Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Sep 2008, 13:30 (Ref:2301127)   #1
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Luca di Montezemolo doesn't seem to like Singapore

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/feedarticle/7839472
Old 30 Sep 2008, 14:16 (Ref:2301156)   #2
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He is referring the to Safety Car rules, not the country itself.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 14:29 (Ref:2301164)   #3
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that if his team had done better he wouldn't be complaining
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 30 Sep 2008, 15:14 (Ref:2301186)   #4
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntt
I think that if his team had done better he wouldn't be complaining
yep

They didn't do well, they have to blame someone or something else
Old 30 Sep 2008, 15:24 (Ref:2301192)   #5
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"When we race on tracks which should be used for the circus, anything can happen…"

Try having your guys not driving like clowns then.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 15:45 (Ref:2301202)   #6
doug911
Racer

United Kingdom
York
doug911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grapes, sour....rearrange as appropriate!
Old 30 Sep 2008, 17:17 (Ref:2301262)   #7
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac510
He is referring the to Safety Car rules, not the country itself.
Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest he didn't like the country
Old 30 Sep 2008, 18:02 (Ref:2301299)   #8
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Ferrari is returning to form these past few races! :P
Old 30 Sep 2008, 18:14 (Ref:2301309)   #9
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Would have been the best circuit in the world if Massa had won. He hasn't changed much over the years, he was talking rubbish back in the 70s when Lauda was there.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 18:28 (Ref:2301327)   #10
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i took a very different view on his comments. for the most part i think he is saying exactly what alot of people here have been saying for a while, that the spectacle has taken over and sporting concerns are not being properly addressed.

also i think he is calling it a circus, in the traditional use as it is a place to go racing not a circus with clowns and elephants.

but suggesting that the saftey car rule is wrong, and with the knowledge that the pit error was not caused by the traffic in pitlane but rather because of a faulty Ferrari system, is it possible that he thinks that Hamilton should have won that race?

Last edited by chillibowl; 30 Sep 2008 at 18:31.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 18:32 (Ref:2301333)   #11
happyhammer
Rookie

United Kingdom
Poole
happyhammer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Ferrari's traffic light system in the pits didn't make F1 look like a circus??

I was in physical pain I was laughing so hard when the Ferrari mechanics had to carry the refuelling hose back up the pitlane.

Will someone have to get seriously hurt before they ditch the traffic lights??
Old 30 Sep 2008, 18:34 (Ref:2301337)   #12
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
actually have just read his quotes in some other articles...maybe he is calling it a clown and elephant cirus.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 18:46 (Ref:2301347)   #13
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
He did seem to be really ****ed off about it.

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=36135
Old 30 Sep 2008, 19:07 (Ref:2301371)   #14
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the Ferrari pit crew were celebrating the New Year dragon dance

Who gives a sh1t anyway what he thinks as it comes down to Ferrari really blew it and as has been said, sour grapes now but if Ferrari had won, or even finished, maybe he'd be saying it differently.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 21:20 (Ref:2301469)   #15
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Funny that I never heard him complain about Valencia and there was even less overtaking there.......oh wait a Ferrari won that GP

Luca should be proud that his team brought some much needed entertainment to F1 rather than slate the GP venue in an attempt to deflect attention.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 22:40 (Ref:2301533)   #16
ukaskew
Racer

ukaskew should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl
i took a very different view on his comments. for the most part i think he is saying exactly what alot of people here have been saying for a while, that the spectacle has taken over and sporting concerns are not being properly addressed.
I was amused by the overall feel of his comments and put it down to bitterness, but I completely agree on the above, having re-read what he actually said. The classic circuits are still around for a reason, mainly that they still offer brilliant racing, the day these are all replaced with generic circuits in the middle of deserts or cities is the day the sport is completely dead, regardless of how much money they may have found in these new markets.

However, as others have said, in his role as FOTA chair his comments should equally be levelled at Valencia, and possibly a few of the other recent additions to the calendar as well, regardless of where his team finished at said events.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 22:44 (Ref:2301535)   #17
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I'd take Valencia over Catalunya any day of the week. I like having Catalunya on the calander because it gives us a great gauge of where the teams really are in relation to each other, but, given only one to be on the schedule, I would take Valencia everytime.

One thing with new venues is they need to be given some time. New is not necessarily always bad, although it can be, but it is not fair to judge a place on the basis of one running.
Old 1 Oct 2008, 00:02 (Ref:2301571)   #18
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
There is one point that all you guys seem to have overlooked and that is that di Montezemelo didn't like the circuit before the race.

This article, written a week earlier, is mostly about renewing Kimi's contract, but please read the last two sentences.
Old 1 Oct 2008, 00:28 (Ref:2301581)   #19
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He doesn't like it because they got themselves in a position where the FIA couldn't help them!!
Old 1 Oct 2008, 11:11 (Ref:2301896)   #20
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is sour grapes. If overtaking is an issue for him I take it he has been campaigning against Monaco for the last 40 years.
In fact there was some overtaking on Sunday, but everybody missed it laughing at Ferrari. I hate this kind of outburst when things go against a team that have had things go their way for a very long time. If you compare it with how MacLaren have taken things on the chin it shows a real lack of class.
I would love to see Alonso there as well and then the toy throwing would be of Olympic standard.
Old 1 Oct 2008, 13:33 (Ref:2302025)   #21
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
I'd take Valencia over Catalunya any day of the week. I like having Catalunya on the calander because it gives us a great gauge of where the teams really are in relation to each other, but, given only one to be on the schedule, I would take Valencia everytime.

One thing with new venues is they need to be given some time. New is not necessarily always bad, although it can be, but it is not fair to judge a place on the basis of one running.
I agree. I'd to see the Valencia to become the venue of the Spanish Grand Prix. Teams can't test on that track. A street circuit also provides more glitter and glamour and thereby fits Formula 1 better.
Old 1 Oct 2008, 13:40 (Ref:2302031)   #22
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingguest
I agree. I'd to see the Valencia to become the venue of the Spanish Grand Prix. Teams can't test on that track. A street circuit also provides more glitter and glamour and thereby fits Formula 1 better.
I would suggest Motorland Aragon for the Spanish GP, has a good degree of elevation change and a long, downhill backstraight.

http://www.motorlandaragon.com/pagEstatica.aspx?id=14
I would go for Variation C.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 1 Oct 2008, 16:49 (Ref:2302154)   #23
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sour grapes.

If there wasn't a safety car and Massa had cruised to victory, he wouldn't be saying a word.
Old 1 Oct 2008, 17:00 (Ref:2302160)   #24
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntt
I would suggest Motorland Aragon for the Spanish GP, has a good degree of elevation change and a long, downhill backstraight.

http://www.motorlandaragon.com/pagEstatica.aspx?id=14
I would go for Variation C.
Bleedin hell, that's one hell of a circuit.
Old 1 Oct 2008, 19:55 (Ref:2302299)   #25
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah, the least twisty option (which I assume is C?) looks good. If the undulations work in the right spots, well it could be outright impressive.

Of course, I imagine I would end up opposing F1 going there because it would entail the multilation of the place (or bankruptcy). Perhaps this isn't so, though?