Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 27 Jan 2007, 22:02 (Ref:1827432)   #101
Dean Watson
Veteran

England
Louth, Lincolnshire
Dean Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
got my invite to flag this morning, reply posted this evening along with speed test slip. As this is my first GP I thought I might aswell make the most of it. Looking forward to it and to meeting many tenthers who may be camping.
Old 28 Jan 2007, 09:23 (Ref:1827642)   #102
fazza
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wigan
fazza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet
Would this be your first GP? Had you done enough days to qualify?
Yes and yes only waiting for my training signature to qualify green/track (whatevery they are calling it this year) and I'll have that next Sunday at Oulton trining.
Old 28 Jan 2007, 11:15 (Ref:1827693)   #103
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazza
Yes and yes only waiting for my training signature to qualify green/track (whatevery they are calling it this year) and I'll have that next Sunday at Oulton trining.
If I'm right that's trainee to course? What did you show your grade as on the application form and did you explain when you would be eligable for an upgrade?

If you showed your grading as "trainee" without any other detail you might have just been sorted out of applications because you didn't meet the criteria.

As trainees are not eligable for the GP I'd be concerned that as you were a trainee when you applied that it might be problematic. Which club did you apply through? It might be worth making contact with someone there to see if you made it through their sorting process.

I'm sure there is someone on here with more experience of this who can add a bit more.
Old 28 Jan 2007, 12:19 (Ref:1827741)   #104
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that's right, if you have not got your MSA license to say you are a minimum of course marshal, you will not get invited.
Old 28 Jan 2007, 15:41 (Ref:1827897)   #105
fazza
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wigan
fazza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatic
that's right, if you have not got your MSA license to say you are a minimum of course marshal, you will not get invited.
I spoke to the MSA first and explained that I was trainee just waiting for training day signature and they sent me the volenteering forms direct.

I sent a covering letter in with the application to the BMMC, and have not hear anything back from either the BMMC to say they were or were not submitting my form, or the MSA.
Old 28 Jan 2007, 16:11 (Ref:1827919)   #106
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I haven't had mine...but that might be something to do with the fact that I didn't volunteer this year.

Giving it a miss this year...but have a great time everyone else whos going!!
Old 28 Jan 2007, 16:36 (Ref:1827939)   #107
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazza
I spoke to the MSA first and explained that I was trainee just waiting for training day signature and they sent me the volenteering forms direct.

I sent a covering letter in with the application to the BMMC, and have not hear anything back from either the BMMC to say they were or were not submitting my form, or the MSA.
Good. It's worth checking with the BMMC (send Chris a PM perhaps) to see what they say. I'm not sure what the protocol is in that situation.
Old 29 Jan 2007, 11:34 (Ref:1828472)   #108
mandyh000
Racer

England
Rugby
mandyh000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mine came through this morning... Cant wait!!!!
Old 29 Jan 2007, 11:44 (Ref:1828481)   #109
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got mine too, so who's gonna suffer having me camping near them??
Old 29 Jan 2007, 13:24 (Ref:1828559)   #110
Nighthawk
Veteran

United Kingdom
Swindon, Wiltshire
Nighthawk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
no Suffering clive I was next to you at last years
Old 29 Jan 2007, 16:40 (Ref:1828735)   #111
daviesfever
Rookie

Wales
port talbot
daviesfever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezza
There was if you were marshalling on the inside, you could have your tickets changed at sign on on the thursday afternoon.
Does this mean that we will have to sign on on thursday?
Be nice to know as i am traveling up from the extremely sunny south wales coast
Old 29 Jan 2007, 16:55 (Ref:1828743)   #112
Alan Green
Veteran

England
Doncaster
Alan Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, sign on is on the Thursday afternoon/evening together with the general briefings (although late comers can be signed on on Friday if needs be)

Al
Old 29 Jan 2007, 18:27 (Ref:1828803)   #113
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
CombeMarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is anyone manning the flags on Thursday afternoon for the fast laps??
Old 29 Jan 2007, 18:29 (Ref:1828804)   #114
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombeMarshal
Is anyone manning the flags on Thursday afternoon for the fast laps??
nope. I'm gonna watch the grass grow, it's more exciting! and if i spill my beer, guess what happens..................
Old 29 Jan 2007, 18:47 (Ref:1828812)   #115
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
CombeMarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive
nope. I'm gonna watch the grass grow, it's more exciting! and if i spill my beer, guess what happens..................
A) You cry,
B) The grass grows,
C) You eat the now alcoholic grass!!!!!
Old 29 Jan 2007, 19:20 (Ref:1828833)   #116
Piglet
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Green
Yep, sign on is on the Thursday afternoon/evening together with the general briefings (although late comers can be signed on on Friday if needs be)

Al
To pick up on this, yes as Al says sign on is Thursday pm/evening - each discipline has a different sign on time and briefing time which will be notified in your paperwork.

