Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

View Poll Results: Which F3 Driver?
Jamie Green 4 4.76%
Steven kane 1 1.19%
Will Davidson 7 8.33%
Alan Van Der Merwe 27 32.14%
Nelson Piquet 27 32.14%
Adam Carrol 2 2.38%
Ernesto Viso 4 4.76%
Danny Watts 5 5.95%
Richard ANTINUCCI 1 1.19%
Fairuz Fauzy 6 7.14%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23 Dec 2003, 19:32 (Ref:819293)   #51
tank_slapper69
Rookie

tank_slapper69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So he backed of did he? What kind of driver backs of half way through a year when they have nothing to lose anymore?

And you think a gear box problem made him put a wheel on the grass before he even turned in do you?

And which member of menus did you speak to? because that's quite the opposite to what i heard!

If carrol could have done what austin did then why didnt he do it at his strongest tack? Silverstone!

See!! Now ive had to slate a perfectly good driver to get my point across to some one who blatently doesnt have a clue.

My point again:- He is good! But he aint THAT good! And has been very lucky this season as he would not have that much hype if it hadnt been the way it was!
Old 23 Dec 2003, 20:42 (Ref:819353)   #52
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
in the silverstone race i was refering to a a gear not working. selected a gear, wasnt working, off he goes.

just what did you hear then regarding leaving menu?

and carroll couldnt win at silverstone because menus didnt go well there. like i said, menus best track - donnington. drivers cant do anything if their cars isnt up to much. not that menu was **** at silverstone but that it wast the cars best track. regarding carrolls hype, i havent heard much. rob austin said he was a 'super star' and 'annoyingly quick' but thats 1 person. i know he had fans if the airhorns every time he came out of the pits are anything to go by but as far as i have seen from only about 2 years of watching f3 is autosport magazine bigging him up when they can. i honestly have no clue what you are on about when you say he has had a lucky year. drivers whos teams go bankrupt and can never find good budgets are the opposite of that. like autosport said, he has always had to drive within himself. were others get good drives from their bank balance carroll had to rely on his performance. his performance got him past oulton park, rockingham, into the marlboro masters and to thruxton. as far as i know, he had no good budget raised for any of those events. the guy was driving around korea half a second faster than the other guys in his team. on rosbergs car there were sponsors and the like. an f1 test coming up. parente even had his own livery. carroll although clearly the fastest of the 3 bore a honda logo and nothing else. motorsport sucks.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 10:54 (Ref:822472)   #53
tank_slapper69
Rookie

Oh mate be realistic will you, that car was as good at silverstone as it was at donington! And i should point out that i know some guys in the menu team, and what you think happened and what did happen are different! He left Menus because of money right? well how come he then went and paid full wack to drive for ADR!

And how did he get on at spa with them? In a championship winning car!

Look all i am saying is he's lucky to have so much hype from doing nothing special really! I mean i cant understand it at all personaly, sure he did well a couple of times but then he chucks it off! And nothings ever his fault!
Old 29 Dec 2003, 10:59 (Ref:822480)   #54
tank_slapper69
Rookie

oh and at Korea he wasnt really half a second faster was he?! if he was why wasnt he in the lead? and if i remember correctly didnt he crash out all on his own?
Old 29 Dec 2003, 13:45 (Ref:822564)   #55
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
autosport ran a quote i think from mike baker from the spa round that went something like 'its a shame adam is no longer with us as im sure he would be up there too'. and just because adr are a championship winning team doesnt mean they are any good. they sucked in 2003. all they did that year was based soley on the croft event. carroll had the car sitting on the front row in qualifying before a silly dq. nevertheless he still went all out, overtaking about 4 or 5 cars in the 5 lap race one before getting punted out of the race by antinucci in race 2. like every other race that year, he got on better than the others driving in the same team.

and yes he was around half a second faster in korea. than his teammates. he averaged that over rosberg, and blew parente away. this is again as a last minute addition to the team. a whole grid of cars isnt covered by half a second you know. he was in 6th about to overtake for 5th before he made a mistake at the tyre stack chicane and retired becaus ehis suspention was bent. the reason race 2 didnt seem so good was because he had to start on the back row and even worse was that he was blocked in turn 1 by a train of about 5 cars whilst a few other drivers on the other side of the track got past as a gift.

i agree that everybody has their own opinion and in these case there may be no right answer because the only way we can guage performance is having the same cars, on a track that is super wide with a grid lined up like an olympic race. its just my opinion that carroll is the most talented driver in f3 since sato. i just cant understand how carrolls seaosn can be considered in ANY WAY lucky. it was COMPLETLY the opposite. like i said, you dont go jobbing around different teams and series because you are lucky.