Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 12 May 2024, 08:30 (Ref:4208614)   #501
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman has been held in scrutiny for further testing
The only thing needed for me now is a Pro GT class, the issue with Ams is the talent is spread more so the grid can oft get spread in their early runs,with a Pro class I think GT3 would just like GTE Pro was,just a 24h freight train!!

GT3 was awesome yesterday however so maybe I am wrong
Old 12 May 2024, 10:22 (Ref:4208623)   #502
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I miss the Pro GT class as well but with the factories focused on Hypercar it's not going to happen (not to mention lack of garage space etc). Having said that, the Am standard seems pretty high in WEC this year. Most of the carnage in yesterday's race was caused by, ahem, pros in Hypercar bulldozing through GTs.
Old 12 May 2024, 12:52 (Ref:4208634)   #503
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
You could, easily do it, the cars are there, just need to slot 3 pro's into them, not hard at all in my eyes
Old 13 May 2024, 05:32 (Ref:4208738)   #504
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Despite their race pace today, they didn't have a clean race. Could have been higher up if they kept out of the penalties or contact with others. I know that article is from pre race, but they didn't do themselves favors in the race.
Not many had clean races. It was apparent they didn't have the speed of the Ferrari's and Porsche's though. No one had their pace. The ACO will probably respond but hopefully it's to speed up otber cars not slow down the fastest ones. I'm not sure what the power gain will do for the hypercar class but I hope they trial it at the test day.
Old 16 May 2024, 14:32 (Ref:4209179)   #505
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
The only thing needed for me now is a Pro GT class, the issue with Ams is the talent is spread more so the grid can oft get spread in their early runs,with a Pro class I think GT3 would just like GTE Pro was,just a 24h freight train!!

GT3 was awesome yesterday however so maybe I am wrong
Can't believe I'm saying this... but there's a part of me that actually wouldn't mind booting 4 Hypercars and 4 GT3s and making an 8-car LMP2 class.

The grids are amazing currently but ultimately past a certain point not everyone can compete and you're just getting cars a lap down or more. But a super competitive P2 class (with new chassis eventually) would really be a plus. It's multi-class racing after all.

Maybe it'll just happen naturally again in a couple of years as things cycle around. Like I say I'm sure I'm in the minority.
Old 16 May 2024, 14:41 (Ref:4209180)   #506
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
If grids were to be split into prototypes <> GTs, then yes, bring back P2 to fill up the proto field. 40 cars should be a realistic target (20-25 Hypercars + 15-20 P2s). Same for GT which would benefit from a Pro category. It would also create space for those brands that are now left out and manufacturers that would like to enter more than 2 cars.

And have 2 main races, 1 on Sat, 1 on Sun.
Old 22 May 2024, 20:31 (Ref:4210029)   #507
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I like the current format and I expect it to expand in both classes over the next few years. But I hope they expand the grid and the calendar.
Old 26 Jun 2024, 08:57 (Ref:4216947)   #508
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From an announcement on Akkodis ASP's Instagram account. It looks like Timur Boguslavskiy has parted ways with the team and will be replaced by Clemens Schmid at the next round in São Paulo.
Old 26 Jun 2024, 14:23 (Ref:4216970)   #509
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
From an announcement on Akkodis ASP's Instagram account. It looks like Timur Boguslavskiy has parted ways with the team and will be replaced by Clemens Schmid at the next round in São Paulo.
Yes, this was in a DSC piece about changes to the driver lineups for Sao Paulo

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2024/...sao-paulo.html

Mostly stable lineups, but a few other differences, from Le Mans at least
Old 26 Jun 2024, 17:31 (Ref:4216979)   #510
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
Shame, he was actually useful in the car compared to some others in their team.
Old 26 Jun 2024, 17:39 (Ref:4216981)   #511
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
I think maybe he liked winning more than taking part!!
Old 26 Jun 2024, 18:11 (Ref:4216984)   #512
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I think maybe he liked winning more than taking part!!
Pardon me for also being cynical, but this is it. He's improved massively sine he started, but in the current field, without GT's standout driver of the past two seasons, he won't be hunting for victory even in the amateur categories.
Old 27 Jun 2024, 07:51 (Ref:4217017)   #513
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
I would not be shocked to see him filling a TBS this weekend at Spa to be honest, he is minted after all.
Old 10 Jul 2024, 13:37 (Ref:4218495)   #514
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Reid gonna have himself a race in non-Porsche

