Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Jan 2004, 10:21 (Ref:825093)   #26
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by EERO
Frankly, I find this subject a tad distasteful.
So do I. They think it's OK 'as long as nobody gets hurt'.....where do you draw the line?

No, kiddywinks, crashes are not 'part of the sport'; crashes are the sport getting it wrong. Speaking as one of the people who is there to pick up the pieces when things do go wrong, I'll be very happy if I don't see one single crash this year.
Old 1 Jan 2004, 18:11 (Ref:825225)   #27
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
One reason we watch the sport is the danger, but that is a difference to celebrating crashes and handing out awards to Alonso for ludicrously ignoring yellow flags, as established by this thread!
Old 2 Jan 2004, 00:15 (Ref:825408)   #28
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's no such thing as a great crash. I want to see wheel to wheel racing, not wrecks. I know motorsport is dangerous, but discussing what was your favourite crash?

Last edited by Yoong Montoya; 2 Jan 2004 at 00:18.
Old 2 Jan 2004, 02:49 (Ref:825472)   #29
f1_smiley
Rookie

f1_smiley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
instead of f1....
watch the crash derby or sly stallone's CART flic
Old 2 Jan 2004, 05:14 (Ref:825503)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Having said that, if M.Schumacher had fenced the Faz in Suzuka, it is entirely possible that some of the less cultured among us (me included) may have been doing handstands at the though that Kimi may have had a shot at the title. Presuming TGF was safe, well and unharmed of course!
Old 2 Jan 2004, 10:00 (Ref:825573)   #31
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
to have more wheel to wheel racing would be to have more crashes. just like to have a more exiting football match would have bad tackles. crashing is very much a part of the sport. its one of the major factors of the sport.

like i said if a football player goes wrong he could miss a shot, lose a game, or get penalised for a bad tackle. just like a race driver could go wrong, he would lose a race, or make a mistake and crash. you could say it is the sport going wrong but in a way it isnt. its just part of the show. motor racing would not be motor racing if crashing never occured. just like football wouldnt be football if there were no free kicks, or penalties. like it or lump it, dont complain about it.