Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Sep 2007, 18:40 (Ref:2011636)   #201
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359
Good to see Pat Long in a Penske Porsche.
I wonder if this is a sign that we will see him replacing Ryan Briscoe next year.
Old 13 Sep 2007, 19:07 (Ref:2011679)   #202
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
I wonder if this is a sign that we will see him replacing Ryan Briscoe next year.
Long was my leading guess.

I'm surprised how many teams seem to be running just two drivers. Didn't Audi usually run all three drivers for Petit?
Old 13 Sep 2007, 19:35 (Ref:2011730)   #203
Matra-simca
Rookie

United States
Durham, NC
Matra-simca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatra-simca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Long was my leading guess.

I'm surprised how many teams seem to be running just two drivers. Didn't Audi usually run all three drivers for Petit?
The question should be: Why are teams running more than two drivers; after all, it's only 1000 miles or 10 hours, is it not?. Then again, there were a couple of teams - no need to mention names - running three drivers in races less than three hours long, go figure.

Todd
Old 13 Sep 2007, 22:12 (Ref:2012012)   #204
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
Would be surprised to see him leave the AJR Ruby Tuesday team no matter how good Penske's organization might be. Way too much at stake with supporting another Porsche-assisted organization.
As for running three drivers, good to get a third driver some race seat time in prep for LM?

Last edited by broadrun96; 13 Sep 2007 at 22:16.
Old 13 Sep 2007, 22:31 (Ref:2012025)   #205
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matra-simca
The question should be: Why are teams running more than two drivers; after all, it's only 1000 miles or 10 hours, is it not?. Then again, there were a couple of teams - no need to mention names - running three drivers in races less than three hours long, go figure.

Todd
A lot of LMS teams run three drivers for 1000km (6 Hours) races.
Old 13 Sep 2007, 22:36 (Ref:2012030)   #206
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
my guess to why teams are running 3 drivers is for budget? and maybe so that they have fresher drivers doing the stints which should equal better performance?
Old 14 Sep 2007, 16:28 (Ref:2012908)   #207
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Didn't Audi usually run all three drivers for Petit?
The Audi teams almost always ran two drivers.
Old 14 Sep 2007, 18:40 (Ref:2013035)   #208
yamato
Racer

yamato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indeed,

last year was the first time that I can recall where they did use a third driver, and that was only in one of their cars.

I'd rather see a third car with Lucas and Rocky than two third drivers?

yeah, like that would ever happen.
Old 21 Sep 2007, 05:05 (Ref:2019452)   #209
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In the story at EI about LAA not going to Interlagos, I find an interesting statement! It could very well be nothing but;
Quote:
To be allocated from there to the Luc Alphand Adventures, Philippe Poincloux and his men always work on a project to urge two C6.R in 2008. After having returned visit with Pratt&Miller during the summer, the TEAM manager will cross the Atlantic again soon. An advertisement will be probably made before long, “in the 15 days”.
in this is there a chance that we might see a new to LAA C6.R run at PLM and maybe Laguna before it heads home to the Continent? Sort of a one hand washes the other for next year and possible works backing for LAA in the LMS??

L.P.

full article
Old 21 Sep 2007, 07:38 (Ref:2019507)   #210
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The works backing is a fact already since P&M have permanent personnel at LAA. Next year the Ollies will run full LMS with LAA on a C6R but you already knew that I reckon.
Old 21 Sep 2007, 15:24 (Ref:2019774)   #211
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
The works backing is a fact already since P&M have permanent personnel at LAA. Next year the Ollies will run full LMS with LAA on a C6R but you already knew that I reckon.
Yes I think that with the statements that have been made and the, what appears to be, lack of competition for Corvette in the ALMS that this will surely be the result. What caught my eye was the timing of the "advertisement" coinciding with PLM and the word TEAM being capitalized in the statement. Probably just wishful thinking on my part though!

L.P.
Old 21 Sep 2007, 19:45 (Ref:2020023)   #212
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96
Would be surprised to see him leave the AJR Ruby Tuesday team no matter how good Penske's organization might be. Way too much at stake with supporting another Porsche-assisted organization.
As for running three drivers, good to get a third driver some race seat time in prep for LM?
Pat's a Porsche works driver...if they say 'jump', he says 'how high?'. I wager Porsche puts a far greater emphasis on the Penske program than AJR's faltering DP effort (based on performance if not funding, the faltering). This doesn't mean he will certainly be the new Penske shoe next year, but I don't think AJR has much to do with it.