Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eidswick appointed as Cart's CEO....

From Champweb.net:

Eidswick Names CEO posted on 12-15 21:36

Open Wheel nominee Richard P. Eidswick has been appointed as CEO of CART, Inc. to see the organization through the Chapter 11 proceedings. During the transition, Eidswick will report to the CART Board of Directors.

Eidswick is co-founder and Managing Director of Arbor Partners, an Ann Arbor, Mich.-based venture capital firm which primarily invests in companies focused on the creation of next-generation application software and communication technologies. In addition to capital, Arbor Partners offers clients a comprehensive set of business-building resources including assistance with strategic planning, development of product and marketing strategies, and the establishment of corporate partnerships.

“I’m confident that the Champ Car World Series will emerge from the bankruptcy process stronger than ever,” said Eidswick. “I look forward to working with all parties involved to build on our strengths and explore new opportunities as we position Champ Car for 2004 and beyond.”

Last edited by Dov; 16 Dec 2003 at 02:45.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 04:12 (Ref:812739)   #2
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone know anything about this guy?

CART is going to need a marketing genious and yet it will be difficult to do. There are really only two obvious stratagies 1. Hype AJ as the second comming constantly. Every other word from CART should be AJ. It's wrong to put that kind of pressure on a young driver, but CART has no choice. 2. Target Latin people living in the US as much as humanly possible to the detriment of attracting other groups. Go for the easy sell.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 09:55 (Ref:812918)   #3
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mark C. (for what it's worth) projects that Eidswick is just around to see them through the bankruptcy, then Gentilozzi will take over while they hunt for a "permanent," for lack of a better term, CEO.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 10:33 (Ref:812947)   #4
Testure
Veteran

Testure should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who is "Mark C."? Journalist? Sorry, off topic...
Old 16 Dec 2003, 10:35 (Ref:812948)   #5
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He runs a website .... don't think I can mention it here, but it's a pro-CART one...sometimes he acts like a wannabe journalist, most of the time he's a cheerleader.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 11:23 (Ref:812972)   #6
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
It's funny that you should say that, Indycool, because most CART fans that I know think that AR1 has been Anti-CART and Pro-IRL for a long time.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 11:42 (Ref:812984)   #7
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
If you want more info on Eidswick, here is the link:http://arborpartners.com/eidswick.html
Old 16 Dec 2003, 12:14 (Ref:813002)   #8
indycool
Veteran

Boy, Dov, that astonishes me. I haven't seen Mark C. post anything over there in support of the IRL at all. His constant use of the phrase "oval-track cartel" regarding IRL and ISC certainly isn't a complimentary term. Guess I could name more examples, but I view it as just left of CW.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 13:22 (Ref:813056)   #9
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
wat does pook do now...i hope he goes back to running long beach....did a good job imho
Old 16 Dec 2003, 14:05 (Ref:813101)   #10
indycool
Veteran

Pook's status anywhere is uncertain. Long Beach is owned by Dover. Pook worked for them prior to CART and involved Dover in St. Pete and Denver. Dover has run out of the St. Pete deal and Denver has been rumored to be close to history. So I don't know how square Pook is with Dover right now, i.e., Long Beach.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 14:57 (Ref:813138)   #11
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i thought St.Petes was allright, going back there wouldn't be too bad, but miami? and denver? hmmm
pook can puckker up for my rear for all i care, and
something i didn't like about PG is his sense of Cronyism and Nepotism and i feel it'll run rampant to detriment of many
Old 17 Dec 2003, 15:44 (Ref:814176)   #12
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Assuming CART is viable in time for Long Beach to make a decision, it only stands to reason that CART would be the series of choice. IRL is not ready for this year and going to TransAm or something like that would be a bit of a downgrade from a marketing perspective.