Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What will affect our chances of having Michael around past 2004?
He definately won't retire 8 17.02%
He defiantely will retire 3 6.38%
He'll go if he feels Ferrari are no longer the best 15 31.91%
He'll go if Montoya or Kimi trounce him 11 23.40%
He'll go if he really fears the 2005 McLaren 0 0%
He'll go if he has a big crash 13 27.66%
He'll go if someone else has a big crash 1 2.13%
He'll go if he makes a lot of mistakes 9 19.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26 Dec 2003, 13:10 (Ref:820753)   #26
mansellmania
Racer

mansellmania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
Schumacher beat Senna in THREE RACES, that's all. Senna got punted off in one of those, and we'll neve rknow why he crashed at Imola. .

With all things equal, Senna would've easily won in 1994, even without the penalties imposed on Michael.
bold statement galore part 2 huh..

With all things being equal and shumi not getting black flag idiocy penalties for teasing hill a bit shumi wouldv won 94 in a super dominant way.
Old 26 Dec 2003, 14:20 (Ref:820779)   #27
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can someone put up an option for "kidnapped by Columbian Extremist Rebel Freedom Fighters in Frankfurt International Airport," or "Convicted of multi-million pound tax evasion scam," or simply "Bernie gives him a billion to **** off." ?
Old 26 Dec 2003, 20:26 (Ref:820890)   #28
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
With all things equal, Senna would've easily won in 1994,

From 30 points down? I don't think so. It would have been very close between him and Schumacher.
Old 26 Dec 2003, 20:44 (Ref:820894)   #29
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Logrence
Can someone put up an option for "kidnapped by Columbian Extremist Rebel Freedom Fighters in Frankfurt International Airport," or "Convicted of multi-million pound tax evasion scam," or simply "Bernie gives him a billion to **** off." ?
or how about a "to satisfy the wishful thinking of jpm/jv/kimi fans" option?

btw...love all the morbid posts about crashing.
Old 27 Dec 2003, 00:16 (Ref:821011)   #30
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Yoong Montoya
From 30 points down? I don't think so. It would have been very close between him and Schumacher.
Pure conjecture of course, but had Senna not gone off and crashed it proberbly wouldn't have been 30 points down.

After that, who knows? But as Damon got that close, Senna definatly would have.
Old 27 Dec 2003, 11:11 (Ref:821170)   #31
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If he has a big enough crash to scare him, I reckon he'd walk. His family ,vast wealth and reputation both statistically and otherwise are too great now to play games with.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 27 Dec 2003, 11:14 (Ref:821172)   #32
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
Pure conjecture of course, but had Senna not gone off and crashed it proberbly wouldn't have been 30 points down.

After that, who knows? But as Damon got that close, Senna definatly would have.
Senna was miles ahead of Schumacher as a driver in every dept-technically, speed-wise and experience and "would have" smoked him had history been different.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 27 Dec 2003, 11:54 (Ref:821199)   #33
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
All thigns weren't equal in teh first 3 races. As I've said, Williams had the guts to run legal cars.

If he hadn't've crashed at Imola, he would've likely won the race, with Michael 2nd. that would've meant a 16 point gap, which I think he could've closed up. With Senna still around they might've looked into Benetton's legality more quickly - Ayrton was a lost star, and there was a lot of internal pressure to make Michael a big publicity deal.

I agree that, from 30-0, Ayrton wouldn't've had it easy. Undoubtedly we were robbed of a great season.
Old 27 Dec 2003, 15:22 (Ref:821284)   #34
mansellmania
Racer

Quote:
All thigns weren't equal in teh first 3 races. As I've said, Williams had the guts to run legal cars.

If he hadn't've crashed at Imola, he would've likely won the race, with Michael 2nd. that would've meant a 16 point gap, which I think he could've closed up. With Senna still around they might've looked into Benetton's legality more quickly - Ayrton was a lost star, and there was a lot of internal pressure to make Michael a big publicity deal.

