Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 Aug 2006, 20:58 (Ref:1682585)   #1
Garrett
Racer

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
Garrett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PLM Entries?

After seeing a list of entries for Petit Le Mans on another thread, it got me wondering who out of the list would show up for the race and who should be on it that was missing. The list was posted by AU N EGL and can also be found at http://www.mariantic.co.uk/lmp/PLM06.asp.

Team / car
LMP1
Audi Sport North America Audi R10 LMP1
Audi Sport North America Audi R10 LMP1
Creation Autosportif CA06-H Judd GV5 S2 LMP1H
Dyson Racing Lola B06/10 AER LMP1
Dyson Racing Lola B06/10 AER LMP1
Highcroft Racing Ltd Lola EX257 AER LMP675
AutoCon Motorsports Lola EX257 AER LMP675
Lister Racing Team Lister Storm LMP Hybrid LMP1H
Taurus Sports Racing (groupBio) Lola B2K/10 Caterpillar LMP900
Zytek Engineering Zytek 06S Hybrid LMP1H

LMP2
Intersport Racing Lola B05/40 LMP2
Penske Motorsport Porsche RS Spyder LMP2
Penske Motorsport Porsche RS Spyder LMP2
Van der Steur Racing Radical SR9 AER LMP2
Epsilon Barazi Courage C65 Judd LMP2
G-Force / Kruse Motorsport Courage C65 Judd LMP2
Horag Racing Lola B05/40 Judd LMP2
B-K Motorsport Courage C65
Zulltec Zulltec CZ-01 LMP2

GT1
Aston Martin Racing Aston Martin DBR9 GT1
Aston Martin Racing Aston Martin DBR9 GT1
Konrad Motorsport Saleen SR7 GT1
Corvette Racing Corvette C6R GT1
Corvette Racing Corvette C6R GT1
ACEMCO Saleen S7R GT1
Cirtek Motorsport Ferrari 550 Maranello GT1
Oreca Saleen SR7 GT1

GT2
Alex Job Racing Porsche 911 GT3 RSR GT2
Petersen / White Lightning Porsche 911 GT3 RSR GT2
Panoz Motor Sports / Multimatic Motorsports Panoz Esperante GT-LM GT2
Panoz Motor Sports / Multimatic Motorsports Panoz Esperante GT-LM GT2
PTG Racing BMW M3 GT GT2S
PTG Racing BMW M3 GT GT2S
Risi Competizione Ferrari 430 GTC GT2
Risi Competizione Ferrari 430 GTC GT2
J-3 Racing Porsche 911 GT3 RSR GT2
Flying Lizard Motorsports Porsche 911 GT3 RSR GT2
Flying Lizard Motorsports Porsche 911 GT3 RSR GT2
Team Lexus Lexus IS350 GT2 GT2S
Team Lexus Lexus IS350 GT2 GT2S
Farnbacher Racing 911 GT3-RSR GT2

One thing that I will say is that Taurus Sport is on the list and I doubt they will make a P1 showing. Yet, to replace them is RfH, which Lammers made a statement about that they would like to come over for the event.

I will leave the rest of the PLM entry list for everyone else to decide upon...

Last edited by Garrett; 14 Aug 2006 at 21:01.
Old 14 Aug 2006, 21:30 (Ref:1682621)   #2
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
41 entries huh?
Old 14 Aug 2006, 21:38 (Ref:1682626)   #3
Garrett
Racer

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
Garrett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, I know. 41 entries seems unlikly so I am only counting on having 32 or so like last year. But, we will see!

It would be nice to see the Cirtek 550!
Old 14 Aug 2006, 22:07 (Ref:1682651)   #4
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nah, it would only be competitive if given a performance break...

LOL!
Old 14 Aug 2006, 22:26 (Ref:1682660)   #5
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett
Yeah, I know. 41 entries seems unlikly so I am only counting on having 32 or so like last year. But, we will see!

It would be nice to see the Cirtek 550!
Yes it would be to see the Ferrari.

Garrett you going to watch the slug fest in person ??

30 to 40 cars all flying around at under 1:20 laps
Old 15 Aug 2006, 06:35 (Ref:1682889)   #6
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im lookin forward to seeing what Oreca can do against the works Corvette team . Should be a real hum dinger in GT1 .

