Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Closed Thread

Old 13 Feb 2008, 20:52 (Ref:2128213)   #201
kootje
Rookie

Netherlands
Apeldoorn , Holland
kootje should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CCWS is with the merger dead anyway.....why not try to make it work.
What is it worth now 1 dollar? let it go bankrupt and buy it for 1dollar from KK....

Grtz Kootje
Old 13 Feb 2008, 21:22 (Ref:2128231)   #202
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
The main thing is it seems we are soon going to have one series, howsoever it manifests itself (be it merger or simply CC death).

This is undoubtedly a much needed occurence.

In some ways perhaps simply CC death is better than a merger of some form, as I fear all that will happen is we will have this whole "CC vs IRL" argument (sorry, debate with no end) put into a new wrapper.

If the upshot of all this is indeed one series, can we all agree, regardless of the form it takes, that it is an improvement on what we have now?

Last edited by Dutton; 13 Feb 2008 at 21:26.
Old 13 Feb 2008, 21:43 (Ref:2128250)   #203
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Probably not, no!

I can't wait for one single series, however it comes about.
Old 13 Feb 2008, 21:45 (Ref:2128253)   #204
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kootje
CCWS is with the merger dead anyway.....why not try to make it work.
Because that would be daft. Very, very daft indeed. How could it possibly work? What benefit would it be except keep the split going longer?
Old 13 Feb 2008, 23:39 (Ref:2128348)   #205
StefGi
Rookie

Canada
Trois-Rivieres, Quebec
StefGi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree completely with Tony. The merge must be done immediately. And i also think that the merge announcement will coming very soon. The actual situation must end now. One more year for CCWS, will be "une année de trop".
Old 14 Feb 2008, 00:48 (Ref:2128370)   #206
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Probably not, no!

I can't wait for one single series, however it comes about.

Whatever eggs are left need to be in this basket.

In response to MS, Pre split if you said "racing" most Americans would say: "Huh?" By the late '80s, NASCAR was busily transforming itself from a regional curiosity to a more "national" identity. To most Americans if you say "the split" the first thing they will think of is a move they saw on "Dancing with the Stars" or a celebrity breakup...

But that is all beside the point, which is: Just fix it. We get one series and we can work out the rules as we go.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 14 Feb 2008, 00:56 (Ref:2128378)   #207
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely this season is now going to be one of transition whatever format it takes. Either CCWS will be picking over the bones with 14 car grids or its teams will be getting used to the Dallara (incidentally they don't look ugly or sound horrid to me watching on TV - they look and sound like race cars and no more nor less so than the DP01 - F1 cars aren't exactly things of beauty either but they do the job of going darn fast pretty well).
Old 14 Feb 2008, 00:58 (Ref:2128381)   #208
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
As far as the "looks" of the car go, it has to be on the grid before being pretty becomes important.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 14 Feb 2008, 04:17 (Ref:2128445)   #209
Amar7605
Veteran

United States
Elk Grove, CA
Amar7605 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah at this point who cares what the damn cars are going to look like. The important thing is that there are cars racing!
Old 14 Feb 2008, 07:07 (Ref:2128481)   #210
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar
What that tells me is that you were nowhere around 13-14 years ago when Indycar shared the throne with Nascar.

Today almost every american equates Racing=Nascar. It didn't used to be that way.
Apparently those big brains which sentenced that "there's nothing sacred about Indy" were not that right...
Old 14 Feb 2008, 07:44 (Ref:2128491)   #211
blaarg
Racer

blaarg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
..and what if the CCWS doesn't merge this season, but defers any merger until 2009.

It won't be champcar with the lower car count.
Old 14 Feb 2008, 13:58 (Ref:2128725)   #212
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/303441

Quote:
Meanwhile, Kalkhoven, contacted at his California home, insisted the bankruptcy reports were "absolutely wrong."

"I have no idea where this came from," he said.
Would someone get him a PR agent, and get this crap sorted out.
Old 14 Feb 2008, 14:20 (Ref:2128744)   #213
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemachine
Would someone get him a PR agent.....
Sorry he was made redundant
Old 14 Feb 2008, 14:58 (Ref:2128761)   #214
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So was it all just Robin's imagination in overdrive?

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...strations//P1/

Quote:
Nobody in the Champ Car office knew anything about a potential takeover by the IRL until most read it on SPEEDTV.com and some really good people have gone to work every day this week like somebody on Death Row.
Old 14 Feb 2008, 15:08 (Ref:2128767)   #215
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Walker's still talking about the IRL but he doesn't seem to know much more than the rest of us.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../1052/SPORTS01
Old 14 Feb 2008, 15:30 (Ref:2128778)   #216
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to italiaracing (in english)

http://italiaracing.net/notizia.asp?id=17993&cat=3

even PKV, kk's team, is on his way to IRL
Old 14 Feb 2008, 18:19 (Ref:2128926)   #217
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so why can't they say the merge is on? or just give in..? it won't hurt only the sale of CC assets...
and some of those will go to superleague formula and others to BOSS and some to some vintge racers...
the tracks- keep them and lease to TG and rake it in..
Old 14 Feb 2008, 18:22 (Ref:2128930)   #218
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
I'd guess italiaracing is a day behind in the Robin Miller Rumour Mill
Old 14 Feb 2008, 18:23 (Ref:2128931)   #219
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
SLF? They need to get in bed with an Andrexball team, maybe the New England Revolution could join SuperLeague :P
Old 14 Feb 2008, 18:41 (Ref:2128947)   #220
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Merger not-so imminent?

http://blogs.indystar.com/racingexpert/

Quote:
Curt's note: It's 11 a.m. and I've checked all my sources, including the bankruptcy court, and there's no news to report. Interestingly, Tony George left for England to attend Scott Dixon's wedding. Maybe he made a stop somewhere along the way, but I don't see anything happening from the IRL's perspective until early next week at the earliest. As for Champ Car, there were the usual number of cars there yesterday when I made my rounds, and certainly no evidence of anyone packing boxes and moving out. As for talking with key CCWS officials, most of them haven't returned phone calls in a few days. So, we'll see.
Old 19 Feb 2008, 11:57 (Ref:2132456)   #221
Charlies
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
Charlies should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to Robin Miller on SpeedTV.com the merger is done for '08! Finally common sense has prevailed.

I can't wait for the season to start.
Old 19 Feb 2008, 12:23 (Ref:2132464)   #222
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yep, it is looking very good now.
Old 19 Feb 2008, 12:43 (Ref:2132468)   #223
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thinking of going to the Edmonton race all of a sudden, first time that's ever happened.
Old 19 Feb 2008, 13:16 (Ref:2132492)   #224
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's Robin's latest....apparently the details have been worked out......

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...car-deal-done/
Old 19 Feb 2008, 13:42 (Ref:2132518)   #225
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Absolutely fantastic news!

(Don't like the 'Australia is being heavily considered' bit though... )
Closed Thread