Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 31 Oct 2022, 17:45 (Ref:4132238)   #551
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanner monkey View Post
WSR to be sold to MB Racing/Rokit
Lazer tools/Moffat to join with Dynamics for 2 x 2 car teams
gosh some people talk nonsense on forums
Old 31 Oct 2022, 19:00 (Ref:4132247)   #552
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Are Dynamics bringing in Volvo or Kia?
Old 31 Oct 2022, 19:03 (Ref:4132248)   #553
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what ever happened with Aunt Sally ?
Old 31 Oct 2022, 20:02 (Ref:4132252)   #554
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
what ever happened with Aunt Sally ?
Aunt Sally is still about, just doesn’t post or posts under a different name
Old 31 Oct 2022, 20:19 (Ref:4132255)   #555
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
50% of half of this post is accurate.

It's 2023's version of 3 unsigned seats......
Old 31 Oct 2022, 21:00 (Ref:4132256)   #556
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
http://www.mini7.co.uk/2023-calendar...eaturing-btcc/
As expected, Mini's to run as BTCC support at Thruxton
Old 31 Oct 2022, 21:25 (Ref:4132259)   #557
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Nice, missed them this year. Shame it's just the one round!
Old 1 Nov 2022, 08:19 (Ref:4132292)   #558
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Excellent news. Real racing again. I hope they don't show up the BTCC races too much!
Old 1 Nov 2022, 09:02 (Ref:4132295)   #559
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As expected, the Legends will be joining the BTCC at Brands, Croft and Knockhill

https://legendsracingeurope.com/sens...-cars-in-2023/
Old 1 Nov 2022, 09:03 (Ref:4132296)   #560
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.btcc.net/2022/11/01/three-event-btcc-support-slot-confirmed-for-legends-cars-championship-in-2023/

Legends confirmed for Brands Indy, Croft and Knockhill.
Old 1 Nov 2022, 09:21 (Ref:4132297)   #561
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://twitter.com/berttcr/status/1...021378049?s=21

Bert Taylor and Smiley committed to TCR - doesn't seem like the BTCC is on their agenda for the time being. In fact noticed he's changed his handle to 'berttcr'!
Old 1 Nov 2022, 09:52 (Ref:4132300)   #562
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FINAL CALENDAR

Donington Park National 22/23 April
BTCC
British F4
MINI JCW
Porsche Carrera Cup GB
Porsche Sprint Challenge GB

Brands Hatch Indy 6/7 May
BTCC
British F4
MINI JCW
Porsche Carrera Cup GB
Legends Cars Championship

Snetterton 20/21 May
BTCC
British F4
MINI JCW
Porsche Sprint Challenge
Radical Cup UK

Thruxton 3/4 June
BTCC
British F4
MINI Trophy
Porsche Carrera Cup GB
Mini Miglia/Mini Se7ens

Oulton Park 17/18 June
BTCC
British F4
MINI JCW
Porsche Carrera Cup GB
Radical Cup UK

Croft 29/30 July
BTCC
British F4
MINI Trophy
Porsche Sprint Challenge

Knockhill 12/13 August
BTCC
British F4
MINI JCW
Porsche Carrera Cup GB

Donington GP August 26/27
BTCC
British F4
MINI Trophy
Porsche Carrera Cup GB
Porsche Sprint Challenge

Silverstone National September 23/24
BTCC
MINI JCW
Porsche Carrera Cup GB
Porsche Sprint Challenge
Caterham Seven Championship UK

Brands Hatch GP October 7/8
BTCC
British F4
MINI JCW
Porsche Carrera Cup GB
Porsche Sprint Challenge
Old 1 Nov 2022, 12:54 (Ref:4132316)   #563
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It’s nice to see them continuing to rotate different support series in each meeting
Old 2 Nov 2022, 12:20 (Ref:4132417)   #564
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
https://www.btcc.net/2022/11/02/toca...ation-changes/

- Top Ten qualifying shootout at 5 meetings
- Option Tyres
- hybrid for max 50% laps plus lower deployment speed for most of the field; more restriction and higher deployment speed for top 7
Old 2 Nov 2022, 12:30 (Ref:4132421)   #565
Evantra
Veteran

England
The qualifying shootout seems ok, particularly at shorter circuits where traffic is more of an issue, but think it'll get confusing doing it at half the rounds and not the others.

