Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 May 2004, 15:46 (Ref:966621)   #1
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a tackle !

They learned from the best: Stephen Green !!!
Old 10 May 2004, 15:50 (Ref:966626)   #2
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's rumoured that Stephen was scrambled for this but got one of his feet stuck in his overalls when trying to put them on!
Old 10 May 2004, 16:02 (Ref:966631)   #3
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What! That wasn't Steve? Hmmm

Nicely done anyway.
Old 10 May 2004, 16:15 (Ref:966639)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Have you been giving lessons, Stephen?
Old 10 May 2004, 16:18 (Ref:966645)   #5
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i guess we know who gets the "Stephen Green award for excellence in full contact marshalling" this year
Old 10 May 2004, 16:21 (Ref:966648)   #6
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
what are you talking about, they were ****!
It took about 15 of them to catch him and Stephen took our guy down single handedly!
Old 10 May 2004, 16:30 (Ref:966653)   #7
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes... Stephen does the work of 15 at Silverstone!
Stephen they need you in Spain...
Old 10 May 2004, 16:57 (Ref:966677)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by pirenzo
It took about 15 of them to catch him and Stephen took our guy down single handedly!
And it doesn't count because it wasn't a racing lap. It was at the point where they stop to form up on the grid.

Nil point (said in best Katy Boyle Eurovision Song Contest accent).
Old 10 May 2004, 17:33 (Ref:966699)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And Stephens tackle had so much more of a crunch don't you think?(tackle as in "rugby tackle", not what you may be thinking which would put me in an embarrasing position. )
Old 10 May 2004, 18:01 (Ref:966729)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Knowlesy.

You paint a mervelous picture with words.
Old 10 May 2004, 19:16 (Ref:966809)   #11
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
you can tell Spain is not in the 6 nation tournament

Ciao Marco
Old 10 May 2004, 19:56 (Ref:966843)   #12
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I guess Stephen really took the thing about cutting costs to heart then, at least more so than the Spanish Marshalls
Old 10 May 2004, 23:19 (Ref:967059)   #13
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You dont understant the Spanish they need to wake up, have a cerveza and bocadillo then say manana a few times before they decide to sort out the situation
Old 11 May 2004, 00:59 (Ref:967101)   #14
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey go easy on our Spanish pals we know there no good at full contact sports.Although that effort would be booed in England or Aussie.The big question should be how did that mooron get onto the track at pit straight in the first place.Seems sercurity needs looking at as well as learning how to tackle someone.

The Grumpy1

Last edited by grumpy1; 11 May 2004 at 01:00.
Old 11 May 2004, 02:57 (Ref:967141)   #15
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I agree that it was a wussy catch by a whole bunch of guys, and like the tv announcer mentioned, what the hell was the bloody pit guy giving the damn idiot a free paid announcement of WHY he was out being an arse and potential great inconvienence to the event!!!!!

I would have given him a smack in the head, he deserved it.
Old 11 May 2004, 06:08 (Ref:967213)   #16
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was quite annoyed at the same thing djb, that is the last thing we need - and it will only promote more people to invade the track if their cause is heard. Our Australian commentator also mentioned "And the worst thing they can do now is show his face, as it only glorifies him" which is true.
Old 11 May 2004, 08:59 (Ref:967370)   #17
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm a believer that you never give these morons T.V. time to try & discourage other wannabe idiots around the world from doing the same thing.
Old 11 May 2004, 13:06 (Ref:967642)   #18
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by twig
I was quite annoyed at the same thing djb, that is the last thing we need - and it will only promote more people to invade the track if their cause is heard.
"And missing all the fun next Silverstone ?, No Way !, come again Mr. priest..." -Stephen-
Attached Images

Old 12 May 2004, 12:55 (Ref:968665)   #19
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Yes, but seeing an FIA official get involved too was shocking! I didn't think they did any work
Old 12 May 2004, 13:39 (Ref:968725)   #20
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he should have appeared in the middle of the race, would have added a Safety Car and some excitement!
Old 12 May 2004, 14:06 (Ref:968766)   #21
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
not sure I'm comfortable talking about Stephen's tackle
Old 12 May 2004, 22:02 (Ref:969244)   #22
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
now thats a word play joke that non-english speakers won't get.
Old 12 May 2004, 22:45 (Ref:969292)   #23
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I like the way an official came running in telling them to take it easy or calm down or something like.

"Guys dont beat him your on the telly , take him out back and do it "