Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Jan 2013, 11:56 (Ref:3195256)   #76
Beages
Rookie

Beages should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it fair to compare Larry Perkins with DJ,both retired similar times, one is sitting pretty and the other......Don't take this as a blue v red battle please.
Old 28 Jan 2013, 13:12 (Ref:3195287)   #77
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is there a fine for not turning up to the SMP day?
Old 28 Jan 2013, 14:03 (Ref:3195305)   #78
amiers
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
amiers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklegend View Post
Could it be that the long term debts are always creeping up on DJR, I can't think of how many stories of Dick selling this, selling that...just to stay afloat. Long gone are the days of big Shell money and Ford money helping the cause...but I guess the business is that fickle that once results don't flow the fair weather friends disappear.
Dick has loads of fans including myself, so it will be a pity to see the team in trouble. Decisions to keep SJ driving have clearly cost a lot, while he isn't a bad steerer I'd suggest they have let plenty pass them by that may have brought more commercially to the team than SJ can offer.
Perhaps there is another Rusty French out there??? Either way I'd expect Dick to leave the sport sooner rather than later. More power to him for sticking it out, but business is business....
i have to admit Steve Johnson holding his seat would have to be the biggest problem. if i remember that was the main drama with charlie wasnt it? Sell it Dick, i have been a DJR man for as long as i can remember and i would rather see the name continue than it gone forever.
Old 29 Jan 2013, 08:45 (Ref:3195614)   #79
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Potential investor pulls out from DJR

What is more interesting than this, is that DJR seems to have found a buyer for 2 of its 3 FG 2012 chassis. The original plan saw DJR preparing these cars, however if Mr Pickering has secured them, perhaps Mr Hunter's car preparer Mr Fernandez may be getting busy soon...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 29 Jan 2013, 09:18 (Ref:3195628)   #80
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Potential investor pulls out from DJR
Investor : someone who allocates capital with the expectation of a financial return.

A bottomless pit : someone or something that always needs or wants more of whatever they are given, especially money.
Old 29 Jan 2013, 11:36 (Ref:3195680)   #81
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Presuming that a VESA-ratified lease was put into place, as opposed to an external agreement of a loan/operation like at Erebus/JRR or FPR/RNR or FPR/Chasports... or Mr Fiore may be liable for the '$150k per round'(which I understood had been increased to $170k in the latest REC update)
Hopefully Fiore has some sort of backup plan if DJR can't build the cars in time... Who will have a spare COTF chassis ready to go in time for Clipsal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
As GTR has pointed out, the team should've offloaded their old rolling stock by now, and perhaps downsize themselves out of that two-car DVS campaign they were planning.
Problem is they are all much older than most of the other cars that have been sold... Perhaps asking too much money aswell.

Quote:
They'd be mad if they don't sign up a couple of pay drivers. Mr Owen and Mr Reindler are about their only hope at this point, unless someone like Mr Bargwanna pops his head up again.
Does Patrizi have enough dollars still? Or Taz?
Old 29 Jan 2013, 11:54 (Ref:3195690)   #82
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rik View Post
Hopefully Fiore has some sort of backup plan if DJR can't build the cars in time... Who will have a spare COTF chassis ready to go in time for Clipsal?
FPR, apparently. Possibly Triple Eight, too. But does Mr Fiore have the coin to lease one?

Quote:
Problem is they are all much older than most of the other cars that have been sold... Perhaps asking too much money aswell.
Mr Moffat's car was only half a season old. But yes, they'd not bought any others since the original four chassis. Sold the worst one to Wayne Whatshisname who had the DVS team in 2011, that Mr Mostert and Mr Walsh drove for. Then there's the Championship winner, then the two they just sold to Mr Pickering. Mr Fiore supplied his own car.

Quote:
Does Patrizi have enough dollars still? Or Taz?
Not sure what backing Mr Douglas has. If it's iSelect, he might be considered. I would say Mr Patrizi would want to bring more than what he brought to Tekno if he wanted to get a run.
Old 29 Jan 2013, 11:55 (Ref:3195691)   #83
rik
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
What is more interesting than this, is that DJR seems to have found a buyer for 2 of its 3 FG 2012 chassis. The original plan saw DJR preparing these cars, however if Mr Pickering has secured them, perhaps Mr Hunter's car preparer Mr Fernandez may be getting busy soon...
Sounds more like Pickering has taken the 3 chassis rather than having his "investment" cash returned.... which no doubt already been spent!
Old 29 Jan 2013, 12:02 (Ref:3195694)   #84
rik
Veteran

Quote:
FPR, apparently. Possibly Triple Eight, too. But does Mr Fiore have the coin to lease one?
I'm sure he can find some if it means avoiding a $150k+ fine and possibly loss of a REC worth $2m+?
Old 29 Jan 2013, 12:04 (Ref:3195695)   #85
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Sounds more like Pickering has taken the 3 chassis rather than having his "investment" cash returned.... which no doubt already been spent!
Says he only 'acquired' two.
Old 29 Jan 2013, 12:07 (Ref:3195696)   #86
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
I'm sure he can find some if it means avoiding a $150k+ fine and possibly loss of a REC worth $2m+?
I'm lead to believe the Fiore family still have a Triple Eight BF, a Triple Eight FG and a PMM VE in their posession. Probably got a Porsche or two, as well.

