Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One > Predictions Contest & Fun

Old 25 May 2004, 15:18 (Ref:982651)   #1
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
10 Tenths fans comp Monaco - RESULTS!

10 Tenths Fans comp - Monaco - Results.

A tricky one this, the usual suspects not retiring early made for generally low scores across the board.

A reminder of the questions.

1. Who will finish 9th in the race?
2. What will be the combined starting positions of both Toyota's
3. What will be the total points scored in this race by cars on Bridgestones
4. How many cars who finish in the top 8 will be sponsored by tobacco brands?
5. Who will start 10th on the grid?
6. On which lap will the first retirement occur?
7. Where will the highest placed Sauber qualify?
8. First Retirement?
9. 2nd Retirement?
10.3rd Retirement?

The Answers

1. Baumgartner
2. 28 - Da Matta ( 15) Panis ( 13)
3. 12 - RB (6) FM (4) NH (2)
4. 4 - 1 Ren, 1 BAR, 1 Fer, 1 Jord
5. Fisichella
6. Lap 1 - Klein
7. 10th - Fisichella
8. Klein Lap 1
9. Sato - Lap 2
10. Fisichella Lap 2

Note:As we had several cars retiring due to the same incident, we have listed the retirements as above. Sato as the 2nd retirement, his engine blow being the cause of the incident. The 3rd retirement as Fisichella who was out on the spot - DC would be the 4th retirement, his car being retired when he returned it to the pits.

Monaco Results

1= on 5 points
beau
gert

3rd = on 3 points

Rafael
steve r
climb
mirwin
John SSC
dcp2685
devil racer nz

11th = on 2 points

Pitstop
touringleglend
Bleu
BootsOnthe Side
Bulldogspirit
Cougar 21
Led Zepp F1
Mr V
knowlesy
Fish_Flake
Thorstone
NI Tram

24th = on 1 point

garcon
senna 12
Carla O
Mekola
Asp
Daisy
ralf fan
Damon
esorniloc
gti5notrkt
Driver T
jetsetter
x_dt
Mathopps
jclab
Skam85
15tkm 4/

No score
Clean Tone
zetta
Peter Mallet

Leaderboard after Monaco.

1st on 22 points

Mr V

= 2nd on 21 points
Rafael
senna 12
Daisy

= 5th on 20 points
ASCII Man
Pitstop

= 7th on 19 points
steve r
climb
Bleu
Mekola

= 11th on 18 points
nickf1
Cougar 21
garcon

=14th on 17 points
beau
Fish_Flake
Damon

=17th on 16 points
BootsOnthe Side
Asp
ralf fan
Clean Tone
zetta

=22nd on 15 points
Aussie V8
mirwin
John SSC
touringleglend
Bulldogspirit
Led Zepp F1

28th on 14 points
Carla O

=29th on 13 points
Driver T
jetsetter
x_dt

=32nd on 12 points
pb btcc
knowlesy
esorniloc
Red

36th on 11 points
Thorstone

37th on 10 points
Epsilon

=38th on 8 points
hamsmith
NI Tram
gti5notrkt

=41st on 7 points
rodrigomarban
jclab

=43rd on 6 points
gert
dcp2685
Skam85

=46th on 5 points
pirenzo
baclighting
Mathopps
15tkm 4/

=50th on 4 points
DNQ
Sato San
paulzinho
HDTVKSS
Shadowking

=55th on 3 points
Aussie F3
Omega99
devil racer nz
Peter Mallet

=59th on 2 points
Amigo
R
grumpy 1
v8 fan

=63rd on 1 point
Irv the Swerve
Toth

Any errors please shout out!

ST

Old 25 May 2004, 15:26 (Ref:982658)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Cheers ST, out right leader after a very average performance
Old 25 May 2004, 15:46 (Ref:982681)   #3
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
woohoo 2pts! and 4pts behind!!! eesh thats a lot of points in this game!!!

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 25 May 2004, 16:08 (Ref:982697)   #4
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm... THAT bad did I go eh!? I didn't deserve a nomination not even in the "No score" list! Hmm... well, guess it's better that some points deducted...
Old 25 May 2004, 16:20 (Ref:982709)   #5
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 'pin sticking' method I adopt for this comp. has once again got me some points, which surprises even me!

Well done ST.
Old 25 May 2004, 17:15 (Ref:982769)   #6
CleanTone
Racer

Romania
Colentina
CleanTone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
0 points is ok. Now, who got Baumgartner 9th???
Old 25 May 2004, 17:15 (Ref:982770)   #7
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Re: 10 Tenths fans comp Monaco - RESULTS!

Quote:
Originally posted by Super Tourer
Note:As we had several cars retiring due to the same incident, we have listed the retirements as above. Sato as the 2nd retirement, his engine blow being the cause of the incident. The 3rd retirement as Fisichella who was out on the spot - DC would be the 4th retirement, his car being retired when he returned it to the pits.
I doubt this will change anyone's score, but:
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore (Australia thread)
quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
What happens if there's a multiple collision taking out mroe than 3 cars, similar to 2002?
-----
We shall use the order that they appear on the FIA race results.
The official results (well, the results from formula1.com) have the retirements as Klien, Fisi, DC, then Sato (no, I don't see the logic in that either - I'd say Klien, Fisi, Sato, DC - but that's beside the point!) Could we please have clarification if (well, more when probably) this happens again? :confused:
Old 25 May 2004, 17:29 (Ref:982785)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No surprise to see a certain name in the zero score list.