Less said about those tyres the better!

Hybrid sounds like it's got even more complicated... hopefully it becomes clearer in practice.

"All year I’ve been asked by teams and drivers to bring the option tyre back for 2023, as they really enjoy the challenge it provides." Hmm... not convinced, don't remember ever hearing a positive comment about it!
Old 2 Nov 2022, 12:34 (Ref:4132423)   #566
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Top Ten Showdown (which by no means is a shootout) is quite a nice change - nothing revolutionary but ok.
However, not going to lie, I'm not a fan of remaining two changes. Option tyres combined with amended hybrid rules will again provide more gimmicky racing but that was to be expected, wasn't it.
Old 2 Nov 2022, 12:43 (Ref:4132425)   #567
Jon411
Racer

Guernsey
Jon411 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The tactical use of the Hybrid should mix things up a bit more.

Potentially if we have another situation like Colin at Silverstone with no deployment it could give the driver a bit more of a chance to make up places if it does go wrong also.

Will be interesting to see if the changes in deployment speed cause the FWD Teams to start suggesting it gives an unfair advantage to RWD as wasn't that the reason as to why the deployment speed was set as it was in the first place?
Old 2 Nov 2022, 12:45 (Ref:4132427)   #568
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
The qualifying shootout seems ok, particularly at shorter circuits where traffic is more of an issue, but think it'll get confusing doing it at half the rounds and not the others.
Not confusing to me. The V8s in Australia rotate their qualifying format often and nobody really complains. I'm a big fan of the shootout.
Old 2 Nov 2022, 13:21 (Ref:4132434)   #569
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Hybrid sounds like it's got even more complicated... hopefully it becomes clearer in practice.
Took me a couple of reads to try to understand it and I’m still not entirely sure it makes sense. Capping cars 8-31 (32?) at 50% of the laps seems backwards and I think it’ll create a bigger gap between the front and the back of the grid.

I guess it doesn’t really matter though. Most viewers don’t care about how or why the cars do what they do, as long as there’s racing.
Old 2 Nov 2022, 13:48 (Ref:4132437)   #570
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
Took me a couple of reads to try to understand it and I’m still not entirely sure it makes sense. Capping cars 8-31 (32?) at 50% of the laps seems backwards and I think it’ll create a bigger gap between the front and the back of the grid.

I guess it doesn’t really matter though. Most viewers don’t care about how or why the cars do what they do, as long as there’s racing.
As I understand it, the application for races would be someting like (figures are indicative, not absolute - based on a 18 lap race):

PositionHybrid LapsHybrid deployment speed (minimum) 
11100kph 
22100kph 
33100kph 
44100kph 
55100kph 
67100kph 
78100kph 
8980kph 
9980kph 
31980kph 
Old 2 Nov 2022, 14:45 (Ref:4132447)   #571
redshoes
Veteran

Reducing the number of laps gets round the previous issue where the 10th place car could use hybrid on 17 of the 18 laps, but as no-one could use on the first lap it made no difference compared to those behind.

The change in deployment speed means another challenge for the drivers, as depending on results the deployment point could change throughout the weekend. I'm sure most drivers learn to anticipate where hybrid will be available exiting a corner, just as the learn the braking points. You spend all free practice / qualifying anticipating when hybrid will be available, then that point changes forward or backwards depending on what deployment speed you now have.
Old 2 Nov 2022, 15:26 (Ref:4132456)   #572
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
As I understand it, the application for races would be someting like (figures are indicative, not absolute - based on a 18 lap race):

PositionHybrid LapsHybrid deployment speed (minimum) 
11100kph 
22100kph 
33100kph 
44100kph 
55100kph 
67100kph 
78100kph 
8980kph 
9980kph 
31980kph 
That is how I understand it too. Then cars 1-8 get less than 50% laps to use it (on a sliding scale), 9-31 get 50% of laps to use.