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2024/...nterlagos.html
Old 21 Aug 2024, 17:29 (Ref:4223316)   #515
GT3_Fan
Racer

GT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Isotta withdrawal makes me hope that the WEC will have space for a 2 car Mercedes AMG GT3 effort in 2025.
Old 21 Aug 2024, 19:33 (Ref:4223329)   #516
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
You could, easily do it, the cars are there, just need to slot 3 pro's into them, not hard at all in my eyes
Is this what the manufacturers want? The manufacturers want to sell cars. Having places for AMs to race is a key part of selling cars.
Old 30 Aug 2024, 14:10 (Ref:4224443)   #517
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...-reserve-role/
If Proton expands to two cars next year and he gets a seat, it will be a big challenge but also a big opportunity.
Old 31 Aug 2024, 08:09 (Ref:4224532)   #518
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...-reserve-role/
If Proton expands to two cars next year and he gets a seat, it will be a big challenge but also a big opportunity.
It's a big if on whether Proton expands to two cars. He just needs to be patient
Old 2 Sep 2024, 06:50 (Ref:4225184)   #519
tomcug
Veteran

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...bunch-of-pace/
I don't think he has a point in Ferrari's context. They were showing their hand since race 1 as even in Qatar they'd have been competitive if not for all the misfortunes that happened to them. And in the other races they just keep shooting themselves in the foot, that has nothing to do with hiding their pace. Toyota on the other hand... I simply agree. After COTA I'm even more convinced they tried to make the GR010 look weak pre-LM on purpose and I don't think neither Ferrari nor Porsche have anything needed to stop them from claiming both championships in a couple of months.
Old 2 Sep 2024, 10:53 (Ref:4225228)   #520
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
What would you do if either is true, they know the FIA and ACO are out to get them, they are utterly obsessed with manufacturers and to have them, they have them stay they need to be winning, look at Peugeot, their lack of results is all their fault yet they get given lenience in BoP routinely,

I understand both sides with Toyota they are up against it, are they sandbagging, I dont think you can as easily these days, but they are also the team that supported this series when it was on its arse so you would think the ACO would have a little respect, it is hardly their fault they do a better job than most!!

Be interesting to know what the budgets for these teams are would it not?
Old 2 Sep 2024, 11:21 (Ref:4225235)   #521
tomcug
Veteran

Quote:
it is hardly their fault they do a better job than most!!
Correct, both their car is better than the others and their team probably is as well. About the budgets, I don't think anyone will share that publically.
Old 2 Sep 2024, 18:42 (Ref:4225276)   #522
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I don't think he has a point in Ferrari's context. They were showing their hand since race 1 as even in Qatar they'd have been competitive if not for all the misfortunes that happened to them. And in the other races they just keep shooting themselves in the foot, that has nothing to do with hiding their pace. Toyota on the other hand... I simply agree. After COTA I'm even more convinced they tried to make the GR010 look weak pre-LM on purpose and I don't think neither Ferrari nor Porsche have anything needed to stop them from claiming both championships in a couple of months.
The Ferrari had some Evo jokers deployed before Sao Paolo, which Mr Duiguid seems to have forgotten. Those updates were targeted at these final season rounds.

I have no comment on Toyota.

I think Porsche was a little behind in COTA, but it's not because of BOP. It's because historically their car is always weak on bumpy circuits (Sebring, Imola, Long beach, Road Atlanta). They will return to form in Fuji which is perfectly smooth, just like Qatar and Indianapolis. The 963 has a small aerodynamic window. When they have to lift the car for bumps, they lose a lot of speed.
Old 3 Sep 2024, 00:27 (Ref:4225295)   #523
TF110
Veteran

United States
Toyota knows what it's doing on tracks they've previously visited. Spa they were still in contention even though they didn't have quite the pace of Ferrari and Porsche. They've got the edge on tire usage and life too imo. The consistency in the stint is key to winning. So whoever can hold their tires will mostly come out on top!
Old 7 Sep 2024, 16:40 (Ref:4225634)   #524
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I've just been looking at how everyone's pace compared.
https://www.tentenths.com/forum/show...19#post4225619

Picking up on the logic here it is clear that Alpine has been doing the same. Remember Alpine are looking to enter the US market. What better way to boost this than to impress in Texas. And Porsche are now doing it in preparation for last year. Remember they did it last year too.
Old 10 Sep 2024, 19:21 (Ref:4226039)   #525
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Spa WEC Race Result Stands After Ferrari AF Corse Appeal Rejected

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2024/...-rejected.html