Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Aug 2003, 22:15 (Ref:693792)   #26
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Unfortunatly the GTS cars have numbers that are too high
Old 21 Aug 2003, 09:49 (Ref:694118)   #27
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well with Alonso and Trulli being confirmed for Renault...all JV can hope for is McLaren (longshot but DC sooo does not deserve that drive) or staying at BAR, anywhere else and he may as well retire. However if the Montoya rumors are true maybe JV has a shot at a Williams reunion?
Still he's really got to pick it up big time in these last four races if he is to have a shot.
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 21 Aug 2003, 10:02 (Ref:694129)   #28
perminder
Racer

United Kingdom
in my house
perminder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
Just heard that on TV, last GP weekend.

t'was plastered on teletext too
Old 21 Aug 2003, 10:09 (Ref:694137)   #29
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
DC is confirmed for 2004 now (I think) - so JPM is staying with Williams (probably).

Jacques is looking at BAR (best bet) or possibly Jaguar (unlikely) or retirement (shame).
Old 21 Aug 2003, 13:54 (Ref:694437)   #30
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
JPM will stay at Williams in 2004 for sure.
Old 21 Aug 2003, 21:03 (Ref:694850)   #31
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
I think Log might be going on an article in this months F1Racing which speculates who will go where for next season.

Interestingly, if they are right, the Jordan will have Merc engines for 2004, but with Alex Wurz in the car (another Merc/Mac contracted driver) as oppossed to Heidfeld.
I'm just going on stuff I've read in German F1 mags - H-HF basically said it would be nice to carry on driving for Sauber, but he's had his fun, his career has peaked, blah-de-blah.

There are murmurs that Jordan have been speaking to him, but I find them unpalatable to say the least.

Alex Wurz is likely as a replacement for JV, so I've heard - Dave Richards likes him, remembers him from the Benetton days...

Jordan and the Merc engines are a tough one - Jordan aren't going to be able to get out of their contract with Ford - that 20 mil EJ's paying keeps the Pi division - and the Jaguar F1 team in particular - afloat.
Old 21 Aug 2003, 22:39 (Ref:694932)   #32
skylar1968
Rookie

skylar1968 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DC stays with McLaren in 2004, but it seems that they have lined up JP for 2005 with McLaren??? They try to lure him away with Williams this year, but the team wouldn't let him go early.
For HHF it is better to go to DTM of another championship. I don't like to see his career getting worse and worse. He better take his change and go.
For Jacques the same solution. He was a champion, but now driving with BAR I think everyone is forgetting that. I don't think BAR is a bad team, but it isn't good enough for Jacques.

Sky
Old 22 Aug 2003, 04:31 (Ref:695092)   #33
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R
Yeah..i've heard words going on that Mclaren is keeping DC for ANOTHER year...Ron ain't that smart a man is he?!
And no one could understand the MP18 fiasco... What is the point of keeping DC? Why not have a lottery for elderly fans to drive the car.
Old 22 Aug 2003, 12:15 (Ref:695522)   #34
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Because he's an excellent race driver.

I have maintained all along that McLaren have written off 2003 from the start. It hasn't made any difference to their plans whether the MP4-18 has raced or not - the MP4-19 was always the higher target and it is going to be one mega Formula One car.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 07:55 (Ref:700350)   #35
Cobra
Racer

Cobra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Snrub
And no one could understand the MP18 fiasco... What is the point of keeping DC? Why not have a lottery for elderly fans to drive the car.