Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 16 Jan 2024, 17:26 (Ref:4192093)   #376
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Been enjoying the Dakar this year, but I had hoped Loeb would do it this time round. It does increasingly look like it is Carlos' to lose, which I don't see happening, but you never know.

Much as I love seeing them in the desert, I do miss the South American version. I loved the variety of the terrain and the crowds and enthusiasm was just bonkers. In Saudi it looks like just a few blokes in their Off Roaders turning up. However, I appreciate that the terrain in Saudi is seen as more like a true Dakar. Not complaining either way as it gives me some motorsport to watch at what is otherwise a pretty desolate time of year otherwise.
Old 16 Jan 2024, 20:34 (Ref:4192122)   #377
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
@NaBUru: thanks again, well done.
@ AndyS: fully agreed, no reserve.
Old 17 Jan 2024, 11:17 (Ref:4192166)   #378
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Crikey its all go in the cars in Stage 10. First Sainz had issues and stopped on stage for 10 mins or so, got going with Loeb ahead on the stage by then and the overall lead of Sainz down to 4 minutes. 10 minutes later and Loeb was stopped on the stage, albeit for just 4 minutes . The gap was back to 11 minutes. That was with some 80 k's to go.

Nailbiting stuff and they should be very close to stage end by now.

Whatever happens the gap from El Matador to Loeb will have shrunk some.
Old 17 Jan 2024, 11:24 (Ref:4192167)   #379
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For Gerard..... Sainz conserve son avance mais c'est réduite

Loeb and Sainz have wrapped up the special, with Seb gaining just over 7 minutes on El Matador in the overall.

13'22" is now the gap between the two..... with two stages to go until the end.

Last edited by E.B; 17 Jan 2024 at 11:40. Reason: Added actual gap when known.
Old 17 Jan 2024, 13:27 (Ref:4192173)   #380
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As usual I always take an interest in the Mal Moto bike class and this year is proving to be a bit special for TOBIAS EBSTER (96) in his 1st Dakar running overall 19th, a great performance and surely one which will attract sponsors. David Mcbride and Jane Daniels from the UK running 50/52 overall.
Carlos looking very strong with team back up, just how hard will Seb push in the last 2 stages knowing the potential fragility of his car, Nasser sure is grumpy.
Old 17 Jan 2024, 15:44 (Ref:4192195)   #381
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
For Gerard..... Sainz conserve son avance mais c'est réduit
For you, Chris, my translation of Seb words: looks like I picked up the wrong day to f**k up! Both Sainz and Loeb suffered after puncture, two worn out impact guns making the wheel nuts difficult to remove! Loeb did "better" his hydo jack refuising to work. What a mess in the desert! They should go back and apologize to the marabout and swear the'll never make pee again on the totem!!
Old 17 Jan 2024, 15:46 (Ref:4192196)   #382
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
E.B: what does Google translate suggest for this? "On fait une très mauvaise journée pour des grosses conneries, c'est pas normal". Built tough in Alsace he's been (same french region as another Alsaco, Yvan Muller)..
Old 17 Jan 2024, 17:23 (Ref:4192207)   #383
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Fierce last minute battles: https://www.autohebdof1.com/actualit...-acharnes.html

As to Loeb comments about his today's issues, it seems that he asked to his team to fix the jack issues yesterday. Punctures are part fof this race but not being able to change a wheel because of the impact gun (flat battery?) and the jack is hard to swallow.
Old 17 Jan 2024, 17:34 (Ref:4192211)   #384
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
That's a new c-word for me
Old 17 Jan 2024, 19:00 (Ref:4192222)   #385
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I've been somewhat surprised too, not so often that a pro driver speaks his truth at least in public. I think he retains some other words to his mechanics and team principal, unlike Nasser. Just hope he wont throw a conrod through the engine block. In fact, he has no choice now, it's flat out till the checq' flag or nothing! Poor Lurquin, he's gonna be shacked…

French explanations here: https://www.leblogauto.com/competiti...lurquin--95380
Old 18 Jan 2024, 09:16 (Ref:4192260)   #386
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nasser throws his rattle.......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsNW6VM-73Y
Just about the most unsportsman like behaviour imaginable.
Old 18 Jan 2024, 10:12 (Ref:4192267)   #387
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Just about the most unsportsman like behaviour imaginable.
Can't say better! Two days ago he said he would give help to Loeb in his quest for the win. OK Prodrive are not giving a good idea of what can do and be an official team. Can't imagine what will happen with the same team and drivers when they'll use Dacias. Dreadful to say the least.
Old 18 Jan 2024, 12:30 (Ref:4192279)   #388
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Where Sainz goes, could Toyota be an option ? https://www.autosport.com/dakar/news...exit/10565108/

Sainz and Ford have negotiated, says Malcolm Wilson https://www.relevo.com/rallies/dakar...055949-nt.html