I agree that, from 30-0, Ayrton wouldn't've had it easy. Undoubtedly we were robbed of a great season.
are yu implying benetton ran an illegal car?

i think it was a great season.. shumi DQF 2 -3 races and still won the championship.
Old 27 Dec 2003, 15:39 (Ref:821291)   #35
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by pirenzo
Wait, wait Knowlesy.

He said if he is slower, not the car
Yeah, but that's what I'm asking. He said he'll leave if he becomes slower, that's obvious. But if the team or Bridgestone flounder, what are the chances of him hanging about for years trying to drag an uncompetitive machine to the front. That is a more dangerous act than dominating from the front and he may feel he wants to get out of the sport in one piece.....
Old 27 Dec 2003, 15:43 (Ref:821294)   #36
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
when they find him guilty of tickling children..
oh wait wrong michael...
Old 27 Dec 2003, 15:46 (Ref:821296)   #37
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 27 Dec 2003, 18:43 (Ref:821412)   #38
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by gttouring
when they find him guilty of tickling children..
oh wait wrong michael...

classic!!!
Old 27 Dec 2003, 19:25 (Ref:821436)   #39
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by mansellmania
are yu implying benetton ran an illegal car?

Senna also implied of an illegal car, and he knew far more than we ever will.

Anyway, back to the topic in hand..........
Old 27 Dec 2003, 21:04 (Ref:821464)   #40
mansellmania
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
Senna also implied of an illegal car, and he knew far more than we ever will.

Anyway, back to the topic in hand..........
I once heard alesi saying a few years back about the state of traction control and other electronic gizmos end 1993 that they where pre-historic of nature, only worked in a few cases and was never ever so sophisticated as 8 years later with prost.

Having seen that sophisticated stuff today bringin not much of an performance gain i dont think even if benetton ran some dubious electronics it wouldv made a big difference.
Shumi said in an intervieuw end of 94 that senna's williams had wwwway more power of the renault V10 compared to his ford V8.. litterarly he said:" in the corners i could keep up and sometimes i was faster but on the straights senna simply drove by me and away into the distance."

Aside from that senna always talked garbage when he got beaten.
He got totally mad at mika hakkinen when the fin outqualified senna in estoril it was i think?
( WHATA ******* SUPERRACETRACK THAT WAS BY THEWAY )
Shouting stuff like "dont you know who i am"

Last edited by mansellmania; 27 Dec 2003 at 21:05.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 21:52 (Ref:823914)   #41
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would have thought Mika would have known who he was, seeing they were teammates ...
Old 30 Dec 2003, 22:39 (Ref:823964)   #42
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Senna got mad alright, but it was at himself not Mika. He got a wake up call that led to those two sublime performances in Japan and Australia that year. I think the quote might be apocryphal, although with reference I stand to be corrected.

Last edited by Adam43; 30 Dec 2003 at 22:45.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 23:00 (Ref:823994)   #43
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I think if he wins title number 7 then he'll not have the drive or determination anymore...no one can forseeably be able to achieve what he has in the past few years with all the new changes in the sport and teams like Renault challenging the 'big 3'. I think he'll leave f1 and maybe do something like sportscars for a year or two maybe, just Le mans or the DTM perhaps. More likely he'll just retire for good tho.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 23:03 (Ref:823998)   #44
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by pink69
More likely he'll just retire for good tho.
When he does go (which I don't see doing soon, he still enjoys it too much) I think it will be totally. Play more football, play with the kids and be Dad. Perhaps a brandy and cigars along with other good things in life.
Old 31 Dec 2003, 09:12 (Ref:824338)   #45
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, if Bennatton hadn't of been cheating, possibly Senna would have won at Interlagos (Modified fuel rig?). But then again Senna was racing under a 3-race suspended sentance, so something could've happened to trigger that...

And what could've happened if Mansell drove for Williams in 95 - could he have won?

ohhhh soo manny quessssttiooons!
Old 31 Dec 2003, 12:35 (Ref:824504)   #46
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Hazza

And what could've happened if Mansell drove for Williams in 95 - could he have won?

Always wondered that myself.