Not as if I did much better though!
Old 25 May 2004, 17:32 (Ref:982788)   #9
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What did i do? :confused:
I don't feature anywhere but i'm still 2 points off first place in the standings?
Old 25 May 2004, 17:42 (Ref:982808)   #10
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Re: Re: 10 Tenths fans comp Monaco - RESULTS!

Quote:
Originally posted by Asp
I doubt this will change anyone's score, but:

The official results (well, the results from formula1.com) have the retirements as Klien, Fisi, DC, then Sato (no, I don't see the logic in that either - I'd say Klien, Fisi, Sato, DC - but that's beside the point!) Could we please have clarification if (well, more when probably) this happens again? :confused:
I looked at this and I couldn't see how Fizzi could be regarded as retiring before Sato, when Sato's retirement caused the crash that eliminated him !

It's clear that DC retired after Fisichella as he returned to the pits and the car was retired there, whilst Fizzi's car was still upside down on the track.

It is a tricky one, but I tried to choose the logical route on this occasion.
Old 25 May 2004, 17:49 (Ref:982813)   #11
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
WOW!!! 1 point...

Peter 0 again

Last edited by ralf fan; 25 May 2004 at 17:58.
Old 25 May 2004, 17:56 (Ref:982818)   #12
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Re: Re: Re: 10 Tenths fans comp Monaco - RESULTS!

Quote:
Originally posted by Super Tourer
I looked at this and I couldn't see how Fizzi could be regarded as retiring before Sato, when Sato's retirement caused the crash that eliminated him !

It's clear that DC retired after Fisichella as he returned to the pits and the car was retired there, whilst Fizzi's car was still upside down on the track.

It is a tricky one, but I tried to choose the logical route on this occasion.
I think it is because Sato travelled a few more metres than Fisi... hence the computer must have thought that Sato retired after Fisi because he travelled more distances... remember Fisi accident happened a few metres BEHIND Sato's car...

But i think the logical thing to do would be to take Sato as the 2nd retiree.. however guys who may have lost pts because of this may disagree with me
Old 27 May 2004, 17:43 (Ref:985314)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes Ralf fan is correct with the reason. I think that is how they always decide the retirements when two cars go out in a collision between them.
Old 27 May 2004, 19:27 (Ref:985393)   #14
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the order is viewed as the used race time.

Sato was best of those three (Coulthard, Fisichella) after lap 2, and all three retired on lap 3.

On the other note, Fisichella was 11th in qualifying, but started from 10th on the grid after Ralf's penalty. So I think it's better to have clarification about those "where will x qualify" or "who will start xth"

Last edited by Bleu; 27 May 2004 at 19:31.
Old 28 May 2004, 02:11 (Ref:985662)   #15
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1 point for me, another lousy weekend.
Old 28 May 2004, 04:28 (Ref:985724)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Bleu
I think the order is viewed as the used race time.
I'm not quite sure I know what you mean.

It could be the order they crossed the line at the end of the previous lap.
Quote:
Originally posted by Bleu
So I think it's better to have clarification about those "where will x qualify" or "who will start xth"
At the moment these two are the same for this competition. Qualifying for the GP involves more than just setting a time. It includes everything from getting a superlicence and all other rules for getting into the race. Part of Ralf's qualification is completing the rest of the weekend with no engine change. Qualification sets the order of the grid, so Ralf qualified 12th.

I shall get Ralf fan to clarify what pole means in the other competition too.
Old 28 May 2004, 06:31 (Ref:985772)   #17
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WOW, unexpectedly good!
MrV, I'm coming!
Old 28 May 2004, 13:27 (Ref:986240)   #18
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Don't forget that DC got back to the pits, so techncially he completed lap 3 and thus retired after Sato or Fisichella, making him the 4th retirement. As for Fisichella and Sato, Takuma was ahead after lap 2, adn his car travelled further on lap 3, so he was the later retirement whichever way you look at it.
Old 28 May 2004, 13:40 (Ref:986254)   #19
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Helloo??
Is this thing on??

How did i do?
Old 28 May 2004, 14:16 (Ref:986315)   #20
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Like myself Ascii dude, so bad that the mods wanted to save us the embarrassment...
Old 28 May 2004, 15:10 (Ref:986379)   #21
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You did zero then?
Old 28 May 2004, 15:16 (Ref:986390)   #22
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Worse methinks... Clean Tone, zetta and Peter Mallet did zero!
Old 28 May 2004, 17:01 (Ref:986486)   #23
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Red and ASCII Man, the comp figures are on my work computer, I'll add your scores to the Monaco list after the weekend, sorry for missing you off the list!

ST
Old 1 Jun 2004, 10:24 (Ref:990084)   #24
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
As promised:

Monaco scores:

ASCII Man - 4 points
Red - no score.
Old 1 Jun 2004, 11:03 (Ref:990138)   #25
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
igh: