Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 1 Dec 2022, 08:49 (Ref:4135658)   #726
VXDave
Racer

VXDave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
One other detail I noticed in the article is the sentence 'Morgan will [be] making his Manufacturers/Constructors debut'

This confirms the category in which WSR will enter, and strongly suggests that at least two cars are likely to be 'Team BMW'.
Sounds most likely doesn't it, although it is also true that because it's a Manufacturers / Constructors title these days, some teams enter even without proper manufacturer backing (Motorbase last year for example - no Ford branding whatsoever if memory serves).
Old 1 Dec 2022, 09:09 (Ref:4135659)   #727
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VXDave View Post
Sounds most likely doesn't it, although it is also true that because it's a Manufacturers / Constructors title these days, some teams enter even without proper manufacturer backing (Motorbase last year for example - no Ford branding whatsoever if memory serves).
That is because Motorbase are a constructor
Old 1 Dec 2022, 09:22 (Ref:4135660)   #728
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VXDave View Post
True - some teams opt to enter as a constructor without manufacturer backing.
It does seem a bit unclear from the outside at times.

For example:
HARD. are the team behind the Cupra entries, but have never been entered as a Constructor.
In 2021 Team Dynamics was an Independent entry, but for 2022 they reverted to being a Constructor again.
PMR was a Constructor in 2019, but was an Independent entry in 2020 with the same cars.
Motorbase was an Independent entry in 2020, but the same cars were entered as a Constructor in 2021.
Excelr8 was an Independent entry in 2021, but the same cars were entered as a Constructor in 2022.
Old 1 Dec 2022, 09:23 (Ref:4135661)   #729
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The WSR/Morgan announcement, along with the associated details in the press releases, firms up a bit more of the grid:

2022 TBL Team Car Driver Status Jack Sears
EXCELR8-1Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback NIngram Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-2Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback NChilton Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-3Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.com Hyundai i30 Fastback NLloyd?Talked about being confident of 2023 drive Inel.
EXCELR8-4Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback NHalsteadConfirmed in press releaseElig.
Team Dynamics-1Halfords/Cataclean?Civic?Shedden?Talked about next year with the teamInel.
Team Dynamics-2Halfords/Cataclean?Civic?Rowbottom?Talked about next year with the teamInel.
Aiden Moffat-1Laser Tools????Moffat?Infiniti described as being end of life by the teamInel.
Aiden Moffat-2Laser Tools???????Infiniti described as being end of life by the team???
Motorbase-1NAPA Racing???Sutton Confirmed as 3-year deal in press release, talk of new build carInel.
Motorbase-2NAPA Racing???Cammish Confirmed as 3-year deal in press release, talk of new build carInel.
Motorbase-3??????Osborne?Talked about looking forward to next year with the teamElig.
Motorbase-4     
HARD.-1HARD. Cupra Taylor-Smith Confirmed as multi-year in press release Inel.
HARD.-2HARD. CupraThompson? Talked about his next year in the car Inel.
HARD.-3HARD. CupraHamilton? Talked about his next year in the car Inel.
WSR-1Team BMW/Ciceley Commercials?BMW 330eMorganConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-2Team BMW? BMW 330eTurkington?Confirmed entry in press releaseInel.
WSR-3MB Motorsport?BMW 330eHill?Talked about being back next year in the same teamInel.
Ciceley-1MB Motorsport? BMW 330eJelley?MB talked about a 2-car entry for 2023 – WSR confirmed as a 4-car entryInel.
Ciceley-2Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla????Ciceley confirmed departure from championship – Speedworks rumoured to have acquired TBL???
Speedworks-1Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla?Butcher?Talked about wanting another year with the teamInel.
Speedworks-2Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla??????????
PMR-1PMRAstra? Hand Confirmed as multi-year in press release Elig.
PMR-2     
BTC-1 Rich Energy BTC Racing??????? Reported as considering a new build???
BTC-2 Rich Energy BTC Racing??????? Reported as considering a new build???
BTC-3 Rich Energy BTC Racing??????? Reported as considering a new build???
Boardley-1??????Boardley?Has described 2022 as a sabbaticalElig.
Boardley-2     
TOCA-1     
TOCA-2     
TOCA-3     
???Graves Motorsport????Max Coates? Outlined plans for an entry in 2021Elig.
???Parker Motorsport?Alfa Giulia????Press release states a planned return after hybrid is introduced???
???Parker Motorsport?Alfa Giulia????Press release states a planned return after hybrid is introduced???
???Bert Taylor Racing?????? Talked about getting a TBL for 2023 ???
?????????Proctor? Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Inel.
?????????Smelt? Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Elig.
???VolvoKiaT.Harvey Rumoured in threads every year, has to be true one day Inel.
Old 1 Dec 2022, 10:31 (Ref:4135663)   #730
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon411 View Post
According to the Autosport article, WSR have purchased one of the Ciceley TBLs and both of the cars but has said they are not interested in running a 5th no matter who gives them a call.

Dick has asked Motorbase if they fancied the 5th BMW for Ash (I think that was a bit tongue in cheek somehow)
so that begs the question who got the other TBL ?

well now at aleast Uncle Dick doesn't have to worry about space car anymore , or 006 was scrapped and they will use Gamble's one for Turkington ??
Old 1 Dec 2022, 10:40 (Ref:4135665)   #731
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
so that begs the question who got the other TBL ?

well now at aleast Uncle Dick doesn't have to worry about space car anymore , or 006 was scrapped and they will use Gamble's one for Turkington ??
Think one of the autosport articles said speedworks had the other
Old 1 Dec 2022, 10:42 (Ref:4135666)   #732
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdh View Post
Why - Collard has gone and frankly they seemed to struggle to run two cars!
Old 1 Dec 2022, 10:44 (Ref:4135668)   #733
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
3 Toyotas , if they can get good drivers they may a force but this season only Butcher showed results
Old 1 Dec 2022, 10:57 (Ref:4135672)   #734
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
It's strongly rumoured.