Q-Motorsport, they have said they could continue thinking about the (Audi) car after the factory support ended. The same people behind Q-Motorsport (Audi) and X-Raid (Mini).
Old 18 Jan 2024, 14:44 (Ref:4192307)   #389
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
It's canned for Loeb/Lurquin, a bent wishbone decided that the overall cars win will go to Carlos Sainz and Lucas Cruz.
Stage 10 highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rdVmgVRC94
Old 18 Jan 2024, 14:45 (Ref:4192308)   #390
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
How to change a wheel in the desert without a jack: https://www.eurosport.fr/rallye-raid...26/video.shtml
Old 18 Jan 2024, 18:05 (Ref:4192340)   #391
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Classification after stage 11:

Bikes
  1. USA Ricky Brabec (Honda), 49:37'57
  2. BWA Ross Branch (Hero), + 10'
  3. FRA Adrien van Beveren (Honda), + 14'
  4. CHI José Ignacio Cornejo (Honda) + 38'
  5. ARG Kevin Benavides (KTM), + 42'
  6. AUS Toby Price (KTM), + 47'
  7. ARG Luciano Benavides (Husqvarna), + 55'
  8. AUS Daniel Sanders (Gas Gas), + 1:12'
  9. SVK Stefan Svitko (KTM), + 1:54'
  10. CZE Martin Michek (KTM), + 2:43'
  11. IND Harith Hoah (Sherco), + 2:53'
  12. FRA Romain Dumontier (Husqvarna), + 2:59'
T1 Ultimate Cars
  1. ESP Carlos Sainz (Audi), 46:24'47
  2. BEL Guillaume de Mevius (Toyota), + 1:26'
  3. FRA Sebastien Loeb (Prodrive), + 1:36'
  4. FRA Guerlain Chicherit (Toyota), + 1:41'
  5. CZE Martin Prokop (Ford), + 2:16'
  6. RSA Guy David Botterill (Toyota), + 2:40'
  7. RSA Giniel de Villiers (Toyota), + 2:50'
  8. LTU Benediktas Vanagas (Toyota), + 3:00'
  9. BRA Lucas Moraes (Toyota), + 3:05'
  10. FRA Mathieu Serradori (Century), + 3:08'
  11. KGZ Denis Krotov (Toyota), + 3:42'
  12. FRA Stéphane Peterhansel (Audi), + 4:15'
T3 Challengers
  1. USA Mitchell Guthrie (Taurus), 51:38'06
  2. ESP Cristina Gutiérrez (Taurus), + 25'
  3. LTU Rokas Baciuska (Can-Am), + 1:20'
  4. CHI Francisco López (Can-Am), + 1:24'
  5. USA Austin Jones (Can-Am), + 2:02'
T4 SSV
  1. FRA Xavier de Soultrait (Polaris), 54:35'11
  2. SUI Jerome de Sadeleer (Polaris), + 2'49
  3. SAU Yasir Seaidan (Can-Am), 1:03'
  4. USA Sara Price (Can-Am), + 1:07'
  5. POR Joao Ferreira (Can-Am), + 1:19'
  6. ECU Sebastián Guayasamin (Can-Am), + 3:32'
T5 Trucks
  1. CZE Martin Macik (Iveco), 52:31'45
  2. CZE Ales Loprais (Praga), + 2:01'
  3. NED Mitchel van der Brink (Iveco), + 4:27'
  4. NED Janus van Kasteren (Iveco), + 5:26'
  5. NED Vick Versteejnen (Iveco), + 10 h
  6. NED Michiel Becx (Iveco), + 11 h
Quads:
  1. ARG Manuel Andujar (Yamaha), 62:11'24
  2. FRA Alexandre Giroud (Yamaha), + 8'
  3. SVK Juraj Varga (Yamaha), + 3:45'
  4. LTU Laisvydas Kancius (Yamaha), + 6:46'
  5. LTU Anastas Kanopkinas (CFMoto), + 48 h
Old 18 Jan 2024, 18:44 (Ref:4192348)   #392
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Thanks Naburu! Did you see what happened to van Beveren (aka a spyder in my helmet, Mum)? May be he had in "mind" to improvise a good desert meal, hitting a camel could have done an acceptable méchoui. Poor Adrien. If you see a camel with a Honda tatoo please give news, send a postcard or ring the family!
Old 18 Jan 2024, 19:11 (Ref:4192357)   #393
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Thanks Naburu! Did you see what happened to van Beveren (aka a spyder in my helmet, Mum)? May be he had in "mind" to improvise a good desert meal, hitting a camel could have done an acceptable méchoui. Poor Adrien. If you see a camel with a Honda tatoo please give news, send a postcard or ring the family!
Still finished 3rd on the stage and retains his podium place, bet the poor animal got the hump
Old 18 Jan 2024, 21:52 (Ref:4192378)   #394
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
The intrepid Coronel twins Tim and Tom continue their Dakar adventures once again running in 24th place overall with a good chance of finishing on 4 wheels this year! Super competitors as usual, I love the personal approach and fan friendly channel. https://www.youtube.com/@tomcoronelracing
Old 19 Jan 2024, 14:24 (Ref:4192451)   #395
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
So Audi finally manages to win the Dakar.

