press release, so I'm not seeing it as a confirmed drive, but it's pretty close.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Entry List.png  
Old 20 Dec 2021, 15:44 (Ref:4090700)   #929
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why do you list Boardley as it has been said that he won't return as a driver ?

why isn't Turkington listed at WSR given his last interview with Dick Bennets?

how come Moffat still has a question mark given that the whole entry has his name ?

Last edited by porsche962fan; 20 Dec 2021 at 16:01.
Old 20 Dec 2021, 16:03 (Ref:4090710)   #930
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Laser tools lineup confirmed:

https://www.btcc.net/2021/12/20/dext...-tools-racing/
Old 20 Dec 2021, 16:07 (Ref:4090712)   #931
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
why do you list Boardley as it has been said that he won't return as a driver ?

why Isn't Turkington listed at WSR given his last interview with Dick Bennets?

how come Moffat still has a question mark given that the whole entry has his name ?
In order of the questions:
  • An entry has been registered against TBL's in Boardley's name. AFAIK, no formal public statement has been made confirming that Boardley is not going to drive. If you have a formal announcement of not entering, please provide and I'll update. Other rumours suggest Boardley is connected to the potential new RWD entry, so until formally confirmed as out / in, it's a ?
  • Do you have a link to the Turkington interview? Turkington has ended seasons before and found himself without a drive the following year. I have not seen anything formal linking Turkington to a 2022 drive anywhere on the grid, and the rumoured withdrawal of BMW support at WSR would put his seat there in jeopardy. As before, if you have anything more firm then I'll gladly update the table.
  • The entry in Moffat's name is a registered TBL, not the confirmation of the drivers for that team. It could be argued that the TBL's in the name of Moffat are the same as the TBL's entered in the name of Boardley. There are 2x TBL's entered in the name of Boardley - but that is still not confirmation of the driver. 'Aiden Moffat Racing' is the name of the company that holds the TBL's, not necessarily the name of the driver (although highly likely he will drive).

To clarify - the confirmed entries in the table are those where a formal press release has been made that confirmed the driver for that team in 2022. Where there are strong links, they are recorded with a ?, and pure speculation without being attributed to an official BTCC related source has been kept away from the table. TBL's just confirm the team / company that has registered an entry, and is not necessarily a confirmed drive. That is true for the following, where BTCC drivers are part of the company ownership:
Boardley Motorsport - Carl Boardley
Aiden Moffat Racing - Aiden Moffat
Team Dynamics - Matt Neal
Team HARD - Tony Gilham
Old 20 Dec 2021, 16:11 (Ref:4090713)   #932
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
And with that - another update!

Apologies for the quick succession - but some clarity is now forming.
There is also confirmation that Moffat and HARD are working together again for 2022.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Entry List.png  
Old 20 Dec 2021, 16:12 (Ref:4090714)   #933
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
In order of the questions:
  • An entry has been registered against TBL's in Boardley's name. AFAIK, no formal public statement has been made confirming that Boardley is not going to drive. If you have a formal announcement of not entering, please provide and I'll update. Other rumours suggest Boardley is connected to the potential new RWD entry, so until formally confirmed as out / in, it's a ?
  • Do you have a link to the Turkington interview? Turkington has ended seasons before and found himself without a drive the following year. I have not seen anything formal linking Turkington to a 2022 drive anywhere on the grid, and the rumoured withdrawal of BMW support at WSR would put his seat there in jeopardy. As before, if you have anything more firm then I'll gladly update the table.
  • The entry in Moffat's name is a registered TBL, not the confirmation of the drivers for that team. It could be argued that the TBL's in the name of Moffat are the same as the TBL's entered in the name of Boardley. There are 2x TBL's entered in the name of Boardley - but that is still not confirmation of the driver. 'Aiden Moffat Racing' is the name of the company that holds the TBL's, not necessarily the name of the driver (although highly likely he will drive).

To clarify - the confirmed entries in the table are those where a formal press release has been made that confirmed the driver for that team in 2022. Where there are strong links, they are recorded with a ?, and pure speculation without being attributed to an official BTCC related source has been kept away from the table. TBL's just confirm the team / company that has registered an entry, and is not necessarily a confirmed drive. That is true for the following, where BTCC drivers are part of the company ownership:
Boardley Motorsport - Carl Boardley
Aiden Moffat Racing - Aiden Moffat
Team Dynamics - Matt Neal
Team HARD - Tony Gilham
I’m guessing you can add Moffat to your list because the press release says Patterson is joining Moffat at laser tools
Old 20 Dec 2021, 16:12 (Ref:4090715)   #934
porsche962fan
Veteran

updated Laser Tools lineup ( article confirms the Infiniti too) and Butel in Hyundai

Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - Gordon Shedden ??
Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - Dan Rowbotten
Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - Matt Neal ???

Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Josh Cook ????
Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Jade Edwards ??
Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Michael Crees ??
Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Senna Proctor ??

BMW 330 - WSR - Colin Turkington ?
BMW 330 - WSR - Sthephen Jelley ??
BMW 330 - WSR - ????

BMW 330 - Ciceley - Adam Morgan
BMW 330 - Ciceley - ????

Hyundai I30 - EXCELR8 Motorsport - Tom Ingram
Hyundai I30 - EXCELR8 Motorsport - ????
Hyundai I30 - EXCELR8 Motorsport - ????
Hyundai I30 - EXCELR8 Motorsport - Jack Butel ?