If you cannot make this time you MUST notify your chief in advance, their details will be on the paperwork you receive a couple of weeks before the event. You won't have a tabbard or anything will give you enough circuit access prior to sign on so you can't just wander into the circuit on Friday morning to sign on. Your chief will have to arrange to meet you to get you to sign on and to issue you with your tabbard, any additional passes etc. they will also need to arrange for you to have a separate briefing.

I know it's probably additional time off work but it is very much worth trying to get to the circuit for Thursday evening, you can get set up on the campsite, meet your neighbours and have a (small!) beer.
Old 29 Jan 2007, 19:50 (Ref:1828866)   #117
Stack
Veteran

Thailand
Leicester but dreaming of Thailand
Stack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I know it's probably additional time off work but it is very much worth trying to get to the circuit for Thursday evening.
About what time do you call evening? Would 6 o'clock be too late as I could be there for that time and not have time off work?

“Beer is not the answer........Beer is the question .........The answer is yes.”
Old 29 Jan 2007, 19:54 (Ref:1828870)   #118
Piglet
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack
About what time do you call evening? Would 6 o'clock be too late as I could be there for that time and not have time off work?
You'd really need to check with your chief. We (pits) have the last sign on which is usually at 7.30 or 8 (LOL I can't remember!) but most of the chiefs are around on site on the Thursday evening. What discipline are you, someone can probably give you a better idea of timing.
Old 29 Jan 2007, 19:55 (Ref:1828871)   #119
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Quote:

I know it's probably additional time off work but it is very much worth trying to get to the circuit for Thursday evening, you can get set up on the campsite, meet your neighbours and have a (small!) beer.
what's a (small!) beer?
Old 29 Jan 2007, 19:55 (Ref:1828872)   #120
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombeMarshal
A) You cry,
B) The grass grows,
C) You eat the now alcoholic grass!!!!!
and the grass comes up ????????????
Old 29 Jan 2007, 20:14 (Ref:1828884)   #121
Piglet
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive
what's a (small!) beer?
I dunno I've only found big ones!
Old 29 Jan 2007, 20:50 (Ref:1828928)   #122
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Well in that case, you'll be very welcome
Old 2 Feb 2007, 18:18 (Ref:1832078)   #123
Chris Hobson
Veteran

Chris Hobson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to confirm the guest pass situation, here is an excerpt from the response I received from the MSA

“Each Official will receive 2 wristbands only, one for your personal use throughout the duration of the event, and the other for your personal guest and not for resale (your armband/tabard will not allow access into the circuit). Please note that your guest wristband may not allow access to the centre of the circuit.”

Unfortunately, we are not in a position to confirm one way or the other at the moment, as it is again a case of being dictated to by a third party (in this case FOM). For the past few years they have been getting increasingly strict as to who is allowed centre circuit access. We will continue to do all we can to keep the centre access for marshals’ guests, although this is now only likely to be available for those marshals who are working within the centre."

As you can see, it is not the MSA being difficult - they are being told what they can and cannot allow.

If I hear anything different I will post the note here.

You also need be aware that the number of marshals they can acept for the event is also being dictated to them - and the number has reduced again for this year. So, if you have not been accepted, please do not blame either your club or the MSA - they can only have as many marshals as they have tabards!

Regards

Chris Hobson
National Chairman BMMC
Old 5 Feb 2007, 16:32 (Ref:1834030)   #124
garybirch
Racer

England
Taunton, Somerset UK
garybirch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Chris for that.

On another matter:
I always see people asking if any marshals are not going to be taking guests and would be happy to pass on their guest wristbands, and I always laugh thinking they'll be lucky!

Now, it's me asking the most rediculous question!!!
So if there is anyone out there who by the most remote of chances isn't likely to use their guest pass and would be happy to pass it on, could you let me know please?
Thanks very much.
Old 7 Feb 2007, 10:22 (Ref:1835286)   #125
Nighthawk
Veteran

United Kingdom
Swindon, Wiltshire
Nighthawk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Not sure if my mate wants to go but if he ain't You can have mine