In T3 Challengers Mitchell Guthrie had several problems so Cristina Gutiérrez wins this class.
Old 19 Jan 2024, 16:25 (Ref:4192469)   #396
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Final classification after stage 12:

Bikes
  1. USA Ricky Brabec (Honda), 51:30'08
  2. BWA Ross Branch (Hero), + 10'
  3. FRA Adrien van Beveren (Honda), + 12'
  4. ARG Kevin Benavides (KTM), + 38'
  5. AUS Toby Price (KTM), + 45'
  6. CHI José Ignacio Cornejo (Honda) + 46'
  7. ARG Luciano Benavides (Husqvarna), + 53'
  8. AUS Daniel Sanders (Gas Gas), + 1:14'
  9. SVK Stefan Svitko (KTM), + 1:56'
  10. CZE Martin Michek (KTM), + 2:48'
  11. IND Harith Hoah (Sherco), + 2:54'
  12. FRA Romain Dumontier (Husqvarna), + 2:59'
T1 Ultimate Cars
  1. ESP Carlos Sainz (Audi), 48:15'18
  2. BEL Guillaume de Mevius (Toyota), + 1:20'
  3. FRA Sebastien Loeb (Prodrive), + 1:29'
  4. FRA Guerlain Chicherit (Toyota), + 1:35'
  5. CZE Martin Prokop (Ford), + 2:16'
  6. RSA Guy David Botterill (Toyota), + 2:40'
  7. RSA Giniel de Villiers (Toyota), + 2:50'
  8. LTU Benediktas Vanagas (Toyota), + 2:57'
  9. BRA Lucas Moraes (Toyota), + 3:03'
  10. FRA Mathieu Serradori (Century), + 3:04'
  11. KGZ Denis Krotov (Toyota), + 3:39'
  12. FRA Christian Laveille (MD), + 4:20'
T3 Challengers
  1. ESP Cristina Gutiérrez (Taurus), 53:59'47
  2. USA Mitchell Guthrie (Taurus), + 36'
  3. LTU Rokas Baciuska (Can-Am), + 58'
  4. CHI Francisco López (Can-Am), + 1:11'
  5. USA Austin Jones (Can-Am), + 1:44'
  6. SAU Saleh Alsaif (GRally), 3:11'
T4 SSV
  1. FRA Xavier de Soultrait (Polaris), 56:37'43
  2. SUI Jerome de Sadeleer (Polaris), + 2'25
  3. SAU Yasir Seaidan (Can-Am), 1:04'
  4. USA Sara Price (Can-Am), + 1:11'
  5. POR Joao Ferreira (Can-Am), + 1:18'
  6. ECU Sebastián Guayasamin (Can-Am), + 3:43'
T5 Trucks
  1. CZE Martin Macik (Iveco), 54:34'48
  2. CZE Ales Loprais (Praga), + 1:54'
  3. NED Mitchel van der Brink (Iveco), + 4:26'
  4. NED Janus van Kasteren (Iveco), + 5:22'
  5. NED Michiel Becx (Iveco), + 11 h
  6. JPN Teruhito Sugawara (Hino), + 17h
Quads:
  1. ARG Manuel Andújar (Yamaha), 64:16'53
  2. FRA Alexandre Giroud (Yamaha), + 8'
  3. SVK Juraj Varga (Yamaha), + 4:03'
  4. LTU Laisvydas Kancius (Yamaha), + 7:13'
  5. LTU Anastas Kanopkinas (CFMoto), + 49 h
Old 19 Jan 2024, 16:40 (Ref:4192476)   #397
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Thanks Naburu.

Well done for the whole Audi team, a well deserved win for Carlos Sainz/ Lucas Cruz imo.
Glad to see de Mevius on the podium too.
Kudos to all entrants, finishing or not, was not a piece of cake this year.
Old 20 Jan 2024, 12:06 (Ref:4192564)   #398
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is fairly interesting to think I saw a fairly quiet Spaniard wobbling a bit round Britain in a Sierra Cosworth in 1987,m and here he is winning still. What a legend of a man, still to this day hugely underrated in the all the shouting about Loeb, Ogier McRae etc, this is the men who ushered in a new era of demanding what he wanted, testing, professionalism, he is the standard bearer for modern rallying.
Old 20 Jan 2024, 16:36 (Ref:4192584)   #399
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
It is fairly interesting to think I saw a fairly quiet Spaniard wobbling a bit round Britain in a Sierra Cosworth in 1987,m and here he is winning still. What a legend of a man, still to this day hugely underrated in the all the shouting about Loeb, Ogier McRae etc, this is the men who ushered in a new era of demanding what he wanted, testing, professionalism, he is the standard bearer for modern rallying.
Great shout and Nasser is the pits imo.
Old 20 Jan 2024, 18:17 (Ref:4192594)   #400
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I think that Cristina Guttiérez/ Pablo Moreno winning the Challenger category (ex-T3) is more than encouraging for the '25 Dacia team. Not sure that Nasser will ever drive again for this year's team. May be back to Toyota?