Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 1 Nov 2003, 15:30 (Ref:770143)   #26
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by FG1
I often watch it in French to amuse myself.
Is it worth it ? I intend to buy a numerical device to get it...
Old 1 Nov 2003, 16:04 (Ref:770157)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by jcz
I request about help with record on tape of LG SRW magazine of last FIA GT and ETCC race and ALMS last race Petit Le Mans of last week, for the reason of interuption of delivery of Eurosport by my cable operator. Noone response me, noone could not help me and someone delete this my request from forum !!!
I'm sorry jcx (I was a little slow to pick up on this thread), but what you say is simply not true.

I deleted your threads.

I also sent you a PM (private message) to explain why.

You cannot ask members to supply you with what are effectively illegal copies of tapes which they copy from the TV, whether it be satelite or anything else.

That's why your threads were deleted.
Old 1 Nov 2003, 16:41 (Ref:770185)   #28
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Is it worth it ? I intend to buy a numerical device to get it...
It depends. You gets lots of American stuff, some British and French stuff, even live from time to time. During the day usually lots of rubbish teleshopping, now and again really good documentaries on old circuits or cars. There have been some splendid programs of early in car footage shot during the 70s and 80s. If you buy a cheap numeric device and it works OK I would say it is worth it.

Look at www.motorstv.com for more.

FG
Old 2 Nov 2003, 08:30 (Ref:770541)   #29
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
For jcz : you won't say you weren't warned !

For FG : thank you for the link, I think I'll go for it !
Old 2 Nov 2003, 08:42 (Ref:770547)   #30
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Well, I checked the MotorsTV programs, and though there's a lot of things displayed, the lack of covering of GT/Sportscars is really schoking... they've a good event to cover, and they don't even pay attention to the practice sessions, althought it leads to a whole championship for 2004

Why am I not a tennis or iceskating fan ?
Old 2 Nov 2003, 13:08 (Ref:770723)   #31
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure Speed Channel needs all the time it can get to show the 500th repeat of the 1989 Talladega 500. Perhaps some kind person can make the tapes available to us deprived North Americans? I wonder if MiniGrid might want to show tapes in their meeting room one night?
Old 2 Nov 2003, 23:50 (Ref:771063)   #32
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
I wonder if MiniGrid might want to show tapes in their meeting room one night?
Hmmm, maybe we could get Scott to host a showing or two... I'll have a chat with him.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 4 Nov 2003, 06:15 (Ref:772312)   #33
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Good news from the ACO site !!!

"ACO, with the help of Interface Sport, will produce TV images. Eurosport will broadcast the pics on 9th of november evening, and a 52' movie the next friday. "AB Moteurs" and "Motors TV" will broadcast reports of 2'30'', 13' and 52'"...
Old 4 Nov 2003, 06:49 (Ref:772321)   #34
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab

"ACO, with the help of Interface Sport, will produce TV images. Eurosport will broadcast the pics on 9th of november evening, and a 52' movie the next friday. "AB Moteurs" and "Motors TV" will broadcast reports of 2'30'', 13' and 52'"...
Thats great news, I wonder if it includes British Eurosport?
Old 4 Nov 2003, 08:55 (Ref:772386)   #35
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
I think so, Mal, but you may have to check on the website...

Huhn not sure, according to Eurosport schedules

Last edited by Fab; 4 Nov 2003 at 09:05.
Old 4 Nov 2003, 08:58 (Ref:772392)   #36
jcz
Rookie

jcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab

Fab,

could you give me exact link on ACO site where I can see your a.m. informaton ?
Old 4 Nov 2003, 09:05 (Ref:772397)   #37
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by jcz
Fab,

could you give me exact link on ACO site where I can see your a.m. informaton ?
Here is the link to those news... sorry to say that ther's more updates on the french side of the ACO's site than on the english one ; can't explain why :confused:
Old 4 Nov 2003, 23:24 (Ref:773249)   #38
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
can't explain why :confused:
Form an orderly queue chaps!

FG
Old 5 Nov 2003, 14:29 (Ref:773850)   #39
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We are off to Le mans at the weekend, does anyone know if there will be English commentary , or TV on the big screen , to help follow the race as my french is quite limited. Secondly, is anyone here planning to meet at any stage ?
Old 5 Nov 2003, 15:17 (Ref:773891)   #40
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by LC2guy
We are off to Le mans at the weekend, does anyone know if there will be English commentary , or TV on the big screen , to help follow the race as my french is quite limited. Secondly, is anyone here planning to meet at any stage ?
There's a local covering in french on Radio Le Mans, but the french speaker (Bruno Vandestick) regulary gives the positions and comments in english too.

Meetings planned on the spot :
- saturday morning at the Paddock Bar at 8h30am
- saturday noon on the Village square
- sunday morning at the Paddock Bar at 8h30 am
- sunday after the Euroboss race in the pits grandstands (opposite ACO grandstand side)(no meeting available at noon, it's the start !)
Old 5 Nov 2003, 16:48 (Ref:773984)   #41
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks Fab. Hope to see you either Sat lunch time or Sunday.
Old 13 Nov 2003, 21:35 (Ref:782475)   #42
lemans_henrik
Rookie

lemans_henrik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone heard any news about the Eurosport Le Mans 1000km transmission? As it is stated on lemans.org there should be a 52 minutes 'film' on the 14th of November, but there is still no information on the TV schedule on the Eurosport homepage.

I have surfed through the TV schedule for the next week, but still has not found any info on the transmission.
Old 14 Nov 2003, 05:44 (Ref:782838)   #43
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
I didn't as well. But there's something on Motor's TV (52') on saturday evening and sunday noon...
Old 16 Nov 2003, 08:02 (Ref:784827)   #44
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
I watched the 52' broadcast about 1000 kms yesterday evening on MotorsTV. Well, quite consternating, but t's still better than nothing...

Comments were weak and not informative, well, for amateurs I mean ; there's nothing on some cars, they focused only on the favorites (Goh, Courage, Pescarolo, RFH, Prodrive, Larbre, F. Konrad, etc...) and spent a lot of time on the girls' TVR, forgetting the other one ! Nothing about the Morgan, nothing or almost about the Spyker, nothing about the Modenas' teams or Posches' team, nothing about Taurus, Pilbeam, Reynard (except when they were out in tghe gravels !) ; no news, no nothing...

How appaling !

The Nascar Bush series which was broadcasts before was live on two hours ; and it's a french telly :
Old 25 Nov 2003, 17:49 (Ref:794280)   #45
ceeslm
Rookie

Netherlands
krimpen
ceeslm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i saw this week that there will be coverage at eurosport at 05 december 23.30.
but as we all know its eurosport
Old 25 Nov 2003, 18:51 (Ref:794332)   #46
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I think this time they speak the truth because on other Friday evenings they show also autosport (and 15 minutes FIA SCC ).