Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 26 Jan 2004, 14:50 (Ref:851143)   #151
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.majorette.fr/main_gb.html

Wow, the cars still have the same wheels as all those years ago!
Old 26 Jan 2004, 21:30 (Ref:851590)   #152
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I bought a Majorette model of a Simca 1308 (Chrysler Alpine to the Brits) from a car boot sale the other day. Needs a little work, but it will come up quite nicely I think.

The thing I remember about Majorette in the seventies was that in true French-car fashion, they had yellow headlights. I recall having a few - a green Fiat 127 and a blue Volkswagen K70 if I remember rightly.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 13:54 (Ref:853623)   #153
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by TimD
I bought a Majorette model of a Simca 1308 (Chrysler Alpine to the Brits) from a car boot sale the other day. Needs a little work, but it will come up quite nicely I think.

The thing I remember about Majorette in the seventies was that in true French-car fashion, they had yellow headlights. I recall having a few - a green Fiat 127 and a blue Volkswagen K70 if I remember rightly.
I definitely had the 127 and the K70, and I'm sure I had the 1308/Alpine although think I had different colours- seem to remember a red K70, but I think they were sometimes available in a variety of colours at any given time. I can remember a few others- an orange Mk2 Capri, a Renault 17 Coupe, a Merc SL cabrio, a Beetle, a VW van, and another Simca- think it was an 1100.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 13:56 (Ref:853627)   #154
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Hobson
http://www.majorette.fr/main_gb.html

Wow, the cars still have the same wheels as all those years ago!
Not just the wheels- if you search on the 'Mini' range, about the third one that comes up is a VW Beetle that (apart from the colour) looks very much like the one I had 25 years ago, open sunroof and all....
Old 4 Feb 2004, 15:43 (Ref:862827)   #155
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just got back from a holiday in the States, where I saw in the new Exoto 1/18th model of the Sauber C9 - silver arrow.
You get two cars for your money, one with full body work (with some being removeable), and the second which I have not seen produced by anyone else is of the comlpete chassis with no body work at all, so you can see all the detail.

From what I could see it looks an excellent ready built collectors model set which would look nice on anybodies shelf/desk.
But there is a down side, the price tag in the States was US$299, which is circa 170 of our British pounds and to make matters worse they are a limited eddition of 1989 peices I think.

Well another one for the wish list!!!!

Oh and if you want to have a look at one, there are a couple for sale on e-bay.
Old 5 Feb 2004, 08:36 (Ref:863701)   #156
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry folks posted the above in the wrong thread, any mods watching can you please move it to the thread titled "New model releases(any scale)"

Many thanks egor.....
Old 24 Feb 2004, 11:08 (Ref:883821)   #157
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sorry, I'm struggling to do that egor. I can edit it, delete it, or move the entire thread, but I don't seem to be able to move one post. I can copy it, but then it would come out as if I'd posted it. Perhaps you could copy and paste it to a new post in the correct thread?
Old 11 Mar 2004, 12:58 (Ref:901886)   #158
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As this thread hasn't been posted to for more than two weeks, I don't think it really justifies its "sticky" status - for the moment at least. I'm removing it, therefore. It can be "stickied" again in the future if more interest is generated.