Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 14 Mar 2001, 21:41 (Ref:71189)   #26
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Three cheers from Sparky! I trust you'll have it ready in time for you to venture out to Silverstone this weekend, sir ? Should be a great first few weeks of the season I reckon
Old 14 Mar 2001, 21:54 (Ref:71201)   #27
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Let's hope so!

The way I see it, I'll be finishing the bodywork prep tomorrow, getting everything in primer, and possibly even painting the yellow bits...

Friday will be painting the rest; all the red bits, black interior and black/undersealed underside. I've also got to check and adjust all the suspension geometry, after my pushyou/pullme efforts today And fit some rear negative camber brackets too!

Assuming I've got that far by Friday evening, I'll be spending Saturday in the depths of Northamptonshire with this bunch of nutters that I know, so that I can put it all back together on Sunday afternoon, new bumper, grille, etc, ready for Chris and Maisie to collect Sunday night!

Here's hopin'!
Old 14 Mar 2001, 21:56 (Ref:71202)   #28
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Woohoo!

And you'll be at Donny next weekend too, I take it ?

I presume there's practice on Saturday 24th ? As i've got this Saturday off, I presume i'll be working next Saturday If i'm not, i'll try to get along to practice too
Old 14 Mar 2001, 23:00 (Ref:71237)   #29
Chris Y
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Excellent news Sparkster!

Sorry for the late reply I've been buried in designing my own website, which I find really, really tedious

Anyway - I think after reading the report on what you've done, I've just gained the confidence to go that little bit deeper into Redgate corner! I just hope there's enough runoff

Can I also suggesto to any spectators that they not stand at the entrance to Redgate. Last time there were people there (Woody and Lorny) I waved to them and nearly visited the grandstand on my way out of the circuit

Sorry for giving you loads of work to do bloke, I really hope you can get it all done in time (you've done fantastically well so far!) - feel free to leave any non-essential bits for me to do..

Looking forward to the weekend now, and Really looking forward to the first race. Time to get some more stickers organised...
Old 14 Mar 2001, 23:08 (Ref:71244)   #30
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Y

We'll all be trying not to exist until you've had some coffee and woken up

I'm going to bring several crates of Redbull I think
Sounds like a great idea, Chris! With the several crates of Redbull I will bring, I may manage to say hello to people
Old 14 Mar 2001, 23:08 (Ref:71245)   #31
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Can I also suggesto to any spectators that they not stand at the entrance to Redgate. Last time there were people there (Woody and Lorny) I waved to them and nearly visited the grandstand on my way out of the circuit
So, where would you suggest we stand that'll be the least likely place for you to spin off if you get the sudden urge to wave to us during the race
Old 15 Mar 2001, 01:27 (Ref:71285)   #32
Chris Y
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
How about the bar?

Or possibly the car park?

Just kidding I don't mind where you go.. Chances are when it gets right down to it, I probably will be too busy concentrating on the other cars to notice any spectators
Old 15 Mar 2001, 18:33 (Ref:71428)   #33
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Well if you're daft enough to try to wave and turn the corner at the same time

Nuff respect to RickP who managed to spot me and wave whilst I was in the grandstand today
Old 15 Mar 2001, 19:58 (Ref:71454)   #34
Chris Y
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Blimey that bloke's got good eyesight...

Incidentally, I'm led to believe Rick was the birthday boy today, so:

HAPPY xxth BIRTHDAY RICK!

Old 16 Mar 2001, 20:53 (Ref:71763)   #35
Chris Y
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Craig and Invader! (sorry )

The Deoraby race day at Donington on the 25th of March is officially on. Just got the final instructions in the post, including tickets and all that..

Here's the timetable:

Qualifying:
Alfa Romeo Classes A-E 0900-0915
Star of the Midlands FF1600 0925-0940
VW Racing Cup 0950-1005
Alfa Romeo Class F 1015-1030
Maranello Ferrari Challenge 1040-1055
Fulda Fiats! 1105-1120
Mighty Minis! 1130-1145
Le Mans Auto-Italia 1155-1210
Super Mighty Minis 1220-1235

Races:
Alfa Romeo Classes A-E 1320 - 10 laps
VW Racing Cup Race 1 1350 - 10 laps
Star of the Midlands FF1600 1420 - 10 laps
Alfa Romeo Class F 1450 - 10 laps
Maranello Ferrari Challenge 1520 - 12 laps
VW Racing Cup Race 21550 - 10 laps
Fulda Fiats! 1620 - 10 laps
Mighty Minis! 1650 - 10 laps
Le Mans Auto-Italia 1720 - 12 laps
Super Mighty Minis 1750 - 12 laps

And here is an entry sheet for the Mighty Minis..
Attached Thumbnails
minentry.jpg  
Old 16 Mar 2001, 21:05 (Ref:71764)   #36
Sparky
Veteran

Wa-Hey! Minis are GO!!!

...Just as well I've nearly finished Voggie then!