Will they have the chopped wing ?
Old 15 Aug 2006, 06:44 (Ref:1682891)   #7
Dauer 962
Veteran

Dauer 962 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Will they have the chopped wing ?
No, the chopped wing was a decision of the FIA GT Bureau for FIA GT and not for ACO style racing.

Zulltec on the list
Old 15 Aug 2006, 08:32 (Ref:1682960)   #8
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett
Yet, to replace them is RfH, which Lammers made a statement about that they would like to come over for the event.
I doubt this very much. RfH does not even have the budget to do all the LMS races.
Old 15 Aug 2006, 09:01 (Ref:1682983)   #9
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Assuming they're there, I'll be interested to see if Creation and Zytek lobby IMSA for an 860kg weight break in compliance with the temporary LMP1 limit which Dyson are currently enjoying. Get out clauses for IMSA are potentially the fact that they are Hybrids and not full ACO regs LMP1's plus they are not full season entries.
Old 15 Aug 2006, 10:15 (Ref:1683053)   #10
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
It's great to have a draft entry list knocking around, largely as a placeholder for discussions about PLM, but this one strikes me as being unlikely to really reflect the cars that will actually show up.

In LMP1 I'd be really quite surprised to see either the Lister or the GroupBIO. At this stage isn't it worth adding the Swiss Spirit - or were they only talking about doing Laguna Seca?

LMP2 - my gut feeling is we won't see the B-K Courage again, and I'll eat a sock if the Zulltec is there.

GT1 - didn't ACEMCO fold up their racing operation? And what's the realistic likelihood of Konrad coming back?

GT2 - leaving Lexus aside (I'll believe it when I see it) can anyone see any likelihood of a European 430 outfit coming over?
Old 15 Aug 2006, 10:27 (Ref:1683062)   #11
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauer 962
No, the chopped wing was a decision of the FIA GT Bureau for FIA GT and not for ACO style racing.

Zulltec on the list

Didnt the Acemco Saleen have a chopped wing for awhile ? Or did they give them the original wing back ?

What engine will the Zultec have in it ?
Old 15 Aug 2006, 11:17 (Ref:1683090)   #12
mariantic
Racer

Scotland
Scotland
mariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge
It's great to have a draft entry list knocking around, largely as a placeholder for discussions about PLM, but this one strikes me as being unlikely to really reflect the cars that will actually show up.
Just to clarify - I do the "Mariantic" pages - the PLM list is preceded by: "Entries below are the ALMS "Usual Suspects" plus those LMS teams who have said they will come "

The initial post loses the fact that most entries I felt were unlikely or unconfirmed were in red italics.

Zulltec did say they were going and haven't yet said not, they are very unlikey of course, but stay for now per my "rules of engagement"
  • ACEMCO I have taken out - they are gone...
  • Konrad Saleens do turn up from time to time in unusual places, so they'll stay for now.
  • G-Force, Barazi, Lister, Taurus & Cirtek F550 stay for the same reason as Zulltec for now...
  • B-K is a mystery - how long can it take to repair a C65? and weren't they getting a new car? (Lola?)

I think Creation, Zytek and Horag are loking good, ORECA is a definite maybe.

Thanks for looking at my lists

mariantic
Old 15 Aug 2006, 12:29 (Ref:1683159)   #13
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The winner of each PLM class recieves an automatic invite to next years LeMans. So that is worth fighting / racing for.

Plus the contigancy and prize monies for non-factory teams is quite good at PLM.
Old 15 Aug 2006, 15:31 (Ref:1683327)   #14
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
I really doubt they come over for the contingency money. The plane ride and other associated costs cancel that benefit out I would imagine.

They come for the auto invite. The catch is, they also come over to a very competitive series.

I'm just being a bit cynical. As I am with most of these lists. I just find the whole mental exercise of creating a "hopefuls" list to be wishful thinking. It builds up false excitement with those that don't follow the news closely. Some teams on that list have a history of saying they'll come, yet they do not. I put it all in the I'll believe it when I see it category. I will watch the race coverage regardless of the entry list. I always do.
Old 15 Aug 2006, 16:44 (Ref:1683379)   #15
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They'd all struggle for the auto-invite. LMP1 will probably go to Audi (unless it goes below them because they've already won at LM?), LMP2 will be a Porsche if they stay on the road (I suppose they'll enter praying the Porsches will break), GT1 will be either C6.R or DBR9 works cars, and the American GT2 class is very, very strong.