Ford Focus - Motorbase (NAPA) - Dan Cammish
Ford Focus - Motorbase (NAPA) - Ash Sutton ?
Ford Focus - Motorbase - Sam Osborne
Ford Focus - Motorbase - Ollie Jackson

Toyota Corolla - Speedworks - Rory Butcher ????
Toyota Corolla - Speedworks - ????
Toyota Corolla - Speedworks - ????

Cupra Leon - HARD - Jack Goff
Cupra Leon - HARD - Aron Taylor Smith
Cupra Leon - HARD - ?????

Infiniti Q50 - Aiden Moffat Racing - Aiden Moffat
Infiniti Q50 - Aiden Moffat Racing - Dexter Patterson

Infiniti Q50 ??? - Boardley Motorsport - ?????
Infiniti Q50 ??? - Boardley Motorsport - ?????

Vauxhall Astra ??? - PMR - ????
Vauxhall Astra ??? - PMR - ????

Last edited by porsche962fan; 20 Dec 2021 at 16:34.
Old 20 Dec 2021, 16:21 (Ref:4090716)   #935
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Without sounding too harsh but laser tools racing, who?
Old 20 Dec 2021, 16:22 (Ref:4090717)   #936
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
[*]Do you have a link to the Turkington interview? Turkington has ended seasons before and found himself without a drive the following year. I have not seen anything formal linking Turkington to a 2022 drive anywhere on the grid, and the rumoured withdrawal of BMW support at WSR would put his seat there in jeopardy. As before, if you have anything more firm then I'll gladly update the table
you forgot the one he did with Dick Bennets duiring the final celebrations at Brands Hatch GP, he clearly stated the intent to return with WSR and was hopefull to announce something in the next coming weeks...
Old 20 Dec 2021, 16:24 (Ref:4090718)   #937
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
Without sounding too harsh but laser tools racing, who?
I am not a fan of listing teams by their sponsor title , I generally stick with their actual team name besides it's more fun to hear Aiden Moffat racing for Aiden Moffat Racing

BTW anyone fancy Jason Plato at Team Dynamics replacing Shedden ?

Last edited by porsche962fan; 20 Dec 2021 at 16:38.
Old 20 Dec 2021, 16:42 (Ref:4090723)   #938
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Quote:
I am not a fan of listing teams by their sponsor title , I generally stick with their actual team name besides it's more fun to hear Aiden Moffat racing for Aiden Moffat Racing

I wasn't on about the name I meant their new driver. I'd love to see Matt and JP join forces would be a fitting way for them to see out their careers I think
Old 20 Dec 2021, 17:12 (Ref:4090732)   #939
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dexter Patterson along side Aiden.
Old 20 Dec 2021, 17:14 (Ref:4090733)   #940
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
I wasn't on about the name I meant their new driver.
I guess Moffat came from nowhere too. Will reserve judgement until race 1 That said, with no tin-top experience I'm sure there were better rookies to choose from, money notwithstanding.
Old 20 Dec 2021, 17:18 (Ref:4090738)   #941
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
why does the photo of dexter remind me of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuq_e0HZ6sk&t=13s
Old 20 Dec 2021, 18:45 (Ref:4090745)   #942
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Plato said “I quite fancy driving one of your Hondas next year” to Neal today on Twitter. Would love to see it.
Old 20 Dec 2021, 19:07 (Ref:4090749)   #943
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
I guess Moffat came from nowhere too. Will reserve judgement until race 1 That said, with no tin-top experience I'm sure there were better rookies to choose from, money notwithstanding.
That's all you can do. Give him a chance.
Old 20 Dec 2021, 20:53 (Ref:4090757)   #944
S700UBO
Racer

Scotland
Inverness
S700UBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting take here by Aiden and Moffat Racing to take on a complete rookie but thing this shows more for a 2023 season as opposed to 2022.

Anyone been watching On The limit?
Old 20 Dec 2021, 21:43 (Ref:4090760)   #945
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So what happened to BTC Bert’s comeback?
Old 20 Dec 2021, 21:44 (Ref:4090762)   #946
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Boardley's TBL's?
Old 20 Dec 2021, 22:11 (Ref:4090763)   #947
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Thats all gone very quiet... 2 Instagram posts in September and nothing since.
Old 21 Dec 2021, 09:31 (Ref:4090799)   #948
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
New Laser Tools Infiniti driver is quite a surprise, but I wish him the best. Does seem Sutton might be on his way out
Old 21 Dec 2021, 09:48 (Ref:4090800)   #949
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
New Laser Tools Infiniti driver is quite a surprise, but I wish him the best. Does seem Sutton might be on his way out
Yes - interesting choice.

And just to confirm that Sutton will not be in a Laser Tools Infiniti for 2022:
Moffat and Paterson form all-Scottish line-up at Laser Tools
Old 21 Dec 2021, 09:57 (Ref:4090801)   #950
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some interesting insights from the 'On the Limit' series. Chilton had various engineers over the season, something that won't have helped him at all. Im not sure if the changes were trying to find someone he could work with, but you would have thought a team like Cicely would have that sorted. On the flip side, Ash makes comment that him, his engineer and No1 mechanic move as a trio.