All painted, cage re-installed, extinguisher hooked up, doors re-hung (and they open!) grille, arches, lights, bumper, bonnet & catches - all on!

I've just got to re-adjust the suspension and steering, underseal inside the wings and under the sill, and dust off the rest of the car, and it's all yours Chris!

(By the way, I noticed the Mini race isn't until ten to five - Lorny should be awake by then! )
Old 17 Mar 2001, 12:01 (Ref:71880)   #37
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And we wondered if you knew what you was doing!?!?!?!

4.50pm ouch .... think we will all be asleep again by then.

Last edited by WoodyTJ; 17 Mar 2001 at 12:04.
Old 17 Mar 2001, 14:22 (Ref:71921)   #38
Lorna
Veteran

11.30am?!?!?!?!?!?

That means I will be able to get about 3 hours sleep I reckon. Chris, forget the Red Bulls, bring some brown and some white paint to paint eyes on my eyelids
Old 17 Mar 2001, 22:35 (Ref:72052)   #39
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
4:50 - if it's anything like Silverstone was today at that time then I'll be frozen to a section of grass somewhere and far too cold to be aware of anything that might be going on on the track!!!!
Old 18 Mar 2001, 16:35 (Ref:72371)   #40
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You're not far wrong there, Carrie, although at least with Donington you can sit in your car and watch the action from the Old Hairpin.

I'll definitely be there, as I don't have to work. Oh how wonderful!!
Old 19 Mar 2001, 00:53 (Ref:72599)   #41
Sparky
Veteran

There goes a very happy Mini owner!

Chris and Maisie have just left this dark corner of Suffolk (I'm even further east than Snetterton! ) with a very shiny and straight-looking Mighty Mini in tow!

Those guys are committed - or at least they should be!
I suspect they're not going to be home in sunny Glossop until at least 4 a.m. !!!

Thanks for visiting guys! (And thanks for the kind words about the Mini - I did my best - It was a labour of love!)

JUST DON'T BEND IT!!!
Old 19 Mar 2001, 18:43 (Ref:72753)   #42
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You mean that none of you are coming to Monza??????
Lorna?
Woody?
The weather forecast is 17 degrees and Sunny...

Gutted!

Thanks for the birthday wishes Chris, and yes Redshoes I thought it was a bloody good spot as well, especially as the vibration of the engine (to which my seat is bolted) means the eyes don't work too good after a while!

Take any good pictures? Me and Mr Wiseman might be in the market for some!

Seriously, good luck Chris, I expect an update to Monza on the text msg! (Woody? or should I say Deserter? has my mobile no.)

Cheers

Old 19 Mar 2001, 19:05 (Ref:72759)   #43
Lorna
Veteran

Mr 51: If you would like to fund my travelling expenses, I'll be there because the weather sounds very inviting as well as watching you race, of course (sorry Chris )

We'll be thinking of you and hope you get the results you need.
Old 19 Mar 2001, 19:12 (Ref:72762)   #44
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rick, like Lorna I'll be supporting you every inch of the way.

Sunny weather ...... raining Donny ..... such choices!
Old 19 Mar 2001, 19:35 (Ref:72783)   #45
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure there must be a way we can all sneak down to Monza. I mean 4 of us can sit in the car - won't take up any room will we girls!!!

Aaahhh sun, warmth, motor racing... heaven
Old 19 Mar 2001, 19:38 (Ref:72784)   #46
Chris Y
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Grr. Trying to steal my new fan club eh? eh? Grrrr....

I'll text message you so long as you text message me, Mr. Clio51

As for the trip back from Stowmarket? We got back at 6:30am.. Put the Mini and the trailer in the garage, and then I shot off home to fall unconscious for an hour and wake up this morning feeling like the floor of a Nissan Sunny taxi

But.. it was well worth it! Thanks Sparky
Old 19 Mar 2001, 19:49 (Ref:72792)   #47
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Don't worry Chris, i'll be there! Cannot make it to Sunday lunchtime now sadly, but i'll be there for the race!

BTW, anyone told you you're mad before ?!
Old 19 Mar 2001, 19:51 (Ref:72796)   #48
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was going to post at great length about how fantastic the Mini looks, but ... urgh I've been awake pretty much solidly since I got up to watch the Grand Prix, barring a couple of hours in the passenger seat, and I can't believe I'm still awake.

I might add that a certain Mr Y didn't bother his arse to get out of bed for the F1, which is his tough luck since the video tape broke, so we have no copy. Does anyone have a copy to lend the lazy sod?
Old 20 Mar 2001, 09:39 (Ref:72971)   #49
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Contrast and compare:

http://www.meto.gov.uk/worldcity/milan.html

http://www.meto.gov.uk/ukcity/nottingham.html

And still they desert me...

Gutted.

RickP
Old 20 Mar 2001, 11:09 (Ref:72985)   #50
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think I might venture up to Donnington on Sunday (in a spectating capacity as I can't face the early start what with the hour changing) where can we meet up?