Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Apr 2003, 20:09 (Ref:560538)   #26
J.McClane
Veteran

J.McClane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So where was Shu since the rule changes?

This certainly sorts the drivers from the racers.....poor Shu.
Old 6 Apr 2003, 20:12 (Ref:560541)   #27
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Zaius
I can't recall seeing any flags, yellow or red anywhere near or around the debris. Alonso was simply coming out of his turn at full speed, and without any indication of a problem, and plowed right into the tire. Until one sees clear indication of warning flags, I don't think it's fair to fault Alonso on that one.
There were other drivers ahead of Alonso who seemed to be aware of the situation. There seemed to me to be enough time for the team to make Alonso aware of the situation. Time will tell however, maybe he had a radio problem.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 6 Apr 2003, 20:15 (Ref:560546)   #28
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic race now that I know everyone is OK after that big crash. But oh so close for Fisi
Old 6 Apr 2003, 20:17 (Ref:560555)   #29
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
There would have been yellows for sure - it'd just be our camera angle that missed them.

A friend has raced just raised a good point though - could Alonso be DQ'd for not lifting properly under yellows? Precednent from this weekend - FIA GT, car (can't remember the driver, someone help me there) spun and hit a rescue car and broken down car - ovbiously was under yellows - moved to the back of the grid.

It would be unfair, but I doubt impossible.
Old 6 Apr 2003, 20:19 (Ref:560559)   #30
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Apart from the race going to the poor little rich kid who came second, rather than the heroic giantkiller who earnt it, it was fantastic. Three thrillers out of three.

Teddy could be right about that, but it still seemed like he should've had time to react.

My understanding is that, if they're counting the result at lap 53 (Fisichella took the lead on lap 54), they should get half-points, as 53/71 is slightly less than 3/4. But what do rules matter when you've got a big corporation to please?
Old 6 Apr 2003, 20:26 (Ref:560582)   #31
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
It's 75% at the red flag; then count back - at least how I read the rules.
Old 6 Apr 2003, 20:35 (Ref:560614)   #32
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I also read the rules as race ends on last completed lap by the leader....which means Fisi won and would get full points...
Old 7 Apr 2003, 08:57 (Ref:561216)   #33
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by TimD
Bit cynical that, mate. I was buzzing throughout mainly because I can't remember the last time I saw a GP that had at least three passes for places round the outside. And while some did lose their cars, the fights for position accounted for not one of the accidents. The dicing was clean as far as I saw it throughout.
Your right mate, it was sensational! Many times I thought a few would end in tears, but no, great clean racing. Brilliant!

Quote:
Originally posted by TimD
Suzy and I were debating at one point whether the safety car was on a one-stopper or a two-stopper.
Not sure Tim, but word has it he was fuelled to the end
Old 7 Apr 2003, 09:22 (Ref:561247)   #34
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Poor, poor, poor, poor, poor, poor, poor, poor, poor, poor Rubens.

What on earth does this guy have to do to win in front of his home fans??

Overall though the race was riveting. Dices for the lead, numerous passes, a debatable outcome and plenty of action on track instead of in the pits. Add to that the furore over who actually won the race and all-in-all it equals a very interesting weekend.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 09:47 (Ref:561277)   #35
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
F1 racing is getting far too exciting this season,Last season I usually nodded off to sleep about lap 10(time difference here puts them on around midnite)and woke up to see the press conference.There must have been more passes in this race than in the whole of last season,more twists and turns than an episode of Coronation Street,in the interests of my beauty sleep I think Max needs to step in and make the races more boring .Can't wait till the next one .
Old 7 Apr 2003, 10:11 (Ref:561299)   #36
AussieV8
Veteran

Australia
Orange, NSW Australia
AussieV8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Aussie boy showed that he can drive and the Jaguar could be a front runner if it stays together.
Great race it was worth getting up at 2.00am Monday morning and not taping it to here what happened by news. Thank GOD for ADO's.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 10:40 (Ref:561333)   #37
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I proud of Marks race he drove a strong level headed race again under very hard conditions .Yes the prang was a sad end to what could have been a 4th or 5th placing but other /fellow top drivers crashed out as well .2 points is better than no points . Congrats to Kimmi for another strong drive and to fissi and a mention to Ralf for a solid drive only to be caught out by the crash
Old 7 Apr 2003, 13:11 (Ref:561582)   #38
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How about Webber catching the spin in turn 3? Pretty nasty stuff, great reflexes, but I wonder if it gave him a sense of invulnerability that led to his crash?

Regardless, a great performance by many including him.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James