Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 15 Jan 2004, 23:13 (Ref:839761)   #1
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, you're obviously an enthusiast???

Because you're on a forum like this I take it that all readers of this are, in way or another, lovers of fast cars and racing!!!!

so, and I make no apologies for posting in a different area but....

have any of you wanted to get closer to "The Action"?????
you can you know, and it's free!!!! Yes, FREE!!!!!

come and watch real race drivers, from up close, and learn their lines, then try to replicate it on your pc/ xbox/ ps2 etc !!!

ever fancied marshalling? hearing and feeling the real things from up close and personal!!!!!

No training or qualifications required!
sense of humour a must!
love of racing a definate!

fancy giving it a try, then please pm me as us marshals are always looking for people to join us, be it in the pits, on the bank, in rescue units or even in the warm and dry in race control. Everyone is welcome and there is a place for any newcomers.

OK, advert over, I'll now return you to your normal programming !!

thx for reading this but please, give it thought, you never know, you might just like it!!
Old 16 Jan 2004, 08:12 (Ref:840047)   #2
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's something i have thought about.... Not that i could do it right now, but sort of for like after school, in my gap year or something.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 08:26 (Ref:840063)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks Stu. I'm very happy to have an "advert" here for mashalling. Although I've never actually done it myself, I used to have a pal who did (but I'm going back best part of 20 years) and I went on a few posts with him at Thruxton and Brands and enjoyed it tremendously. I personally don't have the time to commit to it, but there could be others here who do?
Old 18 Jan 2004, 11:19 (Ref:842252)   #4
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Should this maybe be stuck Ayse?
Old 18 Jan 2004, 11:26 (Ref:842258)   #5
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll do it Pirenzo.
Old 20 Jan 2004, 08:24 (Ref:843643)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Happy for it to be stuck, and to get some thoughts from our regular "viewers" as to whether they have ever marshalled or have any interest in doing so?
Old 20 Jan 2004, 13:39 (Ref:844031)   #7
Williamp
Racer

Williamp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought about that. I joined one of the Marshall clubs one year, paid my money. Never heard another thing.

Never rejoined at the end of the year, either.
Old 20 Jan 2004, 15:50 (Ref:844184)   #8
Alan Green
Veteran

England
Doncaster
Alan Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As Stu said, all interested parties get in touch - I started when I was following the BTCC package around from circuit to circuit when I got an opportunity to join a friend helping in the pitlane at a club meeting. Several years later I am now away almost every weekend at some meeting or other, either race, rally, sprint, or hillclimb.

Many clubs and circuits are having training days at this time of year, and new faces are always made welcome.

Feel free to PM me also if you would like any information (especially with regards to circuits north/east of Donington!)

Alan
Old 30 Jan 2004, 08:28 (Ref:856062)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Sadly, not a lot of posts here. We'll keep it sticky for another day or two, in case there's anyone else out there who might be interested?
Old 30 Jan 2004, 09:01 (Ref:856093)   #10
ozywoodwards
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chorlton, Manchester
ozywoodwards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been pondering becomming a marshal for a little while now. The problem is I'm a student so I'd only be able to make races over easter and then from august onwards. Is this a problem? Also, I live near Thruxton, so does anybody have any specific advice regarding this circuit or the BARC? and, how do I go about becomming a marshal?
Old 30 Jan 2004, 13:54 (Ref:856418)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
There you go! I'm glad I highlighted this again. I've seen your location before Owen. You seem to be perfectly placed, geographically at least, to marshall at Thruxton (my home circuit too, although I don't get there much these days, I'm still a BARC member - have been for 20 years). Why not drop crazystu a line, Owen?
Old 30 Jan 2004, 14:55 (Ref:856470)   #12
ozywoodwards
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chorlton, Manchester
ozywoodwards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
might just do that now Ayse
Old 30 Jan 2004, 19:13 (Ref:856788)   #13
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
go for it Owen
Old 30 Jan 2004, 23:32 (Ref:857002)   #14
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ozywoodwards
I've been pondering becoming a marshal for a little while now. The problem is I'm a student so I'd only be able to make races over Easter and then from august onwards. Is this a problem? Also, I live near Thruxton, so does anybody have any specific advice regarding this circuit or the BARC? and, how do I go about becoming a marshal?
Great - all sorts of people welcome.

(and this applies to Aysedasi too) Don't worry about how many days you can do. If you can do two a year that's two more than none (if you see what I mean )

Contacts: Well for Thruxton try Karen Coddington at Thruxton Circuit in the first instance on 01264 882210. Web site http://www.barc.net/marshals.htm. Her job as marshal's secretary for the BARC is to recruit and help marshals and she is good at it.

Otherwise have a look at http://www.marshals.org.uk/ - fully detailed but a newcomer might need a guide through it all.

You do not need to be a member of anything to marshal (though as a long time member and Council member of the Marshal's Club I would hope to point out the benefits and opportunities of the club in due course )

If you need a bit of detail help, I’m happy to try and deal with PMs.

Regards

Jim Whitaker

Last edited by JimW; 30 Jan 2004 at 23:35.
Old 31 Jan 2004, 11:09 (Ref:857412)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Excellent Jim, thanks. Well that's you sorted Owen!

I'm not sure about me though (although if it meant I could sneak onto a marshall's post on the Mulsanne in June I could be tempted.... )
Old 8 Feb 2004, 22:18 (Ref:867486)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Sticky off now, I think.....