Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum > Marshals Needed

Old 4 Jan 2007, 03:43 (Ref:1805776)   #1
QH Racing
Rookie

QH Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marshals need in 2007 for the IOPD British Quad-X Championship

Hi everyone, I run the IOPD British Quad-X Championship, more info can be found at www.qhracing.co.uk QH Racing is the sister company of Quad Heaven at www.quadheaven.co.uk and is the largest quad bike race club in the UK, the 2007 British series is competing over 16 rounds at 10 of the best motocross tracks in the country.

We run single and 2 day events, some saturdays and sundays and some sundays and bank holiday mondays, and all single day events are run on Sundays.

At each round (per day) we run 21 races from children to adults and races last from approximately 10 to 30 minutes.

We are a professionaly run organisation and received British status this year from our governing body the IOPD - The Institute of Professional Drivers, we are the only quad club in the UK to receive backing from the IOPD, although many other clubs/organisations have tried.

We use high quality electronic transponder systems and are the only quad/motocross club in the country to use electronic start lights and electronic start gates.

Safety is paramount at every event and our attention to detail keeps incidents to a minimum.

We are looking for between 10 and 20+ marshals for each round of the championship this year and unlike most other clubs we pay all our marshals for their hard work and efforts, this year we are paying eaqch marshal £50.00 per round (day) (2 day events = £100) and in addition to this provide lunch and water throughout the day, in return for this we naturally expect the highest attention to detail from the marshals to ensure our safety record is kept.

In addition to the above payment we are also willing to pay all fuel costs if 5 or more marshals travel together to an event in one vehicle.

We would require marshals to arrive at each event by 8.30am and the days racing finishes between 5-6pm (approximately). We are holding 6x 2 day events this year and camping is available at each venue.

Our dates and venues for next year are as follows:

Rounds: 1 and 2
Dates: Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th March 2007

Rounds: 3 and 4
Dates: Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th April 2007

Rounds: 5 and 6
Dates: Sunday 6th and Bank Holiday Monday 7th May

Rounds: 7 and 8
Dates: Sunday 27th and Bank Holiday Monday 28th May

Round: 9
Date: Sunday 10th June

Round: 10
Date: Sunday 1st July

Round: 11
Date: Sunday 8th July

Rounds: 12 and 13
Dates: Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th July

Rounds: 14 and 15
Dates: Sunday 26th and Bank Holiday Monday 27th August

Round: 16
Date: Sunday 16th September

I hope the above is of interest to you and if there is anything else you would like to know, please ask away :-)
Old 4 Jan 2007, 20:21 (Ref:1806537)   #2
Alan Green
Veteran

England
Doncaster
Alan Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic, I know the track at Armthorpe, it's about five minutes from my house! I'll read more on the weblinks and contact you by PM.
Nice to diversify and try something different every now & again!

Al.
Old 5 Jan 2007, 13:26 (Ref:1807431)   #3
Paul Newns
Veteran

Paul Newns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where is Talsarn? Wales is a big area.
Old 5 Jan 2007, 16:40 (Ref:1807636)   #4
ian_c_uk
Racer

United Kingdom
J5 M61
ian_c_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Newns
Where is Talsarn? Wales is a big area.
Closest I can find is Talsarnau?

..ahh, looked at quad site and found postcode, it's here:

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.c...&scale=1000000

Just south of Aberystwyth...
Old 6 Jan 2007, 12:46 (Ref:1808140)   #5
Paul Newns
Veteran

Paul Newns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Ian. I'd found a horse trotting track somewhere in Brecon but I thought that was wrong.
Old 7 Jan 2007, 23:17 (Ref:1809174)   #6
QH Racing
Rookie

Sorry I hadn't replied earlier, the nearest postcode is: SA48 8QE but then it's a couple of miles from there, we put signs up guiding everyone in the day before.

What normally happens, will people let us know they are coming or do we just hope we get marshals.

Thanks for your help.
Old 10 Jan 2007, 15:43 (Ref:1811524)   #7
ian_c_uk
Racer

United Kingdom
J5 M61
ian_c_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm just sorting my calendar for this year but certainly fancy a couple, Armthorpe is the closest and then will decide if to do any more....

Are there any costs for family members (spectators) that will accompany me? Likewise, any costs for camping? Will the camping area for marshal's be seperate \ quiet from those that like a drink \ sing till the early hours? There is nothing worse than trying to give your full attention at 8am after a night of no sleep.
Old 10 Jan 2007, 16:05 (Ref:1811542)   #8
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
QH, in general, people will volunteer beforehand and should hopefully let you know if they can't make it.

Can I suggest you talk to Julian Floyd and get your calendar put on his volunteering website - that way people can volunteer and it'll be emailed to you directly.

You can PM him on Tenths - he's registered as Julian.
Old 14 Jan 2007, 02:45 (Ref:1814640)   #9
QH Racing
Rookie

Hi guys

Thanks for your replys, let me answer your questions

ian_c_uk - If you are happy to marshal for us there would be no charge for your family members, I would gve you special passes that will let them in. No costs for camping at any of our venues, we are VERY strict with our members, we stipulate QUIET after 11:30pm and generators switched off, beleive it or not it is usually very quiet, most people are so tired anyway they are in bed by 9

You can camp in the same area as the organisers which is usually away from the rest.

I hope that answers your questions.

EvilPumpkin - Thanks for that, I will give him a PM and hope that he can help us out.

Thanks guys
Old 12 Mar 2007, 03:00 (Ref:1864248)   #10
QH Racing
Rookie

Hi

Round 1 and 2 takes place 24th and 25th March at Armthorpe in Yorkshire, amyone coming to marshal as so far we've had zero interest.

Thanks

Mark.
Old 13 Mar 2007, 10:18 (Ref:1865460)   #11
BeeJ
Racer

England
Coventry UK
BeeJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry already voluntered for other events that weekend. May be available for the 8th July if the family static caravan in PeterChurch is available. I will PM you.