IF they can offload a few of those, they might have a chance.
Old 30 Jan 2013, 09:31 (Ref:3196086)   #87
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

AA is busy this week... suggesting that the team lost its 'investor' in Mr Pickering.. with little official clue as to how/why this association didnt work out..

Interesting that AA have learned that Jim Beam may be coming back to #17, rotating a number of their brands on that car across the year. Presumably this means that #12 shall be for a driver who can bring backing.

The story also suggests that DJR do not have 2 cars complete, that one is close, but lacks some key things (gearbox?) that may mean it doesnt run at Eastern Creek.

Wonder if there is a fine for non attendance at the test day?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 30 Jan 2013, 09:32 (Ref:3196087)   #88
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
I'm lead to believe the Fiore family still have a Triple Eight BF, a Triple Eight FG and a PMM VE in their posession. Probably got a Porsche or two, as well.

IF they can offload a few of those, they might have a chance.
It seems the Fiore 2012 FG has landed.. at Sonic.. for a development series debut..
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 30 Jan 2013, 09:42 (Ref:3196093)   #89
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em,
Know when to walk away and know when to run.
Old 30 Jan 2013, 10:00 (Ref:3196099)   #90
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I would say Mr Patrizi would want to bring more than what he brought to Tekno if he wanted to get a run.
Care to expand on this or is it a throw away line?

Are you reflecting on both parties?
Old 30 Jan 2013, 10:12 (Ref:3196105)   #91
Umai Naa
Veteran

One would think that a DJR seat at this point, wouldn't come cheap.
Old 30 Jan 2013, 10:28 (Ref:3196110)   #92
mspence
Racer

mspence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The bigger concern would be if your cheque clears, but there's not enough in the tank to make it through the full season, and you're left high and dry.
Old 30 Jan 2013, 10:46 (Ref:3196116)   #93
Samford
Rookie

Samford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevan-L View Post
Better order my Crimsafe Security Door now, while they're still worth something!!!
So you can protect your SBR & Gizz memorablia?
Old 30 Jan 2013, 12:23 (Ref:3196149)   #94
rik
Veteran

Quote:
If they are as desperate as reported, DJR will have to take the first reasonable offer to rent a seat, or maybe two seats... No time or money to wait for a big dollar offer!
Old 31 Jan 2013, 01:17 (Ref:3196420)   #95
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What are we missing here? Is there a bigger picture other than money? Seems odd that 2 of his so called friends and or financial backers have walked away.

Personality clash maybe. Dick doesnt come accross as a bady "On screen" but who knows what goes on behind closed doors.

Something doesnt really wash when ya mates leave you high and dry or is Dick just a very bad business man?
Old 31 Jan 2013, 07:28 (Ref:3196439)   #96
Umai Naa
Veteran

Someone mentioned on another forum, that Jill Johnson might be the problem.

Aparently, she's been the biggest stickler for having Steven in a seat in the main game. This apparently goes back as far as when John Bowe was still with the team.
Old 31 Jan 2013, 07:42 (Ref:3196443)   #97
davester
Racer

davester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You just could'nt take the risk of signing with this team if the reports are correct, unless you staggered your sponsors (cough - Dad's) funds on an "in arrears" or "event by event" basis.

Another team maybe that has been made to look very ordinary by 888 and lost its sponsors?...Oh stop it Davester!
Old 31 Jan 2013, 07:50 (Ref:3196446)   #98
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davester View Post

Another team maybe that has been made to look very ordinary by 888 and lost its sponsors?...Oh stop it Davester!

More like DJR have not lifted their game to be able to compete with 888.
Old 31 Jan 2013, 07:57 (Ref:3196450)   #99
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm surprised that the teams survived the GFC in regard to sponsorship
Old 31 Jan 2013, 09:23 (Ref:3196480)   #100
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davester View Post
You just could'nt take the risk of signing with this team if the reports are correct, unless you staggered your sponsors (cough - Dad's) funds on an "in arrears" or "event by event" basis.
I've been thinking the same.

A driver would not want to put his/her sponsors in potential jepardy, if there was the strong likelihood that the team might not see out the year.

One event at a time would probably be the way to go, that is if you've got some race-ready cars to play with...