European entries will struggle, if they're only after the auto invite.
Old 15 Aug 2006, 16:49 (Ref:1683380)   #16
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob

European entries will struggle, if they're only after the auto invite.
Road Atlanta is not an easy track either. Great track, but also challagning.

Here is an in car video from a freinds car. Not dial up frendly

http://userpages.i-america.net/austi...%20atlanta.wmv

Last edited by AU N EGL; 15 Aug 2006 at 16:51.
Old 15 Aug 2006, 17:51 (Ref:1683433)   #17
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Didnt the Acemco Saleen have a chopped wing for awhile ? Or did they give them the original wing back ?

What engine will the Zultec have in it ?
A Menard Competition Technologies (former TWR) engine was rumoured when they showed the car at Le Mans in 2005. Since then nothing or almost nothing heard about the Zulltec. I think the project is dead...maybe a French forum member has some info about the status.
Old 15 Aug 2006, 19:43 (Ref:1683538)   #18
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
I really doubt they come over for the contingency money. The plane ride and other associated costs cancel that benefit out I would imagine.
They will be coming to showcase their cars. In P1, several of them are Hybrids and will be looking for a market for their cars as their eligibility lapses in europe (although the ACO may change that). These P1 teams already ran at LM this year and would be likely to gain entries in 2007 with an eligible car. Not guarateed but pretty much so.

Last edited by canam; 15 Aug 2006 at 19:47.
Old 15 Aug 2006, 23:22 (Ref:1683725)   #19
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Petit is a race where most cars will need three drivers.

Who is likely to featiure as the extra drivers in the leading contenders in the main cars in each category. eg in the Audis, the Penskes, the Corvettes, the Astons,etc?

For example I believe Ortelli is unlikely to appear in an Aston Martin again.
Old 16 Aug 2006, 00:59 (Ref:1683768)   #20
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Audi will probably not use three drivers and will opt for two per car. This is what they have done in most cases. Not sure about Penske. Corvette will probably be the same drivers they used at Le Mans.

But I would guess that most of the drivers will not be announced for a while yet.
Old 16 Aug 2006, 01:11 (Ref:1683774)   #21
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
Races over 3 hours must have 3 drivers
Old 16 Aug 2006, 02:46 (Ref:1683807)   #22
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman
The Petit is a race where most cars will need three drivers.

Who is likely to featiure as the extra drivers in the leading contenders in the main cars in each category. eg in the Audis, the Penskes, the Corvettes, the Astons,etc?

For example I believe Ortelli is unlikely to appear in an Aston Martin again.
For Penske, it will be Pat Long and Emmanuel Collard, as seen in Sebring.

Vettes would have Jan Magnussen and Max Papis.

Good question on the Astons. Stephane Ortelli is probably a very hot commodity. He could race for Risi, Aston Martin or Oreca. I'm sure he will have a drive in one of those three.

Also one more thing to remember: there is a FIA GT race the same weekend, so we wont see any of those drivers over here. That includes Mika Salo and Jamie Melo.
Old 16 Aug 2006, 03:26 (Ref:1683822)   #23
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU N EGL
]

That is not rquired in the American Le Mans Seriesp; it's not unusual to employ less. Recent example - Chris - Smith at Sebring the past two seasons; they do the same at PLM.
Old 16 Aug 2006, 03:27 (Ref:1683823)   #24
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about JJ? The Bear's heard something and reported it today in the new PP:

http://murphythebear.com/blog/
Old 16 Aug 2006, 03:38 (Ref:1683826)   #25
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU N EGL
As TWK already pointed out, that is not a rule. Just look at the Audi teams over the past five years. In fact, many of the prototype teams run two drivers at Petit. However, it is not as easy for the GT teams to run two drivers, as the cars get much warmer inside (especially the Panoz!). Most of the GT teams will use three drivers.