'WSR mopping up one of Ciceley’s TBL entrants’ licences to bring its total to four, with Toyota squad Speedworks Motorsport tipped to acquire the other to move up to three.'
Old 1 Dec 2022, 12:11 (Ref:4135686)   #735
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
3 Toyotas , if they can get good drivers they may a force but this season only Butcher showed results
Definitely agree. Butcher + another 2 such as Cook or Proctor or perhaps Gamble or Dan Lloyd would be great for Speedworks I think.
Old 1 Dec 2022, 12:32 (Ref:4135688)   #736
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
Definitely agree. Butcher + another 2 such as Cook or Proctor or perhaps Gamble or Dan Lloyd would be great for Speedworks I think.
It would definitely be great for the championship and for developing the car. I've always thought that Speedworks signing relative FWD rookies in Smelt and Collard was a misstep for car setup and R&D.
Old 1 Dec 2022, 14:06 (Ref:4135702)   #737
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
No surprise to see Morgan snapped up by WSR. This move could be the making of him. Dick Bennetts is a great mentor
Old 1 Dec 2022, 14:08 (Ref:4135705)   #738
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there a date when the TBL list will be announced?
Old 1 Dec 2022, 17:12 (Ref:4135735)   #739
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jake Hill to continue at WSR - https://www.btcc.net/2022/12/01/hill...title-assault/

No real Suprise there
Old 1 Dec 2022, 17:34 (Ref:4135742)   #740
SSmith
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
I haven't seen a confirmed date anywhere. Last year the TBL list was announced on December 2nd - so more than likely at some point within the next week.
Old 1 Dec 2022, 17:35 (Ref:4135744)   #741
SSmith
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
Jake Hill to continue at WSR - https://www.btcc.net/2022/12/01/hill...title-assault/

No real Suprise there
Happy to see him get another season at WSR. Consistency of team, car, engineering team should help him hit the ground running.
Old 1 Dec 2022, 18:24 (Ref:4135752)   #742
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
No surprise to see Morgan snapped up by WSR. This move could be the making of him. Dick Bennetts is a great mentor
I’m sure he was snapped up as part of a deal for team equipment, but will be interesting to see how he goes nonetheless.
Old 1 Dec 2022, 18:36 (Ref:4135755)   #743
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
I think maybe Crees and Hamilton to join Butcher at Speedworks and Smelt and Boardley to HARD with Thompson and Taylor-Smith. And PMR will sign a competitive driver alongside Ash Hand, maybe Goff or Proctor.
Old 1 Dec 2022, 20:11 (Ref:4135769)   #744
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Jake Hill to continue at WSR - [url]https://www.btcc.net/2022/12/01/hill-and-mb-motorsport-team-up-with-wsr-again-for-2023-title-assault/[/url
I wonder if Rokit will continue to be the title sponsor?
Old 1 Dec 2022, 20:12 (Ref:4135770)   #745
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:

No real Suprise there
title contender right here !! , wouldn't be surprised if he becomes no.1 driver at WSR as he seems to be able to extract more out of the car even when the conditions doesn't suit it
Old 1 Dec 2022, 20:40 (Ref:4135775)   #746
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
I wonder if Rokit will continue to be the title sponsor?
Yes, I guess it depends on how MB manage their portfolio.
Old 2 Dec 2022, 07:37 (Ref:4135799)   #747
antnee
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
Happy to see him get another season at WSR. Consistency of team, car, engineering team should help him hit the ground running.
To be fair, he wasn't exactly slow at Donington this year
Old 2 Dec 2022, 08:04 (Ref:4135800)   #748
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
For reference:

Deadline for 2019 entries - 30th Nov 18
2019 TBL list published - 3rd Dec 18

Deadline for 2020 entries - 29th Nov 19
2020 TBL list published - 2nd Dec 19

Deadline for 2021 entries - 11th Jan 21
2021 TBL list published - 12th Jan 21

Deadline for 2022 entries - 1st Dec 21
2022 TBL list published - 2nd Dec 21

Deadline for 2023 entries - (I recall seeing this as being 2nd Dec 22)
2023 TBL list published - At a guess, 5th Dec 22
Old 2 Dec 2022, 09:01 (Ref:4135806)   #749
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
https://www.btcc.net/2022/12/02/2023...ers-confirmed/
EXCELR8 Motorsport 4
Team Dynamics 2
Aiden Moffat Racing 2
Motorbase Performance Ltd. 4
Team HARD 4
Speedworks Motorsport 3
WSR 4
Power Maxed Racing 2
BTC Racing 3
Carl Boardley Motorsport 1
Old 2 Dec 2022, 09:02 (Ref:4135807)   #750
antnee
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
https://www.btcc.net/2022/12/02/2023...ers-confirmed/
EXCELR8 Motorsport 4
Team Dynamics 2
Aiden Moffat Racing 2
Motorbase Performance Ltd. 4
Team HARD 4
Speedworks Motorsport 3
WSR 4
Power Maxed Racing 2
BTC Racing 3