Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Jul 2007, 17:42 (Ref:1968499)   #1
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton/Alonso rivalry advertised on TV!

Doesn't look good... And Mika is waiting in the blockstarts to replace the weakest link...

Whole story here
Old 20 Jul 2007, 17:52 (Ref:1968505)   #2
pottiella
Veteran

pottiella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that was hilarious!!

I laughed so much it made me cry...

You gotta hand it to Mercedes Benz though; they've taken the media stirring publicity over the rivalry and they're now milking it for all it's worth!!
Old 20 Jul 2007, 17:59 (Ref:1968512)   #3
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice one Mika!
Old 20 Jul 2007, 18:07 (Ref:1968524)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fantastic! Thanks Red!
Old 20 Jul 2007, 18:08 (Ref:1968527)   #5
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
just great
i love the look on Alonso's face and wave when they are both stopped at the traffic lights.
Old 20 Jul 2007, 18:45 (Ref:1968553)   #6
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Appears to have been inspired by the rubbish spouted by many about their rivalry having become an unsavoury one. This seems a funny response in the form of a memorable advert.
Old 20 Jul 2007, 18:58 (Ref:1968564)   #7
Racer_kyle
Racer

Northern Ireland
Edinburgh
Racer_kyle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rivalry?

seriously though, brilliant ad, love it!
Old 20 Jul 2007, 19:09 (Ref:1968570)   #8
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
That's made my day!

Absolutely brilliant!

Who says there's no soul in F1?
Old 20 Jul 2007, 19:38 (Ref:1968585)   #9
trevisio
Racer

United Kingdom
In my house
trevisio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
very funny!
Old 20 Jul 2007, 19:57 (Ref:1968600)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great ad, thanks Mercedes !
Old 20 Jul 2007, 20:31 (Ref:1968623)   #11
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Nice one. Adverts should be fun.

If I must be subjected to mind control, let it be amusing.
Old 20 Jul 2007, 20:32 (Ref:1968625)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
Great ad, thanks Mercedes !
A funny ad. It will be aired this weekend on telly in the UK at the following times:

ChannelProgrammeTimeDateLength
ITV1 NationalNews12.23Sat 21 July1 x 60"
ITV1 NationalNews16.03Sat 21 July1 x 60"
ITV1 NationalGP Qualifying12.30-14.35Sat 21 July1 x 60"
ITV1 NationalNews11.53Sun 22 July1 x 60"
ITV1 NationalLive GP race12.00-15.00Sun 22 July1 x 60"
Old 20 Jul 2007, 20:34 (Ref:1968628)   #13
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Why not just watch it here?
Old 20 Jul 2007, 20:37 (Ref:1968630)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, why not? Still the times aren't a lie. Besides it'll be nice to see it in a decent quality. Although in the days of mp3 and youtube quality seems to be an old fashioned thing.

Old 20 Jul 2007, 20:42 (Ref:1968635)   #15
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Well, why not? Still the times aren't a lie. Besides it'll be nice to see it in a decent quality. Although in the days of mp3 and youtube quality seems to be an old fashioned thing.

Oh, quality has not gone anywhere. The standard of that quality may have changed, though...or, more accurately, perceptions of what pertains to what standards of quality may have changed.

The times might be a lie. Somebody will need to sit with teletext on transparent mode in order to check the accuracy of the times.

Anyway, enough of being an awkward bleeper.
Old 20 Jul 2007, 20:51 (Ref:1968644)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm glad it's being aired, because I'll stick it on the GP DVD as a little extra.
Old 20 Jul 2007, 20:53 (Ref:1968651)   #17
Frank_White
Racer

Frank_White should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brilliant ad.
Old 20 Jul 2007, 21:21 (Ref:1968671)   #18
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Love it!
A great ending to the working week.
Old 20 Jul 2007, 21:44 (Ref:1968690)   #19
doug911
Racer

United Kingdom
York
doug911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But how did Mercedes get Kimi in the ad? Even before the current cold war I'm surprised Ferrari allowed him to do it!!
Old 20 Jul 2007, 21:46 (Ref:1968692)   #20
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug911
But how did Mercedes get Kimi in the ad? Even before the current cold war I'm surprised Ferrari allowed him to do it!!
It's not Kimi, it's Mika!

Last edited by Speedblood; 20 Jul 2007 at 21:48.
Old 20 Jul 2007, 23:31 (Ref:1968744)   #21
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Great idea...Good fun...Mika what a nice chap he is...

Last edited by JeremySmith; 20 Jul 2007 at 23:33.
Old 21 Jul 2007, 09:29 (Ref:1968923)   #22
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
When the 2 fell over in the corridor they genuinely looked like they were having fun.

Not sure what Ron would make of Mika's tattoo though
Old 21 Jul 2007, 09:32 (Ref:1968925)   #23
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great ad. And the good thing is, Alonso and Hamilton seemed to actually enjoy it!
Old 21 Jul 2007, 10:22 (Ref:1968940)   #24
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Magic!

Although it is an ad, and it should be taken with a pinch of salt, etc., I think it does go quite some way to showing that all this media speculation about an intense rivalry is a bit premature. After all, could you imagine Prost and Senna doing such an advertisement together?

And bravo for having Mika deliver his typical cool style at the end. As an aside, I found this amusing little clip linked to from that video - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4-NVm-AtI1M
Old 21 Jul 2007, 10:23 (Ref:1968941)   #25
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Mika never seemed the same after his accident in Australia.

He seemed "less jokey", good to see he's a good sport too.