Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 14 Jan 2007, 14:07 (Ref:1814865)   #26
banzooki
Rookie

banzooki has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I been looking into driving in Stockhatch this year but iam being put of by the tyre ware i have been told about!
Then i see extra weight is to be added ,these tyres are just going to ware out even faster !

What do others think about this?
Old 14 Jan 2007, 16:28 (Ref:1814967)   #27
silver bullet
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Everybody is not going to have to add weight, some cars may be able to go on a bit of a diet

I don't think the wear rate of the tyres is too excessive, especially at the colder, wetter meetings. On a hot dry day they can wear a bit, but a lot depends on your driving style and how you have the car set up.

On average I get about one new tyre a meeting and I move it around the car to get the most use out of it, (ie, 1st. meeting outside front, 2nd. meeting inside front and then onto the back).
Old 14 Jan 2007, 19:21 (Ref:1815103)   #28
banzooki
Rookie

Thanks for getting back to me silver bullet:

What car do you drive?

I have read the rules and i see that lightening is not allowed so what do you mean by going on a diet?

Anyway say if a car needs 100 kgs to comply with new rules the wear rate is going to be a lot greater surly isnt it?

I read somewhere that Yokos do wear pritty quickly on some tracks and on summer days !

Also wont cars use more fuel if they carry more weight ? more cost!

Are this new rules set in concrete? can't the organisers just add weight to the car that win everything to even out the field?
Old 14 Jan 2007, 19:46 (Ref:1815137)   #29
daz2202
Racer

England
Canterbury
daz2202 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sorry but i really disagree with your comments regarding adding wieght to the winners. Why should anybody be penalised just because they are good at what they do and build a decent motor.

Also if you are worried about extra wieght costing you more fuel then maybe racing is not your game as mpg just aint an option.
Old 14 Jan 2007, 20:04 (Ref:1815160)   #30
banzooki
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz2202
sorry but i really disagree with your comments regarding adding wieght to the winners. Why should anybody be penalised just because they are good at what they do and build a decent motor.

So why are the weights being introduced?

Also if you are worried about extra wieght costing you more fuel then maybe racing is not your game as mpg just aint an option.
Oh racing is my game how long have you been racing?
Anyway i ment are the 5 lt tanks going to hold sufficient fuel as extra load means extra fuel consumption.
Old 14 Jan 2007, 20:20 (Ref:1815174)   #31
silver bullet
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I haven't had chance to checkout the new weights yet, but as I understand it each model of car will have it's own weight. The way this has been worked out is, all the Stockhatches that raced at Lydden were weighed and an average weight was found for each model.

What I was driving at with the diet comment was. Some cars have had everything stripped out of them that it was possible to strip, from the original fuel tank, right down to the last unneeded little screw/bolt/washer and the last little bit of trim. But with some of the cars only the minimum has been stripped to comply with the regs. There are quite a few kilo's difference between the minimum you must remove, to comply with the safety regs and the maximum ammount of unwanted stuff you can remove to loose as much weight as you can.
I hope you understand what I am trying to say.
Basically the lighter 205's/Saxo's/106's etc will have to put some weight on, but there is scope for some of the heavier 205's/Saxo's/106's etc to loose a little.

I don't think there is anyone who will have to put as much as 100 kilos on. The actual ammount for most people is going to be much less than that.

As for what I drive, it's an XR2i

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz2202
To make the racing closer and more exciting for the drivers and more interesting for the spectators.
It's worked very well for the race series that do add weight to the winners.
Old 14 Jan 2007, 20:52 (Ref:1815194)   #32
banzooki
Rookie

Ok i understand what you was getting at reguarding diet .

Still think the cars will need a lot more on board and will suffer with the extra weight brakes, tyres, suspension etc .

Also if you mean 750 mc re other classes , circuit racing is totally different to rallycross with rough off road sections and more stop starty.