Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 18 Sep 2010, 10:28 (Ref:2761165)   #26
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But... So far it seems that not too many of us are intestred in taking part. I'm starting to lose keepig track of who would play and who won't. So, I'm planning to open another thread with polling which would show the situation much clearer, right?

bio
Old 18 Sep 2010, 10:42 (Ref:2761171)   #27
bio
Veteran

Hungary
I guess everyone noticed, but just to be sure: I opened another thread for the poll. You can go and cast your vote.

bio
Old 19 Sep 2010, 11:28 (Ref:2761489)   #28
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It took a while to decide, but it's Kitchen Sink Speedway that I'd like to enter in the championship. This one is more of a sportscar track, probably best suited to ALMS/LMS type of cars.
Old 19 Sep 2010, 18:02 (Ref:2761599)   #29
bio
Veteran

Hungary
OK, Yannick - the only slight problem is that, as the polling shows, it seems there will be no championship

bio
Old 20 Sep 2010, 12:14 (Ref:2761875)   #30
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio View Post
OK, Yannick - the only slight problem is that, as the polling shows, it seems there will be no championship

bio
I've seen that. Bio, I guess your racing series seems to face similar challenges as those from the real world. Maybe it has got something to do that users of other sections of TenTenths rarely if ever come here onto MyTracks? I'm pretty sure there are gamers out there somewhere who would be interested in trying out new tracks. It's just that I don't know where. It's September, the end of the motor racing season is close. Maybe that's also got something to do with the low number of participation?
Old 20 Sep 2010, 13:24 (Ref:2761924)   #31
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Well, youre probably right. The thing is that I'm not head over heels to get this championship up and running - I thought if you folks are interestred in it like I am, I'll give it a go. Seems like not enough of us would actually participate actively.

bio
Old 24 Sep 2010, 14:44 (Ref:2764023)   #32
resir014
Rookie

Indonesia
Indonesia
resir014 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd suggest you use this design by me. Any tweaks are welcome.
Old 24 Sep 2010, 20:07 (Ref:2764160)   #33
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Well, if there'll ever be championship, that's what I'm gonna use of your tracks, I promise

bio
Old 24 Sep 2010, 20:28 (Ref:2764176)   #34
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Guys,
the championship plans are now officially history. Or, at least, for now. If there is sufficient demand, we might move on, but now there clearly isn't.

I would hate to disappoint those who picked one of their tracks hoping to get it done and be able to drive on them, so I will do these tracks:

SBF: Intrepid Raceway
LuiggiSpeed: Caribbean Park
Yannick: Kitchen Sink Speedway
Plus: Dan Selby's BTB track if it's indeed compatible with racer as Quintin kindly pointed out.
(I hope I didn't leave out anyone...)

Intrepid Raceway will be the first one, since I've already done it, all it needs is a facelift and some refining/refurbishing.

I will probably ask for additional data about the tracks of the three (four?) of you along the process, OK?

After that I plan to assemble a "racing pack" with Racer plus the proper car and track folders. I also plan to include my track choice (I still haven't decided which one of the 4-5 candidates) plus two of those I already did for My Tracks, one called Lasham (I'm trying to find the thread) and the more recent Berkshire Park (provided I get the track concept creators' consent).

Is it fair this way?

bio

PS: Seems like I cannot really use the Sketchup files. Opening them in Blender is one thing, but then making use of them is another. If I find a way to use them, I will. If not - then not, sadly