It will bring more tactics into play, eg you start low down so use it up early in the race to make up places, but others you have passed are saving for the end, so then try and battle back past in the closing stages.

This year there was often a stalemate when so many cars were using the additional power in the same places - it means the same defense/attack can't be used on every single lap.
Old 2 Nov 2022, 15:29 (Ref:4132457)   #573
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
Then cars 1-8 get less than 50% laps to use it (on a sliding scale), 9-31 get 50% of laps to use.
I think this is the key phrase.
Old 3 Nov 2022, 07:12 (Ref:4132498)   #574
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Just one minor update this week - Sam Osborne has talked about being with the team for 2023, so is pencilled in.

2022 TBL Team Car Driver Status Jack Sears
EXCELR8-1Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback NIngram Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-2Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback NChilton Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-3Excelr8 Hyundai i30 Fastback NLloyd?Talked about being confident of 2023 drive Inel.
EXCELR8-4Excelr8 Hyundai i30 Fastback N??? ???
Team Dynamics-1Halfords/Cataclean?Civic?Shedden?Talked about next year with the teamInel.
Team Dynamics-2Halfords/Cataclean?Civic?Rowbottom?Talked about next year with the teamInel.
Aiden Moffat-1Laser Tools????Moffat?Infiniti described as being end of life by the teamInel.
Aiden Moffat-2Laser Tools???????Infiniti described as being end of life by the team???
Motorbase-1NAPA Racing???Sutton Confirmed as 3-year deal in press release, talk of new build carInel.
Motorbase-2NAPA Racing???Cammish Confirmed as 3-year deal in press release, talk of new build carInel.
Motorbase-3??????Osborne?Talked about looking forward to next year with the teamElig.
Motorbase-4     
HARD.-1HARD. Cupra Taylor-Smith Confirmed as multi-year in press release Inel.
HARD.-2HARD. CupraThompson? Talked about his next year in the car Inel.
HARD.-3HARD. CupraHamilton? Talked about his next year in the car Inel.
Speedworks-1Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla?Butcher?Talked about wanting another year with the teamInel.
Speedworks-2     
WSR-1     
WSR-2     
WSR-3 MB Motorsport?BMW 330e?Hill?Talked about being back next year in the same teamInel.
Ciceley-1     
Ciceley-2     
PMR-1PMRAstra? Hand Confirmed as multi-year in press release Elig.
PMR-2     
BTC-1 Rich Energy BTC Racing??????? Reported as considering a new build???
BTC-2 Rich Energy BTC Racing??????? Reported as considering a new build???
BTC-3 Rich Energy BTC Racing??????? Reported as considering a new build???
Boardley-1??????Boardley? Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Elig.
Boardley-2     
TOCA-1     
TOCA-2     
TOCA-3     
???Graves Motorsport????Max Coates? Outlined plans for an entry in 2021Elig.
???Parker Motorsport?Alfa Giulia????Press release states a planned return after hybrid is introduced???
???Parker Motorsport?Alfa Giulia????Press release states a planned return after hybrid is introduced???
???     
???MB Motorsport??????Talked about a 2-car entry for 2023???
???Bert Taylor Racing?????? Talked about getting a TBL for 2023 ???
?????????Proctor? Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Inel.
?????????Smelt? Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Elig.
???VolvoKiaT.Harvey Rumoured in threads every year, has to be true one day Inel.
Old 3 Nov 2022, 10:14 (Ref:4132506)   #575
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Having a top 10 shootout at 50% of the races is fine. Not so sure about bringing back option tyres though