Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 May 2004, 14:46 (Ref:986352)   #1
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf

I don't know why I'm posting this but still.....

According to one site Ralf is being nice about Williams saying he has not made his mind up yet - on the other hand last weekend's rumour was that his move would be confirmed this weekend

Conclusion ?

Toyota have blown him out !
Old 28 May 2004, 15:07 (Ref:986376)   #2
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure about it: when a driver decides to change team for the following, he normally prefers to wait for the late part of the current year.
Old 28 May 2004, 15:21 (Ref:986395)   #3
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
he said that... in the press conference... he said that with Sam Michael in charge... he could stay at Williams..
also he said he will be in f1 next year weather it be at williams or somewhere else..
Old 28 May 2004, 15:24 (Ref:986402)   #4
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, according to yesterday Press Conference it looks to me like something has/had to do with Head...

Quote:
(yesterday Press Conference)
Q: What about your own future? Have you got anything to tell us?

RS:Nope. Why? Nothing is decided yet. We are still talking, certainly still waiting for what is happening in our team and then I will see what the outcome is.
[...]
Q: (Will Gray - Collings Sport) Ralf, you have a very good relationship with Sam Michael, a long-lasting one. Do you see his promotion as being
a) helpful for the team, obviously, but
b) helpful for yourself in terms of staying with the team?

RS:It was definitely a very helpful step for the team which, hopefully, I'm sure he will prove and whether it has anything to do with my situation I'm not sure yet. That will take a while. I'm simply waiting to decide what I'm going to do. That's all I can say at the moment.
Add to that his other comments like "the car will improve, almost certainly things are going to change" etc, it looks like a change of his tune..

Last edited by Red; 28 May 2004 at 15:25.
Old 28 May 2004, 15:27 (Ref:986405)   #5
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Im sure that he is happy that his former engineer is in charge...
Old 28 May 2004, 15:31 (Ref:986411)   #6
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Its a pity and a shame that Ralf and his guru Willi cant make up their minds and let all know where he's going. Ralf's move is holding up the field because all depends on the 2 seats at Williams. There are potential drivers in picture:

Ralf
DC
Webber
ANT
Pizzonia
Gene

Imho, if he does move out of williams, ANT is in with a big chance. However it seems as if Ralf and Willi are playing the 'German' card. Its probable that BMW is desperate to keep Ralf and may have threatened to pull out if there isnt a german driver. Imho Head's move into the Williams factory might also be a move to appease BMW. All in all, I have never seen any driver in the history of formula=one play so much politics with his future. I guess it runs in the family..

Ralf should make up his mind and get it over with. Now that he will not have PH to kick his **** in the paddock, he would probably want to stay at williams... what a %$%$!
Old 28 May 2004, 15:35 (Ref:986417)   #7
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
i dont think its RS playing politics but rather he is doing and saying whatever Willi Weber is telling him to do...
Old 28 May 2004, 15:38 (Ref:986418)   #8
freud
Veteran

Well again thats what a 'ralf fan' thinks! It doesnt matter what you and I think. And please, its not that Willi controls a kid on diapers named 'Ralf'. Doest Ralf has his own mind? Cant he think whats good for him?

No wonder DC is crying out loud begging Ralf to sign a contract. I can understand his frustration.
Old 28 May 2004, 15:56 (Ref:986429)   #9
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rarely do I defend Ralf or condone his oft-boneheaded moves on and off the track.

But in this case, he doesn't really have a lot to lose by waiting right now... Williams is in no hurry to finalize their lineup, and Toyota don't seem to be too concerned with it either right now. He hasn't really been performing as well as he'd like, so he can take this time to try to turn it around. It sucks for all the other drivers whose futures seem to depend on where Ralf goes, but that's life...
Old 28 May 2004, 16:33 (Ref:986460)   #10
freud
Veteran

You must be glad not to be in the shoes of Webber, DC, AD, Pizzonia, Gene, JV, Fisichella, or wait.. lets just say half of the pack

If Ralf was a Senna or a Prost, I would understand. But wait.. he's a guy whose second name is 'Schumacher'.. aah i see!
Old 28 May 2004, 17:01 (Ref:986484)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I really don't think Sam Michael's appointment as technical director will make that much difference in terms of which driver they get. I'm sure they took Sam's view point before anyway and Patrick Head hasn't gone anywhere, in fact he has an even more senior role (and a big share in Williams!). And Frankly there is also some other bloke with a bit of a say!
Old 28 May 2004, 17:01 (Ref:986485)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If ralf holds out much longer he won't get a seat next year. I'm pretty sure he won't be driving a Williams next year....I've no evidence of that of course, but that seems to be the general feeling. He's said too many things and (definitely) drove too badly for a while I feel.
Old 28 May 2004, 17:02 (Ref:986487)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And as Adam has just pointed out, Patrick Head hasn't done a dissapearing act as some people seem to think!
Old 28 May 2004, 17:12 (Ref:986495)   #14
freud
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
And as Adam has just pointed out, Patrick Head hasn't done a dissapearing act as some people seem to think!
Exactly... it might be just that these kids think PH was this 'technical guy' who used to just engineer the williams team. They probably dont know that Ross Brown was a student under PH in the 70s. PH was and still is the 'benchmark',, he's the best and not only that he's one of the co-owners of the williams team. I have tremendous respect for Patrick Head. I am sure he will be working as hard, if not harder and we will continue to see mpre of him for years to come. PH is a legend of formula one.

Back to the topic... Ralf must get his act together. It seems as if he has suddenly developed new love for williams. After blasting and ignoring them for past 5 months, I just cant see the reason what's suddenly cropped up inside his or Willi's head.

Last edited by freud; 28 May 2004 at 17:15.
Old 28 May 2004, 17:55 (Ref:986540)   #15
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Called hedging your bets - but IMO the Toyota deal still isn't signed , I can believe it is drawn up - but not signed and sealed.
Old 28 May 2004, 18:00 (Ref:986542)   #16
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ralf fan
i dont think its RS playing politics but rather he is doing and saying whatever Willi Weber is telling him to do...
So Wili Weber is playing politics

Wouldn't surprise me...
Old 28 May 2004, 18:33 (Ref:986560)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I doubt that Willi Weber is physically making Ralf say these things...unless he really is a robot.
Old 28 May 2004, 19:24 (Ref:986615)   #18
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
then maybe MS is a puppet?... and its Willi who is the 6 time WDC!
Old 28 May 2004, 20:13 (Ref:986663)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Que?
Old 28 May 2004, 21:22 (Ref:986701)   #20
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To be honest, Monaco qually aside, one of the FW27s will be wasted if Ralf signs for 2005.

Sorry, but in my eyes the damage has already been done. It would be madness!
Old 28 May 2004, 21:26 (Ref:986702)   #21
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They fired Damon for less than that!
Old 28 May 2004, 21:28 (Ref:986705)   #22
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ASCII Man
They fired Damon for less than that!
Exactly.
Old 28 May 2004, 21:48 (Ref:986717)   #23
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Re: Ralf

Quote:
Originally posted by josvandeperre

According to one site Ralf is being nice about Williams saying he has not made his mind up yet
Not sure it matters how nice Rafe is about Williams, imo, they won't keep him anyway.